Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271406 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1500 on: September 14, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »

Arianna pet her grosling, pleased that he could get a meal without any adverse side effects.

She then turned her attention to the cham again. On the one hand, she didn't want to encourage any sort of addiction or other side effects. On the other, she had felt great after eating some. Hrm...

Try eating the seedless cham. See if there's any noticeable effects.

Train dodging.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 15, 2012, 02:05:15 am »

"That was an invisible mage that did that, not me!"
Train Diplomacy

Spoiler: Jack Dendy (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1502 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:23 am »

Kahn glared at the woman. "In that case, I'm afraid I really must insist." He took a glove from his pocket and slapped the dragonoid with it, then threw it to the ground. "The gauntlet has been cast, sir. My terms are thus: you and I duel for first blood. Should you win, I will return the tables. If I win, we will be allowed safe passage." He raised his spear and stepped back, bracing himself for a charge and setting his weapon.

Ire was interested in this fight of palms, was this customary where the Knight lived?

"This will be exciting, isn't the line 'The glove has been cast?' Because I've a gauntlet here that you could hit him again with."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 15, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »

"Thank you, Lady Ire, but it will not be necessary. An honorable man should be slapped only once with the challenge," Kahn replied, giving her a quick smile before focusing on the dragonoid once more.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1504 on: September 16, 2012, 08:50:18 am »

Ace 5 tugs Sandra to her feet. She giggles and starts dancing with him, to the nicely appropriate waltz music.

3 He surveys the room. There is a single large doorway, the one he came in, then a spirally staircase behind the orchestra. His allies are mostly over there, talking with the group of people there.

5 He spots a slowly spreading cloud of purple fumes, originating from Popo's cauldron. She looks flustered, and is trying to cover the cauldron. A number of bouncer-like people are headed towards her, weaving between the chairs and tables.

Azastre 3 asks Popo for an antidote again. She pouts and says, "I just gave you one! It cures p- Oh, wait, cure, not just ... Erm..." She blushes and turns to her cauldron. "Uh... just add the tears of an aqueous reptile to the wings of a volcano-fly..." She throws a pair of ingredients into the pot, and turns around. "Here, perfect!" Behind her, a big purple cloud starts fuming from the liquid inside.

"...Oops?"

A number of guards stand up from tables far away and start heading towards Popo and Azastre. She tries to douse the flames, but the reaction is apparently now self-sustaining.

Kahn
The dragonoid growls.

"Suchh quaint ritualszz you mammals haf, why dyant use words?

"I szay that only you and your mate khan pass by you winning a duel.
"

A man pushes his way out, and shouts, "Let me fight him! If he thinks he can push through with sheer force, I will put him down!"

((Return the tables? :P Master thief Kahn!))

Rod eyes the bearded man warily. The man crosses his arms, a hint of a smile appearing on his face.

"I am Bremen, boy. You may call me... Bremen."
He introduces himself in a deep, baritone voice.

Ire 5 2 Ire charges healing energy into her little chaser.

It shrinks and disappears again. D:

Arianna noms the seedless cham. She feels... relieved, somehow, and also focused and clear-headed.

2: 6->3 On the other hand, by the time she snaps out of her thinking, she finds that her hands are on Gretel's cheeks, tugging them and cooing "Cute girl, cute cute cute cute~"

Gretel raises an eyebrow, then lowers both of them, then looks murderous.

This might count as a noticeable effect, no?  :3

Jack 5 "An invisible mage did it!"
The girl with the wild black hair frowns, and says, "No, I saw you do-"
"An invisible mage did it."
"But-"
"AN INVISIBLE MAGE DID IT."

She is looking confused now.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 16, 2012, 08:55:41 am »

"Go Sire Kahn! I'll just...fix this."

Summon that Orange Star Chaser again!

Practice Spellcraft! Summon that Orange Star Chaser! D:

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1506 on: September 16, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

(Agh, what a place to forget a word. >.<)

Kahn blinked. Well, if claiming Ire was his mate would get her through, he'd play along. He looked at the man trying to force his way in. "This is a matter of honor, sir. I did not challenge you. Why do you wish to interfere?"

