Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271418 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #1920 on: December 22, 2012, 01:36:43 am »

Shadow completely ignores everything that's happening around him and tries to practice his swordsmanship. 2 However, he is unable to really concentrate, and gains nothing.

Azastre rubs his face cheek for a while. How could an imaginary being hit him so well? He must have been sparring with a ghost of martial arts! He also idly wonders if he'd ever rub any cheek other than his face's ones.

6->5 Zalgo is suddenly alive and kicking, very literally on his robot. He struggles against the robot's grasp in vain. 6->1 Bremen is nowhere to be seen. 6 Juha is  next to his robot, trying to calm Zalgo down, but all she manages is to get kicked in the shoulders by his flailing feet. She looks annoyed and sits on the floor.

6->4 He thinks he can see the sparkle of a heavily gem-encrusted staircase down the Fire corridor!

Kahn rubs the frost lizard, wincing at the prickly spines it has (5 dmg). They are VERY prickly, and one of the larger ones pierces his hand verily. On the plus side, he now has 1 frost resistance..

Ace frowns and and goes for another Water. 5+1 He instantly has her all over him, and as she clings onto Ace's arm, she spills that the war is at a stagnation. It wasn't so back when they were home (which is called Terra), because there were things like resources to exploit, or people to convince, but here there is only themselves and their foes.

Ire 5 can't really secretly tame anything from stealth. :/ How would it be tamed if it didn't even know its master's face? Silly Ire.

Arianna 4 pets the lizard and (1 dmg) is hurt by its spines, but less so than Kahn, who has blood creeping down his hand. She gets 1 frost resistance.. 1 She lets the lizard gnaw her arm. The problem is that it has sharp teeth and little of lips, so she is bitten. 2 Icy-cold something starts seeping into her, seemingly flowing in her blood vessels. That doesn't sound very good.

5 At least she got 1 frost resistance extra! That's a cumulative 2 frost resistance.

Also, she takes 11 arm-bitten damage. Moral of the story: don't let your arm get bitten by a huge lizard with razor-sharp teeth and unknown venom capabilities, kids!

*nom*

Rod 4,3,6->2= 18 pt to Two-handed Swords. He quickly hops thru a number of sword positions, like Hero With Big Sword Swings It Wildly, The Crane Lands In the Shrub And Is Promptly Decapitated, and the very cool Hero Flails Big Bad Evil Dude With Sword and It Turns Out BBED Is His Father. He feels like he's roughly a third towards the next level of swordsmanship!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 01:55:01 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 22, 2012, 01:42:42 am »

Ace, not minding the attention, turns to look at her with a quizzical expression.
"So then, uh... Why do you fight 'em?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:57:38 am by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1922 on: December 22, 2012, 02:48:32 am »

Kahn looked at his hand ruefully and stood. "Are you all right, miss...?" he trailed off, realizing he'd never gotten this female knight's name. "Right then. Allow me to introduce myself. Sir Trevor Kahn, at your service, Madam." Once introductions were finished, he would take a look at her arm and apply that salve he received from the Water Terracotta - if it would help, that is.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 22, 2012, 03:04:34 am »

Arianna looked down at her arm. That wasn't good.

"...ah. Arianna Salgrief, pleased to make your... formal acquaintance, Sir Kahn."

Attempt to diagnose poison.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 22, 2012, 04:29:18 am »

"Lady Salgrief." Kahn bowed slightly. "Would you mind terribly if I examined your wound? One of the... young ladies on this floor handed me a salve for healing. Admittedly she gave it to me after I suffered a burn, but you know how it is in foreign parts... savages can't tell one thing from the other, eh? That being the case, it might work for your arm," he offered.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:28 am »

"I suspect the venom is more an issue than the wound, but I would be most grateful for it regardless."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 22, 2012, 07:45:57 am »

Azastre waves to Juha and asks the robot to set down Zalgo before turning around and trying to imagine where Bremen would be. And noticing silly wounded Arianna during that.

Azastre looks around a bit more for Bremen then oh what. Try to use 8 hp to extract venom.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 22, 2012, 06:30:09 pm »

Go find Bremen and convince him to help me climb the tower.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 23, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »

Rod notices the lizard being petted and the injuries that followed.

Eh, might as well.

Pet the lizard.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 23, 2012, 09:24:23 pm »

Escape from Stealth.

Try to tame the lizard!

Why hello there you giant of a creature, you.

What do lizards eat? Insects? Anything smaller than them? The spines act as a natural defense, but against what is really hard to tell.

Here goes nothing.

Apply Field Healing. Try to improve said spell.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1930 on: December 25, 2012, 06:51:38 am »

Ace "We always fought them," she says without even pausing to think. "They're our enemies, and we are their enemies." She seems very matter-of-fact, as if stating the sky was blue.

Kahn 4 dabs some of the medicine on Arianna's wound. It seems nothing happens. In fact,6->6->1 the wound starts rapidly turning blue, like from frostbite.

Arianna 6->5 identifies that the venom seemingly induces frostbite all over the victim's body, especially around the wound. She feels biting pain all inside her body. 20% = 5 HP is lost. She feels like she'll die soon.

Azastre 4 looks around. Bremen isn't around. 6->1 He uses 8 HP, but nothing seems to happen to Arianna.

Shadow 1 wanders around a bit, but doesn't see Bremen. In fact, he's now lost in a corridor. He sees a bunch of women wearing red clothes standing guard at the closer end of the corridor.

Rod 1 pets the lizard, and takes 1 dmg from a big spike. 1 Nothing is gained for his pain.

Ire 4 crouches near the lizard and tries to woo it. 6->6 Through methods unknown, she manages to convince it that it should follow her, instead of hanging around these blue-clothes women who don't even play with the lizard. An observer may notice the lizard licking its chops, munching on something that snaps and crunches with a loud sound.

(-4 throwing daggers).
(Giant Ice Lizard is now following Ire around. It doesn't respond to orders. It is not hostile to Ire or her friends.)

2 She fails to cast Field Healing. She whirls and notices Arianna clutching herself, shivering madly and looking pale. Only if the field healing had worked.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:37 am »

((@IronyOwl: Pssst. I was checking the last turns. When Arianna was with 21 hp, you forgot to bump it up to 24 thanks to Ire's field healing some turns ago. You are missing 3 hp right now.))

Azastre facepalms at Arianna's baffling lack of common sense. Who'd in their right mind offer their arm to be chewed upon by a giant lizard? Either the cham still has the knightess very high or she probably fell on her head too hard recently.

Azastre tries to use 10 hp to Heal Arianna this time plus a boost of 3 hp to expel the venom from her body.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 25, 2012, 01:17:29 pm »

Make a '-_-' face and walk away from the red cloaked women. Try to find my way back.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 25, 2012, 07:29:54 pm »

"That wasn't so bad. You're a good fellow, if a bit spiky."

Pet the lizard... again.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 26, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »

"Izzat all you wonderful ladies do? Fight?"
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 152