Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120550 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 21/b: A Farewell to Ratherio
« Reply #465 on: July 22, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »

(Erp.)
Continue to assist Taren!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 22, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »

((Wait, I thought I has posted. Derp.))

Slip past fine traps, continue exploring. See if there's any inactive trap components that might make a good weapon, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 23, 2012, 12:16:13 am »

(Erp.)
((Shoot him with electricity again?

Thumbscrews?

Or changing the name on your debt notice to his, so he'll crack?

Or maybe setting fire to his undergarments?

Assist me, how? :3))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 23, 2012, 12:32:35 am »

(Erp.)
((Shoot him with electricity again?
Shockingly, (seewhatIdidthere), no.

Thumbscrews?
Your screws have thumbs on them?  Neat!

Or changing the name on your debt notice to his, so he'll crack?
Well, first we have to find out his name.  That's what the interrogation is for.  (Also best idea ever.)

Or maybe setting fire to his undergarments?
A solid plan B.

Assist me, how? :3))
Take your calls and do your taxes?  Or I could just rob his fingers and toes of all heat, freezing them completely solid.  (Hint: it's not the first one.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:35:53 am by Remalle »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 29, 2012, 02:41:03 pm »

I thought I slacked a little more, but this is just barely beyond acceptable parameters. Unfortunately, I picked up Age of Empires III Complete in the summer sale, and it is not helping my unmotivation. Nor is spending every free minute on Drawception.

Doing the turn... right after this game of TF2...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 29, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

((Quick, somebody with proper internet go on TF2 and camp the GM til he ragequits and goes to update instead. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 29, 2012, 04:52:25 pm »

((I'd probably just be feeding him kills. :I))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2012, 04:54:08 pm »

((I'd probably just be feeding him kills. :I))
((This is why we play Soldier. He can't lose.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2012, 10:41:34 am »

((Quick, somebody with proper internet go on TF2 and camp the GM til he ragequits and goes to update instead. :P))

((If you are on a GHQ Doomsday server and see an Engineer running around with the Gunslinger, regular Shotgun and Pistol, that might be me. What made me ragequit was lagspikes to no tomorrow.
Today is a different story, though. I think another half hour of it and then I update for reals.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:43:17 am by Errol »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could also interpret this style of updating as stalling until Lawas is back. Except that I will probably still stall around when he's here again.
Also I just re-read and I did in fact not update for three weeks or so. Not acceptable. Derp.

So, here, have an update.

Turn 22A: The Australium will be ready for pick-up in fourty-five seconds

-- Ruins Group --

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(4) Sorting the still intact tables out of the wreckage, Elenor stacks them once more, then takes off some parts of his armor, tying them to the rope. He manages to successfully climb the stack with rope in hand and lessened weight, then pulls himself through the hole rather ungracefully. Then, he pulls his armor up and puts it back on. After all this is done, he performs a room check.
In fact, the room he is in is unlike the dungeon. It's more of a wine cellar in fact... it IS a wine cellar, a little less grand than the ones you remember from Castle Warsen, though. In fact, the whole place looks rather abandoned. There is magical lighting on the walls, but it is dim from lack of maintenance. A hole in the ground leading to a potentially dangerous dungeon tends to do that. Anyway, there should be a way out, even if it is blockaded. Nothing a good shoulder tackle can't fix.
Other than that, no good loot. You find an unlit torch and decide to pocket it, but everything worthwhile seems to have been relocated already.

Maka:

(2) Uuuh... these traps look dangerous to traverse. You don't know how the fuck you could get past them without relying on your luck. And you don't feel like dying just yet.
There's one oversized sawblade and a few stabby spears that appear to be stuck in their current positions, reachable, but still stuck, which means you can't get them out.

-- City Group --

Helskaya:

(1) ...what kind of LANGUAGE is that? You don't understand a single word, discounting the scribbles on the page edges, but those are not especially helpful.
You close the book in disappointment.