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 16, 2012, 02:09:27 pm »

"So then, Bremen, who are you? What reason do you have for trapping people here in a web of pleasure?"

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:56:29 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 16, 2012, 02:17:01 pm »

Azastre is a bit surprised when Arianna rushes to Gretel and starts to commit polearm-assisted suicide. Even if he would be prone to helping her, bouncers start to move towards Popo, and Azastre's objectives are clear.

Azastre protects Popo and the antidote from the bouncers if they prove to be aggressive.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:36 pm »

Arianna smiled politely, removing her hands from Gretel's cheeks.

"It might interest you to know that the cham has some very interesting properties," she said, still smiling in the hopes of avoiding a beating. "For instance, eating it gave me an impulse to pinch your cheeks because you're so cute. Eating some with the seeds removed then seems to have bypassed the conscious decisionmaking portion of that urge. Isn't that fascinating?"

She smiled wider, hoping Gretel would be impressed, or at least understanding.

Diplomacy Gretel. If she starts beating me use the opportunity to train Dodging.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 16, 2012, 02:40:22 pm »

((@IronyOwl: You are so dead. :3))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 16, 2012, 04:45:47 pm »

"Oh cra-. Excuse me for a moment, Sandra."

Ace goes to help Azastre protect the cure from the bouncer dudes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:09 pm »

((@IronyOwl: You are so dead. :3))
((At least she admitted that Gretel is cute. That's honest of her :D))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1513 on: September 20, 2012, 12:22:49 am »

Ire 1 bats at Kahn's beard and makes "rawr" sounds.

Kahn 3 The man stays silent.

The dragonoid gently prods him aside and steps up to Kahn.

"Let us fight!"

He extends himself to his full height, nearly two meters, and shouts his challenge.

Rod 1
"So then, Bremen, who are you? Because-"

He suddenly has an absolutely magnificently brilliant idea, much better than talking to a boring man, so he whirls and catches on of the passing servers, and says in a deep voice,

"You should be my firewoman to take care of my...fire."

The waitress kicks Rod between his legs. Rod falls over. At least his codpiece deflected some of the damage. :c

Azastre 3 tries to look aggressive at the bouncers, but they are unfazed.

One comes within striking distance.
5 Azastre taps a bouncer on the head with the femur kanabo.

1 + 3 + 4 vs 1 + 3 + 3
= 1 damage
The bouncer only takes 1 damage, but suddenly his knees pop and splinter as he is forced into the ground.

4+4= 8 damage given. The bouncer falls unconscious and flat on his face.

Behind him, Popo throws a handful of black dust into the face of a closeby bouncer. The man looks confused, then disorientated, then in pain.

4 damage

Suddenly, Arianna appears right behind him and pulls him to her, her eyes looking blank. She bites Azastre's ear. Hands all over! D:

Arianna 6->4 gives Gretel a very reasonable explanation. Gretel seems to have the slightest of blushes at the word "cute". It also could have been only Arianna's mistake, because she then took a blow to the head. 3 damage She feels dizzy.
Spoiler: :D (click to show/hide)

"Go save Popo or something."
Gretel pivots and stabs a tux-wearing guard that is loitering nearby with her pole. The man lets out an "oof" sound before being bludgeoned again.

+4 to Diplomacy

1 Arianna suddenly feels more dizzy, and blacks out ...

...and when she recovers consciousness, she finds herself nibbling on Azastre's ears and ... groping him fiercely. D:

Ace 6->6->1

"No!" She clings onto him and, with surprising (or not so surprising, considering she's a swordsman) strength, prevents him from getting up. When he struggles, she punches him in the arm again for 4 + 2 = 6 damage. "Stay with me. Only me."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 20, 2012, 12:31:44 am »

Summon that Orange Star Chaser again!

Practice Spellcraft! Summon that Orange Star Chaser!

Watch the fight with awe.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 152