Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271431 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #1995 on: January 15, 2013, 09:37:08 am »

Ire 3 Ire looks around... none of the Fire Terracottas seem to be ready to attack, so she doesn't immediately do so. She heads up to the lizard and slips into existence again. She uses Azastre's toga as a white flag, waving it around.

The Fires glance at her, then at Azastre. They shrug, and move the mobile portion of the fortification aside a bit.

Ace 2 "Venom doesn't have antidotes, you silly," says one of the mages, giggling. Her black hair and her light brown eyes are rather attractive, but she seems to have a habit of blinking her eyes a lot. 2 One of the mages gasps and says, "I think that's Aein's staff..." The mages look between themselves, then she continues, "She's dead."

Kahn 6->6->5 walks over to Arianna and picks her up into an awesome princess carry, one that the God of Princess Carries himself would envy. The pose is so perfect that he gains 50 experience in Charisma, which is pouring out of him like an almost tangible aura. He strides towards the Fire fortifications, looking like he owned the place. The Fires look at him, at Arianna, glance back at Azastre (and his mute communications with a tinkerer), then at Ire and her toga-on-a-stick and her giant lizard. Looking mostly confused, they shrug and clear away the barricades.

Azastre 5 gestures wildly to the girl with big round wire glasses. She shrugs, ruffling her shortly cut blonde hair, then plugs the heart back into the robot. She says, "Is this robot your's? Can I ... experiment... on it? I mean, it's an honest-to-goodness, real, totally authentic humanoid magata! I-I've only seen replicas till now, and precious few of humanoid ones... Please please please can I dismantle it then repair it again? Pleeeeaase?" She kicks the magata, and it flickers on again.

Arianna 4 breathes mist into her hand, which made no sense seeing that mist usually formed when hot air with moisture was quickly cooled, but that was so. She shivers. 3 But she can't think of a better way to recover. She does heal 6 HP lucidly. She takes 5 dmg from poison.

Shadow 1 searches the Fire's side of the camp and gets slapped over the back for his impenitent looting. A Fire mage glares at him.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: January 15, 2013, 11:31:28 am »

Azastre shakes his head in a negative before moving on to the stairs with the robot in tow.

Azastre moves closer to the stairs, sending the robot, Juha and Zalgo ahead and trying to see where Gretel is before resting a bit.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1997 on: January 15, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »

Kahn looks around for a large fire, so that he can place Arianna near it and hopefully extend her life a little further. Then he goes searching for an antidote/cure again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:45:35 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: January 15, 2013, 12:33:34 pm »

Upon hearing the news, a somber look spread over Aces face, replacing his usual smile. He let a moment pass, then spoke again.
"I-I'm sorry. Here."
He gave them the staff.
"Is there anything I can do?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38:29 pm »

Casting a questioning look at Kahn, Rod continues to attempt to heal Arianna.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

*hem*

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: January 16, 2013, 12:22:02 am »

Enter Fire Terracotta base. Inquire to speak to their leader. Hopefully, giant lizard comes along as persuasive force. Where 'force' is figurative and NOT LITERAL!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:30 am »

Arianna blinked, shaking her head free of the reverie she'd been in since Kahn started carrying her. It was like a dream come true... uh, mainly for other people, of course. Arianna's being valiantly rescued fantasies weren't particularly common.

And besides, she had things to do, and the magic was wearing off anyway. Still, eeeee!

Er, but she needed to focus. Trying to build up a resistance to the poison hadn't worked, trying to build up an accelerated rate of healing hadn't worked...

Gritting her teeth, she resolved to try again. It infuriated her that she was this easy to cripple.

Train venom resistance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2002 on: January 18, 2013, 11:14:23 am »

Azastre 6->5

The girl keeps following Azastre, clasping her hands in front of her, pleading. "Why noooot? Please please? I mean... for science! You're a monster if you don't let me do it for science! That robot's a rare rare specimen, and I want to look at it. I won't break anything! I promise!"

Azastre sends his robot ahead with Juha and Zalgo (who is still not quite used to being blind, and is being carefully guided by Juha). Right now, Gretel is walking into the fortification, but a pair of Fire Terracottas block her path and start asking her questions. She looks increasingly annoyed, then frustrated, then worried... The last emotion isn't one that looks natural on her face. Must be something's happened.

1 He can't rest in the middle of the enemy's base! D:

Kahn 6->2 finds that the largest fire around is the bonfire with bodies on it, so he plops Arianna right next to it. Though it kinda smells of charred flesh, at least she's warm.

There is nothing at all lying around to cure Arianna, or make stuff. He thinks he should promptly make his way to the next floor. He guesses that the Terracottas stripped everything off this floor long ago to fuel their war machine.

Ace 5 gets the staff back. "Take it away," says a Water Terracotta. "It's bad luck to use the staff of a fallen mage. Besides, you picked it up first. Take the bad luck away." 6->3 She looks at her feet sadly, then suddenly shakes hands with Ace. "Goodbye, now." Ace feels that there's a round, hard thing in his palm. Turning away, he pockets it, seeing that it's a small red crystal, with an inner flame flickering inside..

Rod 3,3,1=0  fails to heal Arianna again.

