Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 270997 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 8
« Reply #765 on: June 14, 2012, 11:01:41 pm »

((Done, I did not want to spend too much time on a chibi drawing or my perfectionism would poke me until I made it perfect within the contraints of my current skill level. Well, at the very least I spent more time on this one than on Azastre.))
Spoiler: Sir Kahn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:11:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 14, 2012, 11:15:01 pm »

((Man, that looks exactly like a chibi Mongol. Except in some sort of martial arts outfit.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 14, 2012, 11:20:41 pm »

((Man, that looks exactly like a chibi Mongol. Except in some sort of martial arts outfit.))
((Blame SeriousConcentrate. He was the one who said Kahn is supposed to look like Khan. Also, that clothing is a loose reproduction of what they used. You know, when they weren't wearing steel armor. I thought it would be more interesting than a simple leather armor.

Although I did draw the leather armor underneath it.

Edit: Also, hurr durr. I messed up with how loose was my interpretation of mongol clothing supposed to be. Also, the spear is kind of strange due to my laziness in searching for a better description than the first one I found.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:27:36 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 15, 2012, 12:46:05 am »

(Actually that fucking rules, dude, that's awesome. :D I'm going to put it in my character sheet starting next turn. :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: an RTD :: Floor 8
« Reply #769 on: June 15, 2012, 01:57:04 am »

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Continue throwing any pointy thing in reach at goblins who refuse to surrender.

Then look for any stairwells or doorways.

"Don't monologue in battle!"

(Actually that fucking rules, dude, that's awesome. :D I'm going to put it in my character sheet starting next turn. :D)
(For the art!  :D)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #770 on: June 15, 2012, 11:15:45 am »

Azastre removes the wing portion of the armor and flings it into the air!

Kestrel doesn't like to fly and flops to the ground, because kestrels are active at dawn and dusk, and sleep the rest of the day. o_O
Maybe some magic is in order.

Azastre also retroactively gains 6 points towards Armorcrafting!
Azastre, with a sudden flash of understanding, learns:
Kestrel
Male
10/10 HP
2 Attack
2 Defense
+1 Leather Armor

Azastre blinks and picks kestrel up again.

Arianna trains armorcrafting. Sacrificing ... feathers?  Arianna uses some feathers and creates 1,2,1 a triangle piece! She doesn't suppose it would be much use as armor. +2 to Armorcrafting.

Kahn rips the leather off using sheer force of will!

3,2,3 He creates a shabby leather cloak of goblinhide. +.5 to defense, 50% chance of becoming a +0 goblinhide on hit.

Ace backstabs all of the goblins except one!

4,6,6 They slump to the ground, spasming. The last goblin, Ace threatens him. 2 He doesn't like it and tries to stab Ace-

Azastre fires a +1/+4 bullet:
5+3+2 vs 6->1+5 The first stage fails to penetrate, and the second stage goes off:
5+2+14 vs 4+5
12 damage and the goblin asplodes.

Jack attempts to skin one of the freshly dead goblins with a sharp stone.

4 He gains a set of goblin leather!

Rod ditto.

5 Rod gains lots of meat chunks!

Ire sees the goblins and kobolds break and run out the windows.

Hrm...

She sees there is a shiny engraved encrusted decorated stone lever near the middle of the room, by which Sir Kahn is lounging.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 15, 2012, 11:20:28 am »

((Nice one Azastre. Pro Animal Tamer!  :D))

"Bullets...explode?!"

"Sire Kahn, check that lever over on your side. I'll just gather loot for later on, if anyone needs."

Then begin training Projectile Throwing I. This time without any specific organic targets, and get that dagger out of that goblin!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: an RTD :: Floor 7
« Reply #772 on: June 15, 2012, 11:23:38 am »

Sir Kahn throws the lever, then attempts to refine his cloak to remove the breaking chance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 15, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

((Oh? Does that mean I could get leatherworking xp for those goblin clothes?))

Examine room. Train Dodging.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 15, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »

"Bullets...explode?!"
((It is not exactly a bullet, you see. The weapon it is based on uses a 15.2mm round used to destroy light armored vehicles, such as APCs. The projectile contains a fragmentation system and has been verified to penetrate 40mm of RH armor at distances around one kilometer...Nevermind. It is more than enough to asplode a goblin.))

There is a low metallic sound as the AMR's barrel and bolt recoil a few centimeters as it shoots, after which the bolt is unlocked and held while the barrel is returned to battery. The bolt is released, collecting a new cartridge from the magazine and chambering it, locking into the barrel by a rotary motion. The blue-haired boy nods with satisfaction as he finally makes himself useful and slungs the weapon across his back.

Azastre watches the kestrel for a while, trying to decipher the ways of his feathery friend. If it happens to be a hunter adapted to the night, how could it act inside the tower, which was usually brightly lit?

Azastre tries to find a way of enhancing the falcon. At least in such a way he'll need to sleep for smaller amounts of time.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:53:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 15, 2012, 04:03:10 pm »

So, I got curious and made a table of everyone's relevant stats (as far as I could tell).

Spoiler: Table (click to show/hide)

As you can see, there's no particularly spectacular insights to be had, but it does display some information more conveniently. For instance, we can see that weapons are a lot more popular than armor, that a lot of people's primary weapon is thrown or a gun, and that Jack and Ace are most definitely the glass cannons of the group.

So, yeah. Interesting but pointless, I suppose.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 15, 2012, 04:28:42 pm »

((So Kahn would be our Bruiser. He has high HP and attack. And Azastre is a frail-looking child who looks like roughly like a 14-15 very not-manly kid whose HP is the highest.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 15, 2012, 04:31:13 pm »

Ace sighed, then checked to see if he was still in one piece. Noticing that he was indeed still OK, he smiled.
"Thanks Azastre. Saved my ass. Hate to be stabbed or something."
He said, before skinning a goblin, tanning it, then making a leather jacket out of it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:38:04 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 15, 2012, 05:29:06 pm »

((So Kahn would be our Bruiser. He has high HP and attack. And Azastre is a frail-looking child who looks like roughly like a 14-15 very not-manly kid whose HP is the highest.))
((Yeah, I was actually surprised to notice Kahn is probably the strongest one here. Especially after he nearly died provoking opportunity attacks. :P

I also thought it was interesting that Ace can one-shot himself on a really good roll using his best stuff, and that he and Jack are the only ones who can manage that.

Also Spinal, I wouldn't recommend using the table for your charsheet. I only listed the bare essentials for combat; it doesn't include all of your inventory, for instance.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 15, 2012, 07:35:46 pm »

((Yeah, I was actually surprised to notice Kahn is probably the strongest one here. Especially after he nearly died provoking opportunity attacks. :P

I also thought it was interesting that Ace can one-shot himself on a really good roll using his best stuff, and that he and Jack are the only ones who can manage that.

Also Spinal, I wouldn't recommend using the table for your charsheet. I only listed the bare essentials for combat; it doesn't include all of your inventory, for instance.))
((I was just noticing how pretty it was.))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 152