Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120530 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn 19/a: Enter the sidequests
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:35 am »

((What kind of adventurer doesn't end up in nearby ruins for no good reason? That's like the definition of an adventurer! :P))

"Awwww," Maka said consolingly, "did you lose your minions lately or something? I know how hard that can be, sort of."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2012, 06:19:18 am »

"Awwww," Maka said consolingly, "did you lose your minions lately or something? I know how hard that can be, sort of."
((While you guys start a wizard's soap opera outside, Elenor is already inside the Ruins. I just hope I'm able to plunder everything before Maka and Ratherio decide to enter.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2012, 06:36:29 am »

((Yeah yeah. Just wait until you're trapped in a fiendish predicament that can only be solved with insane wizardry! Then you'll be sorry! YOU'LL ALL BE SORRY, AHAHAHAHAHA!))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2012, 07:40:50 am »

Helskaya will go to the inn and spend some CP on fine food and rest, having totally missed the column of adventurers heading out.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2012, 09:05:22 am »

((Rath will not arrive until 19/b. That is, I rolled a five just now, so Rath will have arrived by 19/b slash end of 19/a and can place an action then. Please wait with your bad RPing until then and be aware that I'll ignore it with extreme prejudice.))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:08:05 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2012, 09:14:44 am »

((Rath will not arrive until 19/b. That is, I rolled a five just now, so Rath will have arrived by 19/b slash end of 19/a and can place an action then. Please wait with your bad RPing until then and be aware that I'll ignore it with extreme prejudice.))
((Will he head there while singing YMCA?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn Nineteen B: I do not actually know the lyrics to YMCA

-- Ruins Group --

Elenor:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(6) The man agrees after you discreetly show him one of your (stained glass) gems, and even offers to arrange things so that your package arrives two days earlier - obviously, you pass him the piece of glass for that. As long as he doesn't find out, it will be fine...
(5) Back to the present. Where other people have an angel and a devil on their shoulders, Elenor has two instances of Admiral Ackbar. The whole "light the torches beside the door" thing is a dead horse par excellence, and thus, he is especially careful because most likely the torches are schmuck bait, triggering a mechanism somewhere that leads to unpleasantries. But first, he searches the ground for pressure plates... finding none. The wall is also solid and there appear to be no hidden doors, nor are there pullable torches (not that he would have). For the next step, he carefully takes an unlit torch from its position, then ignites it with a match from the supply kit. He then skewers the lit torch on his sword, stands besides the wall and lights the first torch, slowly. Nothing happens. He then repeats the procedure from the other side...
Wow. If he had stood in front of the door, he'd be an Elenor sandwich now. The door, unfortunately, remains shut. Elenor concludes that the answer might lie in another room, so he exits back to the main hall. It turns out he entered the hallway to the left, so he marks it to remember that there's nothing interesting down the way.
Right and Center remain. Choosing a way is a free action.

Maka:

(1) A grizzly bear is sleeping behind the ruins. Maka takes this as an opportunity to thwack the thing with the battle cry "RRIIIISE FROM YOUR GRAAAVE!"
The grizzly is awake. It has headaches. It sees the reason for the headaches.
Maka still thinks it was totally worth it.

Ratherio:

(5) Y~~M~~C~~A~~
You arrive at the ruins, and -- hey, is that a bear chasing Maka?

-- City Group --

Helskaya:

Hel is at the inn. It looks (3) decent.

Apollo:

(4) ""Of Universal Science?" I don't even want to ask where you got that idea from, but I have to concede that you do have good taste. There just is one problem: The book is on the Index. You're technically not even supposed to know about it. You see, this Kreutzer person - apparently he, or she, or it succeeded in what he/she/it wanted to do, but then apparently they had to stop him/her/it. That incident was a few decades ago, before you were born, and the Holy Orders have tried to purge it from history, so I don't know much about it either. Not even Kreutzer's gender..." She sighs. Not knowing about something appears to nag her.
"Anyway, Kreutzer was defeated - by the late King himself, it is rumored - and world peace was saved. All books, or nearly all of them about the now-forbidden techniques were burned and put on the Index. I know for a fact that a few copies of 'Of Universal Science' have survived... and so has its author." Apollo notes that she grins again, taking delight in her knowledge.
"Can you tell me more about that? Where are the books, where is the author?" he asks.
"I'm afraid I do not divulge all of my information for free. Do me a favor or two first, then we can talk again."
"So... which kind of favor is it?"
"You are to get me at least five bear asses."

Taren:

Taren arrives at the crypt (5) without any problems.

Remy:

We'll not know the results (or the dice roll, for the matter) until next turn.

--

The characters exploring the ruins will get two turns for every one the others get, starting now (so the next time I update will be a mini-turn). The ruins aren't planned to be that large, but the intermission wasn't, either.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)

Maka R'lyeh-Voile (IronyOwl)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Elenor furrows his brow slightly. He can swear he just heard Maka's high-pitched voice screaming something in the lines of an unusual battlecry followed by what sounded like a pissed off bear. Aside from that, it also seems Ratherio is outside singing about him "hanging out with all the boys" and "young men". Which means that currently outside there are Ratherio, Maka and an angry grizzly bear which may harm both of them. The knight takes the only logical choice: entering the Center path and ignoring the mess outside. The wizards are capable of besting a bear, or at the very least they can run inside the Ruins and not get too maimed.

Center and examine the area before and after entering it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:49:51 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Continue reading...
"Huh, this is really fascinating!  Oh, so that's how you're supposed to twirl them!  Huh, so you're supposed to point then shoot?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Maka still thinks it was totally worth it.

Magically cripple bear to establish dominance. Laugh while being chased by bear. Cease laughing if caught by bear.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Laugh while being chased by bear. Cease laughing if caught by bear.
((Not so funny when the half-a-ton furious offended party gets its claws on you.))
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Future RP phase:
"Minions? Well, kinda. I didn't actually get her, but that just makes it worse..."
He looked around.
"Look, you're a girl right? Not too long ago, I tried to charm someone, but she turned me down... Even when I started using my snazziest pick-up lines on her... Do you know any thing that could help?"
Present battle phase:
"Hey bear, was your last name Lee and you parents call you Ug? 'Cause yo uuugly!"
After taunting the bear, he attempted to cast Costrus on it!

((Extra-soapy soap opera coming up. Also, the bear will have to have iron-will to attack the one who didn't taunt it.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@borno: Ratherio should just apply some bacon essence to his body to attract the bear. I bet it would be more pleased in eating something which tastes like bacon than the frilly and colorful girl.))
>Yes?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Extra-soapy soap opera coming up. Also, the bear will have to have iron-will to attack the one who didn't taunt it.))

((Are you sure that a normal grizzly bear will actually understand what you are saying?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Are you sure that a normal grizzly bear will actually understand what you are saying?))
((I think he is acting like Ratherio even OOC. Because that is more akin to Ratherio's reasoning.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 58