Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271087 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 17 — Mirrors and Windows
« Reply #2040 on: January 29, 2013, 10:17:11 am »

Kahn 4 pats his pouches. Nothing there. He rummages in his pack. Nope. He briefly considers sticking his spear in his ear, then shakes his head, and just covers them with his hands, blocking out much of the sound. Nothing seems to happen to him ... just yet.

Ire 6->6->5 trains Animal Training on her lizard.

She talks to her lizard, half grumbling, half chatting. She feeds it the large red coral button, and it munches on it noisily as it eats. With a snort, it stamps the ground and wanders off.

Still, Ire feels that it will listen to commands much more readily now.  She gains Animal Training I.

1 She examines the fur mound from afar, but doesn't know what to do with it. She waves hi to Gretel and Popo (one semi-glares semi-smiles at her, and the other waves with her whole arm), then tells her lizard to examine the edge of the room. It sways its way over to the edge, nudges it with its snout, and comes back. However, it doesn't have any way to communicate with her...

Ace sadly shakes his head as he watches Ire talking with the savage lizard. He goes to Popo and asks.

2 "It's really easy, sir! You just have to draw a geometric symbol, like a circle, sir, and the correct lines within it, to follow to minute patterns that unlock the basic power of the elemental spirits!"

That makes little sense to him. He walks over to Gretel and asks again. 4 She looks at him critically, pokes his belly from her sitting position, and says, "Yes." Any expansion on that explanation is not forthcoming.

Rod 5 keeps his distance and observes the furball.   It suddenly unravels to reveal a big ... rabbit? It is lumpy, fat, and also rabid-looking. It snarls, "The angle of refraction may be small enough to cause internal refraction!" and lunges at Rod.

Shadow watches the furball unravel and leap at Rod. He 2 opens his palm and stares at it, trying to make a fireball appear. Nothing happens.

Arianna 4 "I know those people," says Gretel, looking aside from Rod and her finger poking Rod. "They know me, too. I'm one of the 'rogue fire mages', as they say, even though I don't really use it a lot. I prefer more direct ways to kill people, see."

3,1,3=7 HP recovered.

Azastre 5 "Isn't it obvious?" She giggles. "It's a Tower coin worth 243 gold coins." She takes it from Azastre and runs her fingers over it, looking at the edge of it. "I think... yeah, this one was made during Bakal's Age of Tyranny. It's a rarity." She points out the squiggly Dragonoid glyphs on the bottom rim. "It's made of starsilver."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:38:25 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #2041 on: January 29, 2013, 10:37:39 am »

"Could you please tell me?"
If Gretel doesn't respond, go over to Popo and ask her to clarify. Like how to do said drawings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #2042 on: January 29, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »

Kahn immediately went to Rod's aid, jumping at the rabbit and attempting to stab it in the back of the head.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:05 pm »

Assist Kahn in his stabbing of the beast's head, also summon that darn orb of fire. (DAMN YOU RNG!!)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 29, 2013, 10:36:51 pm »

Prepare claymore, strike when the rabbit is within range.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 30, 2013, 12:34:01 am »

"Oh? That's interesting. You'll have to pardon me, though, I think they need help with that."

Draw sword, attack rabbit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 30, 2013, 12:58:17 am »

After a short thank you and a quick retreat, Azastre finds himself watching yet another strange scene - one more to the growing collection of bizarre happenings since he had entered the tower. After a few seconds trying to understand what exactly is going on, he simply gives up and prepares to line up a shot.

Azastre prepares to line up a shot at the monster rabbit, following its movements and patterns to strike true if the need for him to pull the trigger arises.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 30, 2013, 12:37:00 pm »

"On second thought-...What has Rod gotten himself into..." Ire sighed as she surveyed the scene.

Sure, she would've intervened with the most sincere reason of defending a comrade, but her recent...failures have given her another viewpoint.

Instead, she observed the battle scene and tried to pinpoint areas of weakness on the rabbit, and the surroundings as it moved.

If not, or if this is also possible, she ordered the fiery chasers to move erratically about the area, and to see how light is passed on the surroundings as they moved.