Apollo:

(6) Taking aim, you shoot just as the bear notices the puny human standing in front of him - too late for the bear. The bullet penetrates the bear skull between his eyes, continues through the bear innards, then suddenly explodes into rainbows. The bear also explodes, but into bear parts instead. It looks like you might have overdone it a bit...
After the shower of gibs dies down, a completely blooddrenched Apollo sifts through the various chunks of bear to see whether the ass is still intact. It doesn't look too good, but you believe it could pass. After that, you harvest the bear's teeth because you never know when you will need bear teeth, and leave with the ass in hand.

Taren:

(5) "Look buddy, I can't tell much more-" AAGH "-They need humans, living humans for something! We brought the beggar down there, and he came out this way! I'm just a mook, they just tell me what I need to know!" Taren is somewhat satisfied by this.

Remy:

(5) Remy is not. "Tell me absolutely everything you know, or..." He pauses, considering several methods, before settling on "...or I set your underpants on fire AND freeze all of your limbs AT THE SAME TIME." Artistic pause. "That includes your crown jewels."
The impression left is lasting. The man begins to sing.
"My name is Redips Achron I am 23 years old live in the riverslums please don't tell my ma she'd gut me if she knew I did crime oh please these Cathedral guys are plotting something big they need blood for it barrels and barrels of blood they took some of mine too wear iron masks white cloaks one belt never seen one without it but hear clinking when they walk spare me please *huff* *huff* there is a city under the city that's the Cathedral the city under the city they are many and they are disciplined you would need an army to smoke them out *huff* *huff* they desire power..."
"Should we use the debt notice, Taren?"
"Not needed. I doubt he knows more."
"I doubt that. Hey, shrimp, what's the square root of 42?"

Komas

(1) While he might just have tried to shop, Komas still alienates the respective shop owners hard enough to prevent any purchase. Tough luck, that little bugger should not have brought up the topic of eeeeyes.
There is a river flowing through Kingsford, else it would not be called Kingsford. But for Komas it's really more of a brook compared to what he has seen. And there is no boats for sale, anywhere. The fishermen just cast out their lines from land, and the traders are looking to expand their business, not to shrink it.
And the labyrinth... everyone's story is different, 99% of it might just be made up. One thing is certain, though: It is dangerous. But you already knew that.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Komas Hopatke (Yoink)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

On another note, it amuses me that the RtD Library counted this game as "active".
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:43:56 pm by Errol »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think time dilation is pretty strange at the moment. Elenor managed very little in the time people have been reading books and walking around the city.

Also, could I get how many levers there were and what was written on each of them (I do remember some were unnamed).))

Elenor looks around, shrugging to himself. Well, he would come back there with the rope soon to discover what the levers did, but it seems it was almost time to get back to the labyrinth business. Dusting his armor off and making sure it was properly tied and buckled, he starts to consider his options.

Search for ancient bottles or barrels of wine, look for a way out and report to the flat-chested mage in the city.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:58:21 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"What do you think, Taren?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Explore the other direction then!

Explore unexplored passages, receive loot!

Then report to Liz I guess.

((This was a T-shaped hallway, right?))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:56:32 pm by IronyOwl »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Apollo was impressed by his new-found enemy exploding skills. A bit too impressed, some would say, as he began squealing like a little girl at a birthday party. When he finished, he decided that he might need more than the bears ass.
Take the bears skin and claws as well. Go back, give our boss the ass.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:58:23 am by Spinal_Taper »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Explore the other direction then!

((This was a T-shaped hallway, right?))

((+ shape if you include the entrance iirc. Straight ahead was a boss door, while left wasn't anything particularily interesting; Elenor was there before and that's his estimate of the situation.))

((I think time dilation is pretty strange at the moment. Elenor managed very little in the time people have been reading books and walking around the city.

((That's the reason for the double turns.
Although you could rationalize it with him being -just that cautious-.))

Also, could I get how many levers there were and what was written on each of them (I do remember some were unnamed).))

((Knowing myself, one of them probably was labeled FUN. But I'm as out of it right now as you are, sorry, so I dunno.))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 58