Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271084 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: an RTD :: Floor 6 :: One spot open.
« Reply #405 on: May 16, 2012, 11:19:45 pm »

Rod loots the metal like a proper adventurer.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2012, 11:53:13 pm »

Having difficulty getting a feel for this game, but there seems to be gems and strange inventory items everywhere, so that's a good sign. :3

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2012, 10:49:36 am »

((I'm actually really enjoying this mechanic where we improve our gear by randomly slapping on the stuff that we tear out of the scenery.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2012, 10:56:28 am »

((I'm actually really enjoying this mechanic where we improve our gear by randomly slapping on the stuff that we tear out of the scenery.))
((Seconded.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2012, 11:24:42 am »

((Seconded.))
((Third. I'm suprised less people aren't ripping the golems to shreds.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2012, 01:03:58 pm »

((Seconded.))
((Fourth'd.

We are adventurers. We improvise. We add on details on our armor just like in DF, but it makes sense here. Because...shinies. Yeah. Perfect Sense.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2012, 02:08:22 pm »

((Seconded.))
((Fourth'd.

We are adventurers. We improvise. We add on details on our armor just like in DF, but it makes sense here. Because...shinies. Yeah. Perfect Sense.))
((A wizard did it.))

Kahn

Rest, rest, rest, rest your poor, battered, tired, and almost dead body~

2+6->5+5+1 = 19 HP healed.

You manage to easily stanch your bleeding and induce rapid healing. Having nothing else to do, you just sit there for a while.

Ace, Rod, Azastre
The three coordinate their efforts and give a mighty heave!

1 Ace fails to help, slipping and landing backwards in the dust! A cloud of it spews everywhere.

6 = +2 bonus Azastre uses his brain and finds the best place to tug in order to help Rod and does so!

2+2 Rod, with the help of Azastre and the good-intentioned-but-not-help of Ace, separates the framework from the sifting sands of the golem.

The framework looks like the timbers of, say, a barn, except that it's made of a shiny blue-tinged metal, either adamantium (doubtful, especially since it's heavy) or mithril. And it's not even timbers either. Each wire segment is a quarter as thick as a man's arm. Although half of the metal is still buried, the exposed sections look like they could make a couple weapons or even a set of plate armor.

Ire

5,1,2 = 0 pt You can't codify just how you did that. :(

However, you may try again as long as you sacrifice one point of your attributes, ie either 5 HP, or 1 Attack; other methods would be sacrificing expensive magic items you might find later. You can also try again when you reach any prime-numbered floor :3

Jack
You follow Ire upstairs. Description.

Arianna

Welcome to the tower.

You wake up on top of a small triangle which is part of a twenty-sided polyhedron. Although you can see a man and a woman looking around the room from the stairs at the far side, you realize they can't see you. The transparent green surface feels very warm but also cool at the same time. You are bathed in a blue aura.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2012, 02:16:30 pm »

Azastre Ferrusleo's eyes shine even brighter. Blue-tinged highly resilient metal.

Azastre loots the metal, dividing it in equal parts among the looters. He helps Ace extract the rest of the metal after "pocketing" his own share, and afterwards he tries to make an Anti-Material Rifle with the metal. With a railgun mechanism. Somehow. Afterwards, he tries to create dual-stage bullets from the quartzes and any other gems he might find around the stairs.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:43:05 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »

See if I can harness or identify whatever magic is presumably causing this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2012, 02:21:36 pm »

((D:

I retcon learning said spell in favor of...losing 1 attack! 5 Health is just killing me  :P))
Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Search for the Stairs.

Then train up my Attack while calling for the others to get back up here!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »

Kahn examines all the polyhedrons in the room, then attempts to turn the six-sided one so the five is at the top. Just to see what happens.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »

Try and magically move one of the pyramids. Also, grab some metals.

Spoiler: Jack Dendy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:57:43 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2012, 04:33:09 pm »

"My god... Is this Mithril? Amazing." Ace says.

He then takes his share of the metal, forms a dagger, a revolver and some ammo. Then he tries to pull the rest of the metal out. ((In that order))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 17, 2012, 08:37:34 pm »

"My word, this is amazing!"

Rod attempts to craft a claymore. A magical claymore.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2012, 09:58:52 pm »

Azastre

4,4,3 You create an elongated railgun-antimatter-rifle, which is supposedly common in the other world above the skies and the Middle Ocean.

You also create 1 no bullets. :(

Arianna

First thing you do, is multiply your HP by 5 for 15 HP.

1,4,4=0 You gain no knowledge.

If you sacrifice either 5 Hp or 1 Attack, you might be able to gain some of it.

Ire

Ire removes 1 attack and attempts to learn the spell again.

4,3,6->4=80 pt With a flash of knowledge, you feel yourself become weaker but also learning a Magic Spell: Field Healing.

4,1,5=30 pt You train 30 points towards Enhanced Attack.

Kahn

4 The polyhedrons give you an eerie feeling, like they are of extreme importance. You somehow feel yourself being forced to the ground, and through extreme will you struggle to the six-sided one and turn the five to the top. It lightly floats like it has no weight.

Nothing happens.

Jack

You grab some mithril.

Also, you just turn a pyramid. No need to use magic for that. You push on the pyramid and it floats backwards.

Ace

1 DAGGERFAIL! You lose the materials.
4 +4 Panning mithril revolver : You can choose to sacrifice 1 HP and shoot an additional life-force bullet after a regular shot.
Azastre has already pulled the metal out. You pick up your share.

Rod

6->4 You somehow make a sharp blade from hard metal.

It is a two-handed sword, with a long long blade and a long handle. It has thin but elegant crossguards and a pommel cannibalized from your warhammer.

Gain : +3 Revolver Mithril Claymore - You can teleport a short distance after you attack if you sacrifice 1 HP. You can also recall the sword from anywhere with just a thought.

void

null

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 152