Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271428 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #1905 on: December 16, 2012, 06:00:06 am »

Ire sneaks up to Sir Kahn and tickles examines the battlefield - is there any objects the groups are fighting over? Are there any exits signifying some sort of special location? What kind of attack are both groups using, and is the area we're standing in narrow, or open? How big is it?

Also, lizard still present?

Anyway, try to find out a general direction where everyone is coming from, starting with the fire terracottas and if possible, going to the water, then third-party units.

These floors. Strange, all diverse, and yet unconnected. Is there a connection?

The start being a three-way passage. The second until sixth continuing. Then a draconian marketplace. Then some kind of cube-ish room with numerical figures resembling dice.

Then more. Then 'Zalgo' - why won't Azastre fix him :/ - then...err. This.

Are we all in one dimension?!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1906 on: December 16, 2012, 06:29:12 am »

Shadow's eyes flickered open, and he jumped up with a start as what felt like fire and ice prickled up his side to accumulate as a sharp pain in his eye, covering it with one hand he felt a a bit of blood trickled out. Wiping it away on his pants he stood up, and gathered is sword in hand before beginning the long climb up the tower to catch up. It took him so much longer to come back this time then it normally did, what a pain ...

~ A Little While Later ~

Kicking the dead spider Shadow chimed in,

"I see you've all been busy since I've been gone. You guys gonna need any help or can I just sit back and watch?

Grinning slightly Shadow put the sword back in its place, and turned his focus to drawing out some of the demon's power to use as his own.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:36:53 am by adwarf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: December 16, 2012, 09:41:11 pm »

Azastre just raises an eyebrow. He's simply baffled for never having figured that out even though it was so painfully obvious. He thanks Popo with an excess of stuttering and blushing before moving a bit away.

He also feels slightly better for some reason.

Azastre tries to raise his attack by training with some jabbing and punching the air.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:22 pm »

Train with the claymore. Keep an eye out for anything that might lead to the next floor or new crafting materials.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: December 17, 2012, 05:26:47 am »

"Thank you, you've been very helpful," Arianna smirked. "And as for this? I suppose it is a bit ungraceful, but it gets the job done. Made it myself, perhaps you could use some of your own?" She squeezed the Terracotta a bit to emphasize her point before releasing her. She'd answered her questions satisfactorily.

With that, she began scanning around for another target. She still needed to ask someone if they'd seen any stairs around here... ah. The Waters would be just as useful for that, wouldn't they?

"Excuse me," she said to the least-busy-looking Terracotta- Water or otherwise- she could find, "but have you seen any stairs up around here?"

Find any Terracotta that isn't busy and ask about stairs. Train diplomacy?

Also see about getting experience to something for all that interrogation.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1910 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:27 am »

Ace 6->2+2 "No." The Water girl pivots on a booted foot and walks away. Well, that could have gone worse.

Kahn 3 looks around, but there are no Fire Terracottas he can see that aren't tied up or otherwise unable to be laid waste to. 3 Feeling lost and purposeless, Kahn sits on the floor, then quickly stands up again as the ice dragon lizard snake reptile thing lays its slitted eyes on him. The ice lizard flicks its tongue, coming closer, and settles next to where Kahn just sat.

Ire 5

The area is a largish cavern with roughly cut walls and a gritty floor. There are three corridors leading off it, one to the stairs to floor 15, one to what is presumably the Blues' quarters — the reinforcements all came from there — and one to where the Fires came from. Though both groups aren't fighting anymore, it came down to both sides shooting spells at each other, drawing circles with shapes in them in the air, until either side ran away.

The lizard is sitting next to Kahn.

Shadow 2-1 is unable to draw any of the demon's power out. Shadow thinks he might need a sacrifice to use, live or dead.

Azastre 3,5,2= 9 pt to Enhanced Attack. He totally takes down his imaginary foe, but the foe gave him the slip and landed a clean imaginary straight. Ow, that hurt.

Rod 5,4,3=18 pt to Two-handed Swords.
Rod swings his light-feeling (but still heavy) claymore around like a madman and gains a lot of experience in the balance of it.

Arianna 3 doesn't find any Waters who seem not-busy. She gets 20 retroactive Diplomacy experience for all that interrogation.

1 Not one to give up easily, she grabs the arm of a passing Water and gets hit with a snowball in retaliation. The girl huffs and glares at Arianna before heading off, still casting suspicious glances at her. 1 dmg taken.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:18 am »

Practice my swordsmanship

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: December 19, 2012, 11:11:08 am »

Azastre rubs his (face) cheek for a while while trying to fathom how an imaginary foe was able to punch him so well before shrugging and moving on to search for a way out of the current floor. Onwards!

Oh wait. And how would his other companions be faring?

Azastre checks on Zalgo, Bremen, Juha & Co before trying to search for a way to the next level, and if one is found, he ascends.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: December 19, 2012, 01:58:13 pm »

Kahn attempts to train frost resistance by petting the lizard.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: December 19, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »

Ace frowned. Well, you win some, you lose some!

Find another Terracotta, ask if there's ever been any progress in their war. Of course, also flirt with her.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: December 20, 2012, 02:46:50 am »

What are you thinking.

I know what you're looking at.

Him?

Yeah.

Tame the lizard from Stealth!

Ire turned her head sideways at the sound of a deep and melancholic voice. Shadow was back.

Oh this is going to be such fun!
Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: December 20, 2012, 06:45:17 am »

Arianna shook off the snowball, then glanced at Kahn. That seemed like a good idea...

Attempt to train frost resistance by petting lizard. Also letting it gnaw gently on me, if it's so inclined.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: December 20, 2012, 09:55:06 am »

Attempt to train frost resistance by petting lizard. Also letting it gnaw gently on me, if it's so inclined.
((My mental eye sees the lizard with a :3 with Arianna playfully being chewed upon by its...lips.

I don't know much of lizard anatomy to even know if it has teeth O_o))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: December 20, 2012, 10:11:27 am »

((Of course lizards have teeth. :P

...don't they? I guess maybe they just have hard ridge-lips or something, but I'm pretty sure they have teeth...

Also, apparently lizards are fairly diverse, as they're essentially defined as "not snakes," so I guess some could have them while others don't.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 21, 2012, 12:58:23 pm »

Continue to train with the claymore.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 152