Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58

Author Topic: Roll to Explore the Dungeon: Ch.2 T.38: Do you even praise the King?  (Read 120402 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Seven: And Rule 34 strikes again
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2012, 07:40:41 am »

Taren Creyn:

Vote for the Right passage.

"Helskaya, Remy, I think our best option is to search the rightmost passage. A foul stench is not one which bodes well, in my experience." Taren said, a vivid image of a pile of soldier's corpses appearing in his mind. The details still reminding him of his old job before he undertook his work here.

With a shake of his head, he removed the idea and turned towards the two, awaiting their decision. He could see Helskaya edging towards the Left. He hoped the shaman had a good idea of what they would be facing.

Examine Ceiling.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2012, 08:17:30 am »

Oh I thought I was following Taren. Let's bust in and bear them to death!

"Taren, I don't know what is there. I will come with you."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:12 am »

(Am I the only one who was hearing epic orchestral music at Apollo's action?)

"I agree, Taren, strange scents are to be avoided at all costs.  Speaking of which, this helmet stinks."
Keep following Taren, gunchucks at the ready to shoot the first hostile.  Also, if the first enemy I see is a ratman, wear the sergeant's helmet and try to convince them to back off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »

"Hey, I tried."
Following Remy, musket drawn he decides to follow their moves.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:33 pm »

"I don't want to get up"

Suddenly he notices that everyone has left without him, and he starts crying.
"WHY ARE YOU LEAVING WITHOUT ME I MIGHT GET KILLED"

Ratherio follows the rest.

Yay for bipolar Ratherio!

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Six
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2012, 02:19:27 am »

Huh. Why is it "Rule 34 strikes again"?))

((Because it strikes every time it defiles something new.))

((Perhaps you guys are even getting a turn today... e-er... it's not like I'm d-doing this for y-you or something... I just have a lot of time on my hands, that's all...!))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2012, 06:28:05 am »

((Perhaps you guys are even getting a turn today... e-er... it's not like I'm d-doing this for y-you or something... I just have a lot of time on my hands, that's all...!))
((lol. Tsundere. Lacking zetta ryouiki and pigtails for good measure though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29:55 am »

((lol. Tsundere. Lacking zetta ryouiki and pigtails for good measure though.))
((You did forget the small stature and the undeserved beatings.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:32 am »

((Not all the times. Tohsaka Rin, for an instance. Probably my favorite tsundere character ever, but she has an average height (for the japanese) and does not usually beat her romantic interest. She just tried to kill him once or twice.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2012, 07:48:58 am »

((Not all the times. Tohsaka Rin, for an instance. Probably my favorite tsundere character ever, but she has an average height (for the japanese) and does not usually beat her romantic interest. She just tried to kill him once or twice.))

((Okay, let's settle on a tendency of verbal and sometimes physical abuse.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »

Remember when I said there would be a turn today?

I lied.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

((Chicken hex.))
>Yes?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Explore the Dungeon! Turn Eight: White Feathers for Innocence
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2012, 06:18:34 am »

((But could a chicken do your RtD turns?))

Turn Eight: Black Feathers for Deepest Sin

Taren:
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

(1) "Er, umm, guys. We should go towards the right."
Silence. Hel appears to wait for you to do something. You start furiously examining the ceiling, uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Helskaya:

(2) You wait. Patiently. Some day, that Taren will do something.

Elenor:

(4) There's probably nothing left in this bureau. Time to pack up. Elenor walks back through the hallway calmly, trying to forget.
Arriving at the circular room, he spies a small crossbow... (5) surprisingly high quality. Must have belonged to a fellow adventurer once. It's certainly worth keeping, so you do so. And now, further on into the left hallway.
Arriving at the intersection, Elenor shows the mysterious paper around, but neither of the two can make heads or tails of it. Next up, the supply list, which Taren starts to intently examine, and finally the map shard. It does not appear to apply here, the intersection angle is all wrong. This expertise is agreed upon. But, what's with this stench... Elenor casts a vote to avoid it. Taren agrees, and so, the three of you set off to the right.

