Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271090 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2055 on: February 02, 2013, 07:26:57 am »

Ace 4 "Well, it's hard to show you myself, because drawing a shape often makes it happen ... Besides, men are worse at it than women. And not everyone is able to use it."

4  Ace doesn't see any crystals on the stairs. Does he mean the transparent slabs of what are probably crystal that make up the floor? It's possible removing one could make the whole floor fall apart.

Arianna 4 "Passing light through thin slits and projecting them on a screen causes unexpected patterns of dark and light to appear," says the rabbit sagely. Hmm. It doesn't look as mad as its brethren at the moment.

Azastre 1 looks aghast as the vaguely bullet-shaped bullet lodges in his gun and refuses to load. His loading device is stuck. On the other hand, he heads over to a dead rabbit and confirms that it has fur. 5 He gets one large rabbit pelt.

Shadow 4+3+4 vs 3
= 8 dmg swings at a rabbit and cuts into its side. The rabbit screams and rakes him, 5 vs 2 dealing 3 dmg. It pushes Shadow's sword out of itself and steps back.

Rod 6->3+4+2+7 vs 6->6->5 5 dmg
swings his claymore and cuts a large piece of rabbit off the rabbit. It stumbles, but attacks him with a clenched paw, 4+2 vs 1+2 3 dmg is dealt, bumping off his head. He kicks the rabbit away and gets ready for another attack.

Kahn 3+10+2+1 vs 4
12 dmg pierces through another rabbit's guts, and kills it quickly. He looks around, seeing most of his partymates in combat and not having the state of mind to reply to him.

Gretel, for example, is brutalizing a rabbit with her spiked mace-turned-pole, and Zalgo, Juha and Azastre's robot are staying close to the stairs and away from danger.

Dark shapes, shadowed and growing larger, start to appear on the glass wall cutting across the room.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #2056 on: February 02, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »

"Aye, Kahn, if we have any choice in it."

Attack the rabbit again. If it dies, take the pelt. In either case, run upstairs.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:52:15 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 02, 2013, 04:30:16 pm »

Kahn skinned the rabbit. "I think that killing these is causing that," he said, indicating the shapes on the wall as he took the pelt. "So... I'm just going to move on upstairs, now. Just in case." And so he went for the stairs leading up...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 02, 2013, 05:18:46 pm »

Jumping back away from the rabbits Shadow says, "I'm with that knight fellow, anyone who wants to live up the stairs!"

With that Shadow does one last slash and darts for & up the stairs.

[/quote]

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: February 03, 2013, 09:35:20 am »

Azastre gets the rabbit pelt, shrugs and moves on.

Azastre moves on to the next level with robot, Juha, Zalgo & Co.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 03, 2013, 11:28:47 pm »

"...and is that what's causing that?" Arianna asked, lowering her sword a bit and gesturing with it to the central mirror.

Diplomacy rabbit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 04, 2013, 04:46:32 am »

Ire took the time to ponder on what kind of floor this was as she watched the others do their work, and hear the lizard munch on its nice, math-spouting treat.

Its like a student, or at least a scholar's worst nightmare. A dream, back in the days of schooling.

She sighed as memories of the past flooded in, thoughts of longing for a formal education and not a life on the streets.

Killing these things aren't going to help. More seem to be coming. And the rest are all for the stairs.

It can't be that easy, can it? No, Arianna is staying behind.

Might as well accompany her.

And all I have left is a lizard.

Let the lizard do as it wants. Preferably name it Snowy and ensure it can hear me call it that.

Skin and clean a dead rabbit and try to fashion a cloak or a wearable coat out of it. For that one boy, you know?

Examine glass wall. Move over near Arianna.

"Has anyone seen Popo?"

