Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271008 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2235 on: April 04, 2013, 03:46:25 pm »

Azastre takes a moment to stare at Ire but gives up on worrying lest his eye start to twitch. Again. And he's a bit tired.

Go to the dragon, try healing it by sacrificing 5 hp at first, 8 or more if necessary.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Stairs Fall, But Nobody Died
« Reply #2236 on: April 05, 2013, 06:13:13 am »

((Wait, if the staircase is currently crushing the dragon-like entity, wouldn't healing it have a negligible effect since it will still be pinned down and crushed by the stairs?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 05, 2013, 07:38:23 am »

((Wait, if the staircase is currently crushing the dragon-like entity, wouldn't healing it have a negligible effect since it will still be pinned down and crushed by the stairs?))
((That's why we pulled that lever. Despite the description noting rusted mechanisms, it's too far up for us to notice-- instead, we focused on the staircase going DOWN SO FAST to crush the dragon in it's spine. WHile my RL meta disagrees, my character doesn't know where it hit the dragon, nor what broke = meaning, spinal damage is permanent. Because nerves. End the pain quickly, I'd say.

And testing the lever, we think it'll pull the stairs back up. What else happens due to the possible roll, is either a morbid case of hilarity and gravity or a short respite from stairs on your spine. :P))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:26:21 am by Tiruin »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 05, 2013, 07:48:28 am »

((I meant pinned down and crushed again if it doesn't move by the time the lever is moved back down. Unless the diplomacy/healing works well enough to convince it to move away that is.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 05, 2013, 05:56:08 pm »

((I'm just glad it's still updating at all, Sky. Though more frequent would be nicer. :]))

"I suppose that answers that question."

Try to calm down the littler ones while everyone diplomacies and heals the big one. Train diplomacy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 06, 2013, 02:09:47 am »

((I'm just glad it's still updating at all, Sky. Though more frequent would be nicer. :]))
((This too :D

Because Sky Tower is real fun.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 06, 2013, 02:12:48 am »

(+1. It's one of the few RTDs I'm still in.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 06, 2013, 09:49:11 am »

(+1. It's one of the few RTDs I'm still in.)
((+1. Sky Tower is top-notch.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 06, 2013, 09:52:29 am »

((Since we're OOCing, IMO, Sky Tower deserves more votes then the usual in the Library >.>))
    Moreso than most other games like minimalists but I'm darned biased against them and blahblahblahbl-

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 06, 2013, 11:24:58 am »

"Errrrm. Sorry about that, I thought it was one o' them mean, angry fiery dragons instead. That said, I still want my treasure, so I'll help you the poor thing out."

Help Ire and the others out with healing the dragon. Hold staff high and train White Magic while doing so.

Spoiler: Roana Winds (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2245 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:05 am »

Ire 4 tries to push the lever, but it is stuck fast. Or maybe the stairs are just too heavy. 1 Her efforts are futile. It feels like she's pushing against the wall.

Ace 1 flails around, indecisive. He can't see anyone who's healing the dragon!

Rod 3,5,4 uses the pelt, railing, material, and mirror shards to create a Shimmering +1 Rabbit Fur Cloak. The shiny bits of metal and glass on it sparkle like no other cloak before. It can be worn over everything he has. :D The fine, blood-matted fur contrasts nicely with his other clothes, too. It has a handy buckle to tie it closer in case he needs it to not flap around as much. The cloak is also upgradable if he gets thicker leather. He can simply attach said leather to the underside of the cloak.

Ire tries healing, this time. 6->3,1,3 A diffuse glow imbues the creature, but it's still squished under the staircase. It shudders. The rest of the party are healed up to full if not there already.

Azastre looks at the dragon-thing. It's not wounded terribly, but it can't move. It's probably the staircase pressing on its back and spine. He looks at the stairs, welcoming and just beckoning for him to ascend higher.

Arianna 5+1  pats all the hatchlings and nearly gets a finger nipped off for her efforts, but it was a friendly nip. She thinks.

The hatchlings are calm now. 12 points to diplomacy.

Roana 3,1 notices that the dragon ain't being healed despite Ire's best efforts. She decides to just train white magic, and 3,6->4,3 gains 18 pt to White Magic Proficiency!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2246 on: April 12, 2013, 11:02:59 am »

Azastre decides that since healing isn't an option, then the lever or anything to take the stairs out of the dragon's back is the correct answer.

Try to help with the lever affair and if that doesn't work, search for another option that would retract the stairs back into the ceiling and off the dragon-thing.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:47 am »

(Did you miss my action, Sky? :C)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2248 on: April 12, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

"Need a hand, Ire?"

Help return the lever to the upright and locked position.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 12, 2013, 08:57:31 pm »

((I'm not sure how to respond, I think Sky missed SC's action -- understandable in all given that she's pressured by school as of now :P

Requesting Skyrunner modification soonish ;D))
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152