Ire 2 heads into the base, shouting for the leader to come speak with her please. The lizard of ice lazily follows her inside the fortifications, whippings its long, sinewy scaled tail from side to side in a wide arc, destroying a section of the breastwork and scratching some of the tiles. It snaps at a Fire Terracotta playfully, which isn't that playful from the receiving side's point of view.

No-one comes out to answer Ire's call... :(

Arianna 6->1 manages to worsen the worst of it, and accelerates the effects of ice lizard venom on her body, taking +1 damage per turn. When will this end?

-6 HP from venom.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #2003 on: January 18, 2013, 01:59:08 pm »

Kahn sat down next to Arianna. "I'm sorry, Lady Salgrief... there doesn't seam to be anything further I can do," he said. He put his arm around her shoulders as well as his cloak, hoping that maybe he could provide her a little warmth. If nothing else, he wasn't going to abandon her to die alone. After a few moments of thinking, something occurred to him, and he looked at her again. "...There may be one thing. I have in my knowledge a hex. This hex affects each target differently. It could make you much weaker... or it could make you much stronger, maybe strong enough to survive whatever is in your blood. Or it could produce a big cloud of smoke apparently. We won't know until I try it. Do you wish me to?" he asked.

(If you want me to, Irony, I'll edit it into the post.)

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 18, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »

Ace nodded, took another look at the crystal before pocketing it once more.

He began heading off for Ariana and Khan. If he gets there fast enough (this turn), he stops them from doing anything extreme and hands her the fire crystal, for her to try and use as a cure. Also, try and figure out how to use the water staff while they fiddle about with the fire crystal.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:33:42 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 18, 2013, 07:23:20 pm »

No words, just a grimace of frustration and a few drops of sweat.

Keep trying to heal Arianna!

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 18, 2013, 07:27:53 pm »

Azastre nonchalantly moves over to Arianna to keep using his non-flashy semi-paladin healing.

Azastre spends 6 hp to heal Arianna and tries to look around and call for Popo's help, whenever she may be.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 19, 2013, 01:01:09 am »

((If anyone's asking, I told Skyru my action via IRC.))

"Ok...cold reception for those following fire..."

Ire wondered what was going on here. Sure, she was in a feud that lasted years on end - looking just like another passerby in details that weren't her problem, but she wanted to know...

In the name of curiosity.

Loot the camp. They won't know.
Remember what you did before? Yeah, good option now.
Or just follow what is right, attend to your own wishes and don't bother others'
...And clean up the place by picking up loose pieces of...rubbish. Nobody'll mind.

Stealth > Loot the area for anything important that nobody will miss like any magical objects! Also, try to find where the leader is and go there AFTER...what my conscience dictates.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21:59 am »

Arianna glanced at Kahn.

"W-we'll see," she said, shivering next to the corpse bonfire. She didn't particularly like the sound of random magic, but she'd take it over freezing to death, if it came to that.

Attempt to will the spirits in my blood to stop harming me.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2009 on: January 21, 2013, 10:47:49 am »

Kahn 5 draws the Simple Hex. It sinks into her skin, disappearing with pink bubbles. At first, it seems like nothing happened. Arianna soon feels much warmer, though, and stops shivering as much, though it's not completely gone.

Venom 1/2 eradicated!

Rod 6->6->5,4,1=11 HP healed for Arianna. It's almost like they suddenly reached a tipping point, and everything's working well. Kahn manages to heal Arianna's venom partially, too. Rod sighs in relief as his companion is less susceptible to death, now.

Azastre 2 fails to engage his healing. But none of his HP was taken, either.

He looks around 5 and spots Popo almost prancing up the stairs. He calls out, and she looks at him, but gestures something wildly with her arms and broomstick and runs back up the steps. Azastre is slightly let down.

He ignores the girl with the round glasses, who is still tapping his shoulder and talking non-stop about how much he's letting down Science, Humanity, and even the Universe As We Know It due to his uncooperative attitude. He should definitely let her at least take it apart, or even copy it, to ensure that Science marches on. He's an evil evil boy if he doesn't let an advocate of Science not let her do her work.

Ire 2+1 decides to put her stealth to good use and sneaks around, sniffing out any magic items. There are none she can see that are just lying around. 2 She doesn't see anyone who might be a leader, or who's in charge. Ire looks around surreptitiously. No magic items, no leader, and no-one who's looking at her... except the bumbling ice lizard who insists on following her everywhere she goes, wrecking the orderly tents and stacks of supplies with its tail. Ire suspects it is swinging its long, spiky, heavy tail on purpose. The ice lizard's inhuman yellow eyes glint with what is probably intelligence, and glee.

Arianna 4 feels warmer as the random magic of Kahn's washes over her, melting her body out and lifting the cold weight that settled in her chest. Immediately after, Rod's lucid healing knits together her bleeding insides and refills some of her lost blood. She gathers her will, assuming that the venom is actually a sort of spirit that is circulating in her blood. 1 Sadly, the venom is an inanimate thing, unable to be reasoned, bargained, or haggled with, and it rips her up as always, though less powerfully than before.

4 damage taken.

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 152