Giant Lizard shall do what it wants.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2048 on: January 31, 2013, 08:11:38 am »

Ace 2 "No."

5 He asks Popo to clarify. She launches into a long explanation about the circles that are used in Sky Tower, as a 'safe' form of magic, even at higher altitudes. The inherent instability of the field surrounding the upper floors of the tower causes raw magic or other abilities to fail more often, and do so catastrophically, but in the case of geometric magic the power of spirits is borrowed, and often expressed as spirits. For example, the fire circle Gretel and some of the Fire Terracottas used creates an unstable manifestation of Jack under the floor, and causes huge damage, but the chunks of rock quickly disappear, as the spirits seldom have permanent influence on terrain.

"How do you-"

Ace's cautious inquiry is responded to: The first step most mages, including the Terracotta mages, take is to memorize the Eighteen Standard Forms, such as the Simple Circle (which, incidentally, she thought Mr Kahn used a while ago), the Ninefold Solenoid, the Icosagon of Reparation, and others. Then, they usually pick up Popo Runia's Field Guide to Trigonometry and Magic (who happens to be her namesake) to continue deep studies on how-

"I just want to learn how to -"

Popo just keeps talking about the steps a careful mage takes to learn the basics and fundamentals of geometric magic.

Kahn 4 leaps at the rabbit.

2+10+2+1 vs 3
= 12 damage/color]

He thrusts his spear and pierces the rabbit-thing in the back of its head. It spasms and goes limp. He hears a thump behind him, and the mad shrieks of "Velocity equals lamda by frequency!" A chill goes down his spine, the feeling of an imminent attempt at his life.

Rod watches Kahn cleanly kill the rabbit, but he sees another large rabbit drop down from the black overhead. It shrieks out its strange cry and prepares to claw Kahn's back.

Arianna draws her rusty sword, and 4 is about to step forward when a rabbit drops down in front of her. Its slobbering mouth opens, and it yells, "Plane surfaces project a virtual upright image behind the mirror!" The rabbit's red eyes squint as it feints at Arianna, taking a half-lunge forward. 3 She is almost taken in, but catches herself before it can take advantage of her lapse in concentration.

Azastre watches more rabbits drop in from the ceiling (which isn't visible, just darkness). They all scream weird phrases. He slowly raises his rifle, ready to fire.

Ire 1 is distracted by the rabbit drop troops. She orders her chasers to move around, but they disappear. Perhaps their time in this world is limited, like mayflies.

5 Her giant lizard blinks, its scaly eyelids sliding down and up, as a largish rabbit hops in front of it. The rabbit opens its mouth and starts to bellow, "Planck's constant equals six point six two six oh-" when the lizard unhinges its jaw and munches on the rabbit.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 31, 2013, 11:07:32 am »

"Uh... Can you just tell me how to use this wand? Like a cliff notes version?"
Await answer. If not, try and get information on the forms. Then grab some crystals from the stairs and try to think of a way to make nonlethal revolvers.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: February 01, 2013, 06:55:26 am »

Arianna narrowed her eyes. This was highly unusual.

"Are you sane or aren't you?" she asked it warily. She wasn't expecting an accurate answer, but perhaps she could get some insight into just what she was facing.

Question rabbit. If it attacks, counter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 01, 2013, 08:48:53 am »

Azastre braces the rifle, holds his breathing and prepares to squeeze the trigger before firing at one of the crazy rabbits.

Azastre fires a +1/+1 Vaguely Bulletshaped Bullets at a rabbit then runs to check if he can get some fur.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 01, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

"Talking rabbits, how original ..."

With that Shadow dashes at the nearest one and sends a full strength two handed blow right at the midsection.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »

"At least they aren't normal-sized killer rabbits."

Charge the nearest rabbit. Rip'n'tear.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #2054 on: February 02, 2013, 03:28:34 am »

Kahn attacked the rabbit attacking him. "All in favor of a swift retreat upstairs? Because I'm voting 'aye' here," he said.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 152