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: February 04, 2013, 12:44:18 pm »

Hang around, play atround with the wand and crystal.
"Hey, Arianna? Can I have my gear back?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: February 05, 2013, 01:34:18 am »

"Yes, but why did you give me the crystal in the first place? I assume the revolver was for warmth."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2064 on: February 05, 2013, 09:13:15 am »

Rod 2 swings-and-misses at the rabbit. He immediately aborts and runs towards the stairs, 1
 6->4 vs 4+2+1
3 dmg

but the rabbit stretches its paw and claws the back of Rod's back, ripping into his armor and dealing 3 damage to him. It hisses, "Light emitted by electrons falling to ground state is restricted to certain wavelengths!

Kahn 4 easily gets a large rabbit pelt. He heads towards the stairs, and starts stepping up it... then bumps head-on to the glass wall. He rubs his head sheepishly.

Shadow 6->4+3+4 vs 1
16 dmg is dealt by his clean slash, and he feels ticklish as the soul of the rabbit enters the demon (currently residing in his left arm).

The rabbit's beheaded corpse crumples to the ground. 1 He darts towards the stairs and crashes into Kahn.

Azastre 5 watches Kahn, and then Shadow bump into stuff and doesn't run to the stairs. He does instruct his robot to move to the base of the stairs. Juha tags along and asks, "Wha.. What's going on? What are these weird ... things... doing? " She doesn't seem very scared, though.

Arianna 1 As Arianna gestures, the rabbit suddenly sharpens its gaze, and 1 it flails a bit, before flopping to the ground.

Ire 4 watches the lizard charge over a pair of rabbits and break a couple bones with important names and even more important functions. It growls and grinds a foot into a rabbit.

1 She tries skinning a rabbit, but ruins it. Still, she gets a lot of fur.

4 There are more shadowy and bright figures approaching the wall than before. They slowly step towards Ire's side of the mirror from far away, sliding closer and closer...

4 As she steps towards Arianna, she notes Popo talking with a rabbit spiritedly, saying,

"I'm telling you, Mr. Rabbit, I actually measured the speed and the position of a whatchacallit at the same time! It was right here and moving this fast!"

The rabbit chokes out a reply, looking confused. It weakly waves a paw towards Popo and watches it get cut off by a black cat with a big witch's pointed hat, which appeared and disappeared in an instant, hopping from Popo's palm, through the paw, and back to her palm again.

Ace 6->4 plays with the wand, twirling it, and feels his jaw drop as a tiny star appears and flies off into the distance, not exactly spinning, but more shaking unstably. It makes a little twinkling sound as it spirals off.

4 He plays with the crystal, too, but nothing happens.

The shadows and the lights grow larger and closer. This close to the wall of glass, they seem to be almost as tall as, if even taller than, Kahn.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 05, 2013, 09:19:31 am »

Ire had a disappointed look as she gazed at her allies.

"Can we not split up for once and band together, please?"

Saying that, she decided to get closer to the shadowy figures, closer to their point of origin.

Popo's quite busy, has some sort of familiar I guess. That cat looked kind of interesting though.

But these floors, what's with them. Why are they so different in composition. It's like a maze filled with ideas, thrown in chaos.

Reminds me when I was fourteen. Huh.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: February 05, 2013, 10:45:06 am »

"Yes, but why did you give me the crystal in the first place? I assume the revolver was for warmth."
"The crystal looked firey y'know? I thought it would help."
He shrugged.
"Better than just the revolver."
Accompany Ire and Popo. Continue experimenting with the wand, and recall what shapes are drawn.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: February 05, 2013, 03:51:58 pm »

"Can anyone give us some solid ground to stand on?

Slash at the closest rabbit, aim for the neck!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: February 05, 2013, 04:13:04 pm »

Azastre pouts at the situation. It was bordering...bad things. Yes, that was it. His hands reached for the rifle on his back to check the rotating bolt and see what was wrong.

Azastre tries to fix the loading device and then tries to create an eight-rounds box magazine out of marble to avoid reloading problems.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:10 pm »

"I would appreciate it if you would suddenly become capable of reflecting a great deal of light waves between 620 and 750 nanometers!"

Strike at the same rabbit.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 152