Remy:

(5) Making haste, Remy manages to catch the group just as it takes off, joining them in their exploration. After adjusting to the healthier pace of the three others, you try the helmet on for size... yup, still stinks. But fits like a glove, at least one that actually fits.

Apollo:

(1) Remy is too fast! You can't catch up!
"Hey! Remy! Please wait up!"
No reaction. And now, you're at this intersection, and have no idea where he... wait a minute. This stench... of course! Only his helmet could stink that bad!
Apollo sets off to the left.

Ratherio:

(6) Hmph. Everyone is going. At least you are alone now, precious time... alone... in a monster-infested dungeon... weakened... without a map...
Thankfully nobody heard Ratherio scream like a little girl, as even the baddest little necromancer has an ego, and a vulnerable one at that. But it would haunt him the following night, mocking him in his dreams. Either case, the suddenly not-exhausted-at-all Ratherio Houston clears through the hallways at remarkable pace, deciding for the left one on a whim, and scaring the much slower Apollo half to death on meeting, repairing his ego and using way too many participle clauses.

--

The following loot still remains, and nobody cares for it:

Worn shield x1
Wrecked scalemail x1

--

Apart from the way you came in, there is a locked door (now in substantially worse condition), and two other ways. It is to be assumed that the key is somewhere around in those two ways.

At the end of the right hallway, there is what appears to be a... ratman bureau?

Spoiler: Bureau (click to show/hide)

At the end of the left hallway, there is an Y intersection. A stench wafts in from the left way, the right one seems unremarkable.
At the end of that left arm of the Y, Apollo and Ratherio find... the bathroom. No wonder it stank to heavens! Grafitti is everywhere and the entire thing is as disgusting and broke-down as the average public restroom, if a bit more disorderly - random books and comics are all over the place. One of the stalls is occupied, and sometimes grunting noises are emanating from it. As does the stench. Someone is doing business, it seems.
Whereas, at the end of the right arm, the remaining party finds a T intersection. There is an indentation containing an angel statue in the wall opposite to where the party came in. The strange thing about the angel are the wings: The right wing is a normal angel wing, as you would expect it, but the left one is different, as if corrupted, coming apart and having some technology-ish things in it - piping, gears, wires... The angel's expression indicates sorrow. Around the indentation, there is yet more strange writing, indecipherable at a glance, as if part of a long-forgotten tongue.
Overall, the whole thing is totally misplaced in this ratman lair, down to the rock it is made of. Obviously, it is suspicious, as the faint tingle of adventurer senses throughout the party confirms.

Character sheets.

Helskaya Arkut (lawastooshort)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elenor Warsen (Caellath)

Apollo Anderson (Spinal_Taper)

Taren Creyn (Tiruin)

Ratherio Houston (borno)

Remy Maelle (Remaelle)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:41:55 am by Errol »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:14 am »

Taren Creyn

Cast {Nonsens} on the Angel. And every other unknown spell that I do not know the effect of at it

Proceed Left, where the Right angel wing is unless anything noteworthy happens.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2012, 06:51:04 am »

Elenor furrows his brow slightly behind the concealing helmet:

exactly eight ratmen, plus minus two more, dwell around here, plus something else which doesn't quite match up. Mysterious. Who eats the remaining food?
The second document is a map fragment. It doesn't really match up with anything encountered so far, showing an intersection of three ways in a T shape. At the upper left part, some red ink is to be seen. Is it part of a... circle?
"Gentlemen..." he calmly utters, his voice resounding inside the steel protection.
Once more point at the second document and at the large consumption of supplies by an unindentified source shown on the first document. Examine the angel and follow the group if they go somewhere afterwards.

Edit: Forgot to say it, but that link does not lead anywhere. Ohwai- just needs some erasing on the redundant parts.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:46:51 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58