Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 270985 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Stairs Fall, But Nobody Died
« Reply #2250 on: April 17, 2013, 02:28:42 am »

((I was also waiting on SC's action, but I guess Sky hasn't checked the thread recently, or figures it's close enough to a new update to not bother.))

Help push the stairs off the biggest not-dragon.

If Kahn's already done that via lever, just train swords.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:02:38 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2251 on: April 17, 2013, 02:38:00 am »

(Eh, I'll just repeat it.)

"Oh, good lord." Kahn sighed and went over to the lever, throwing it back into the UP position to get it off of the winged creature. Then he immediately runs back over to the creature to pet its snout and try to calm it down as someone else healed it.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Stairs Fall, But Nobody Died
« Reply #2252 on: April 17, 2013, 03:10:24 am »

((Oh right, I forgot you could just throw the lever. >_>

By the way, Sky, do you have any preferences for how we organize our stats? I've been thinking about maybe recording things differently, like possibly listing all my possible defense modifiers on one line, but I'm not sure what you'd find most convenient.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Kahn 1 tugs on the lever. It doesn't budge, so he tugs on it harder. With a sharp screech, the lever breaks off into his hand. He looks at the long, thin, dull metal stick. The end of it is cleanly sheared off, telling Kahn that the lever already had a past history of much abuse in the same direction.

5 The rest of the mechanism is still intact, but it's doubtful whether he'll be able to activate the lever again. The creature shifts, in a futile struggle against gravity, and roars. 5 With a painfully slow speed of movement, it makes space between the floor and its breastbones by 'crouching' with its wing-arms and its legs. The stairs creak as they shift upwards.

Azastre 3 Perhaps Azastre could  ... blast the stairs with his acceleration gloves. 1 Thinking it to be a theoretically perfect plan, he heads over to the stairs and pushes at the bottom with his palms. With a wooshing sound, the stairs are accelerated upwards by a centimeter or so and come smacking back down on the dragon. Also, he bumps his nose on the railings as they move.

Rod glances at the upright-but-not-locked-nor-actually-attached-to-the-lever's-base-lever in Kahn's hand. Oh well. 5 Maybe a bigger, better, longer lever could be reattached, or welded maybe, to the base of the lever mechanism. Then again, if the metal is iron like the current (or rather ex-)lever is, it wouldn't be any much better. Choices, choices.

Arianna Well, Kahn's already done with that lever, in a certain usage of the phrase, so she swings her sword around in an effort to train. 2 She accidentally hits the ground with the sword, then the wall with her elbow. She flops onto the ground, only haven gained 2 pt to Sword.

Popo looks around, pipes up, "If none of you sirs are headed up, Popo's going ahead." Gretel hops onto Popo's broomstick as if to punctuate what she said.

In the corner of the room, Lizard swats at a small insect that scuttles across the breadth of the floor.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:12:09 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 18, 2013, 09:42:58 am »

"This... I have no words. And not because I was raised by a barbarian, for once."

Train Two-Handwed Sword Skills.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:25 am »

Since he had no other plan in mind, Kahn runs over to the stairs and tries to lift them up just enough for the creature to get out from under them. If successful and the creature does evacuate, he quickly drops it so as not to crush his fingers.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:58:59 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2256 on: April 18, 2013, 10:56:51 am »

((Note: I said search, not act on it. On one side, roll of one, on the other I hadn't said to act on it hence the ill effects could be limited to Azastre. Also had forgotten to update HP.))

Azastre decides the world is ******g with him.

Provide assistance to Kahn.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — Pact of the Terrestrial Day
« Reply #2257 on: April 19, 2013, 03:16:28 am »

Search room for treasure. Try to figure out if the not-dragons would mind me taking it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2258 on: April 19, 2013, 09:10:44 am »

(and of course I can't use the pc Today Dx

Tomorow! People, get yer actions in! :3)

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2259 on: April 20, 2013, 03:51:03 am »

Rod 2,2,6->2 gains 3 points to Two-handed Sword. 6->6->3,1,2 Rod feels a shivering sense of unease and foreboding. 1 Over the faint echoes of the wind rushing over the Tower's surface a faint sputtering and coughing can be heard. It's visibly becoming brighter outside. The wispy clouds reveal themselves, like sugar strewn across the thin blue canvas of the sky. There's a shadow in the clouds, something moving towards the windows of the Tower. It has a hat that spins around, a metallic brown body, and is shaking like crazy. There are five of them, flying in a V formation towards Rod.

Azastre and Kahn 5,6->6->1 successfully raise the stairs just enough for the dragon-like creature to get out. It darts out, tail whipping. Kahn is smacked in his lower body, being in the way, and takes 6->5 - 4= 7 damage. He hangs on until it gets out, then lets go of the stairs along with Azastre and dives away before gravity takes its revenge on him. The huge, heavy set of stairs rattles and falls the meter or two to the ground. It slams into the tiled floor and crunches some coins.

Arianna 4,5,5 swipes a few gold coins while the dragon is escaping. She jerks her hand back just as Azastre lets go of the heavy rock thing he was holding. Her reasoning is that the dragon won't be able to find those coins anyways, so no harm taking a few, eh? 5 She gains five thin golden coins, with the number '9' written on each one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 20, 2013, 04:05:18 am »

(Worth it. :P)

Kahn went over to the creature and attempted to make nice and calm it down once more, training Charisma as he did so.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 20, 2013, 04:43:14 am »

Arianna glanced at the figures approaching from the window, then at Kahn, hand going to her sword. She didn't like the look of them.

"I take it this means we're staying a bit longer?" she asked, turning back to the mechanical fliers with a serious expression.

Train swords. Watch strange flying things approaching Rod.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 20, 2013, 04:54:55 am »

"She's wounded and can't defend her young. You don't have to, but I will stay and fight for them should it be necessary. It is the honorable, no, the proper thing to do."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 20, 2013, 08:19:55 am »

(and of course I can't use the pc Today Dx

Tomorow! People, get yer actions in! :3)
((Grumble at being missed out :I))

Ire stood up from her slump against the lever, now composed and readied. She opened her mouth unconsciously to speak, but then wondered on how dragons even communicated. The others also meant well -- Azastre, at least. The new person too, though she didn't know what intention the white cloak had.

Try to appease the dragon. Train Animal Training perhaps? Anyway, just diplomacy the Dragon in any intuitive way possible

Lizard: Introduce self to dragon in friendly way.

"I'm with you, kind Sir."

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18
« Reply #2264 on: April 20, 2013, 08:38:10 am »

Azastre prepares for Mortal Kombat against the flying things.

Wait and see.
Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152