Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120560 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 23, for real now
« Reply #495 on: August 12, 2012, 05:03:11 pm »

(Holy trippy dreams, Batman!)

"Ooh, shiny."
Remy fiddles about with his new toy on the way down, trying to get a better feel for how they work.  Once they're at the forest he blinks and turns to the others.
"So, what's our plan of attack?  If anyone wants me to throw a fireball, forget it.  Don't want to die in a self-inflicted forest fire myself, I don't know about the rest of you.  Hey!  Let me tell you about this crazy dream I had last night..."
So babbling, try and gain magical control of the local plantlife.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 12, 2012, 05:29:26 pm »

Pretty face? ...Nevermind.

Elenor takes the comms device Liz had given the team and equips it somehow (inside or outside his helm).

"I'll take this. Reasonability and sanity are needed for knowing when to retreat."

Check visually for traps at the first dozens of meters of each passage.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:48:50 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 12, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »

Maka let loose another bout of deranged, high-pitched laughter, still gently caressing her Fun Gun. This thing was going to be so much fun.

"Hey. Are you guys suuuuuuuure nobody wants to get hit with the Fun Gun? Most likely not all the effects are bad, so you could get lucky and turn into a giant shrimp maybe!

Also let's play with the new thingy! Gauge everyone's power level! Tell us their info!

OH! That reminds me, I had the most horrible dream last night! I was possessing some uppity paladin while he killed all my minions and stabbed me in the throat! Anyway now I think I need to figure out how to survive being stabbed in the throat, or maybe get better minions, or maybe get some long-term spell protection and retaliation so I don't get distracted by two-bit wizards again.

Also let's just go right."

Speak ceaselessly, suggest rightmost path.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 12, 2012, 08:48:13 pm »

Remy pauses in his babbling as something Maka said registers.
"You need to learn to survive being stabbed in the throat?  Need me to give you a practical lesson?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 12, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »

"You know how to survive being stabbed in the throat? But you're barely even a mage!"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2012, 08:59:49 pm »

"...no... but I do know how to stab someone in the throat, you know.  I can do it right now, and then you can try and keep yourself alive!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 12, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

"Ducks."
Apollo shudders, then attaches the ammo mod onto his rifle. He grabs some large rocks and loads them into his gun. Then, he walks up to Elenor.
"Hey, I got a note here that says you can call for an evac using that comms device. We can't do it mid-battle though."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 12, 2012, 09:44:24 pm »

Maka considered Remy's proposal for a moment.

"Or, I could stab you in the throat, and then fashion you into- wait. I mean, stab you in the throat and you figure it out and tell me! Sorry, got lost there a moment. Hehehehehe!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 12, 2012, 10:18:56 pm »

((Errol, you mixed up my name and my characters name?! WHat?  :P

Caellath, I know who you wrote for. :3))

Taren trudged along with the rest, fingering his new sword hilt and thinking about the dream. It was done in the shortest of details, with much left to infer from - basically, the ordinary common dream.

As they entered the place and Maka spoke up, he wondered if the dreams meant something in particular.

"Can we not kill each other here? Let's take the rightmost door, as the lady says, and then kill each other's foes.

"It's better than testing each other, I'd figure."

The cathedral under the city...would have to wait.

Take point at the rightmost path. Try to discern any magical fields or the presence of magic along the way.

Attach Hilt: Ice.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:20:39 pm by Tiruin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 12, 2012, 11:56:48 pm »

Remy grins rather more sincerely at Taren.  "You need help with that thing?  I can give you elements if you need."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2012, 03:31:46 am »

Having been silent all the way down, Helskaya now speaks up, greedily eying his new magic bong.

"Hey. Anyone want to carry me for the next twelve hours? I can then take point in the spirit form. Thus we gain upper hand on all foes or traps before us, and remain safe."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2012, 06:36:40 am »

Komas, who had sunk even further into his grouchiness following his restless sleep and the dreams within, brightened up considerably upon receiving that lobster. He wasn't quite sure what the girl meant by immortal, but he was sure it'd be tasty.
He shoved it down his worn shirt for safekeeping and marched on downstairs with Heinkel slung over one shoulder, busily pondering possible recipes for the thing. He wasn't quite sure what he'd do ingredients-wise, though. Surely there wasn't much in the way of plant--

Komas's single eye widened a bit as the party reached the 'second stratum', as it was apparently called. As his irritating companions started bickering amongst themselves, he inspected the clearing more closely, more specifically the flora. He tried to work out which of them looked familiar.
"Mebbe some'f these'll work gud in a fish stew..." He muttered to himself as he sorted through the various leafy things, occasionally 'hmm'ing thoughtfully.

>Search the safe-looking, lush clearing for edible plants, the filling kind or those that could be used as seasoning. Preferably non-poisonous.

>Also keep an eye (Ha, ha) on my strange companions, incase they decide to move on anytime soon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:26 am »

"Alright Hel, I'll be busy with your body.

"Komas, is it? How does that lobster fancy your tastes?"

Taren couldn't help but notice the man's mood when in close proximity with the thing. Was it a lucky charm for him?

Added Action: Carry Helskaya's body!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:37 am »

"Ewww... I do not like the sound of th- oh wait. I see. Many kind thanks, Taren."

Added action: Utilise magic bong and attempt spirit-reconnaissance.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2012, 06:49:17 pm »

Komas grunted in reply to Taren, without looking up from his work.
"Dunno yet, do I? 'Swhat 'm tryin' to find out."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58