Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271402 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #1890 on: December 08, 2012, 01:03:37 am »

Ace frowns. No pet for him then. That's too bad.
He fires some silver bullets into the lizard, then either goes into evasive actions or loots the bodies, using them in unison with the broken revolver, the boomerang, and the remaining ashes. Then, regen the pheonix bullet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 08, 2012, 07:08:08 am »

Arianna smiled at her new acquisition. Hopefully now she could get some answers.

"I'm new here," she said, giving a good press to motivate her captive, "so perhaps you could explain some things? Who you and these blue robes are, why you're fighting, what goes on around here, you know, the usual."

Interrogate!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 08, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »

As he picked himself up, Rod noticed Arianna standing on one of the blue-themed lot.

Rest/heal while listening in on Arianna's interrogation attempt.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1893 on: December 08, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »

Sir Kahn gets up, ignoring the light foot injury, and moved to intercept the spider under the assumption it's with the Fires.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 08, 2012, 11:00:17 pm »

"S-sorry Gretel...I'll distract the spider if it comes down to fighting it...sorry!"

But what do spiders eat? Juices of insects or animals, if preferable, maybe...

...I don't have anything resembling juices b-

Candy? Its as unreliable as a Blunderbuss!

Shoot ye Spider with my Candy Handcannon as I emerge from a side of the pillar! Distract from anything attacking Gretel!

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1895 on: December 14, 2012, 08:18:05 am »

Azastre calmly reclines on the floor. 6->1,2,2 He bonks his head on the gritty rock and doesn't feel very rested. 1 HP healed.

Ace 1 pulls his trigger... and the gun goes "click". It seems his gun is stuck somewhere. 5 He regenerates his phoenix bullet (-1 HP) and dashes across the room and picks up a staff with a red gem at the end. The owner's body is nowhere to be seen.

Arianna 4 "Bite me," the captive girl growls. Arianna cheerfully does so, and she screams more of shock than pain.

"You must be the most idiotic Water ever to join at the front lines, dimwit. Don't you even know who your enemies are?" She taunts Arianna while still being pinned.

Rod 2,2,3 can't relax while things are still flying around, and he doesn't regain any lost HP.

Kahn 1 trods the wrong way and feels pain shoot up his leg. -3 HP He hobbles over to the spider, walking carefully, and 4 stabs it through its abdomen while it is concentrating on Ire and Gretel. The spider twitches wildly, then curls up.

His spear feels cooler than before.

Ire takes her candy handcannon out in one smooth action and raises and aims it. She pulls the trigger ... but spider is taken out by Sir Kahn, and she doesn't fire. Gretel slips along the walls away from her.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:22:14 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 14, 2012, 10:09:49 am »

Azastre spends some time scratching his head and thinking about something worthwhile to do before deciding upon poking Popo.

Azastre asks Popo if she has something to help his kestrel be more active. And less sleepy.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 14, 2012, 12:33:39 pm »

Kahn walks away from the spider, taking his spear with him, and sits down in a quiet place to rub at his injured foot and hopefully heal it.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 14, 2012, 12:55:53 pm »

Continue to relax.

I really wonder why I got into this line of work. Oh, yes, "You can't be an accountant, Rodney. I'll be damned if you give up the family career!" So here I am trying to get some rest while a bunch of crazies fight each other, excluding my nominal companions. Eh, it could be worse.

Spoiler: Rod (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 14, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »

Remove the crystal from the top of the staff.

Craft the remaining ashes, broken revolver, boomerang and the crystal into another revolver.

Go find another Water Terracotta, ask about their conflict. Once knowledge is obtained, begin flirting.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:39:56 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 15, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

"Thanks Kahn!" Ire said, Directing any healing power onto the good knight before retreating back into Stealth.

Examine area.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 15, 2012, 06:37:17 pm »

"Water? Who says I'm a Water?" Arianna asked cheerfully, pressing down on her mouthy captive. "I'm just passing through, and you seemed like a convenient source of information.

So... about that everything?"

More interrogation!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1902 on: December 15, 2012, 10:14:16 pm »

Azastre 5 Popo whisks the head-cover that was over the kestrel's head all long! It opens an eye, snaps its beak together, and beats its wings. This kestrel is one darned ready kestrel!

Kahn tugs his spear out of the spider, bracing himself with a fit, and walks off to a quieter corner. Though he 6->2,2,6->1 tries rubbing his foot, but -1 HP it hurts. Kahn thinks he might need some sort of ointment to heal it, or he could try lucid healing again.  Strangely, though, recently his allies had a lot of backfire from trying to heal rapidly.

A different Terracotta of Water walks up to him and says, "Why are you sitting here like you're allowed to?" She eyes him. "Well, I guess you can lick your wounds. Or something. Your foot looks bad, take this." She drops a little ampule of thick liquid into his lap. 

Rod 1 grumbles about his choice of career, but he only feels worse. Why was he even in this death-trap of a tower? Why?!

2,6->3,4 = 7 HP healed.

Ire 6->2,3,3=6 HP healed for everyone. Although she almost felt the magic shifting, her new knowledge of healing lets her keep it in its beneficial form.

She examines the area...
The few Fire Terracottas that haven't retreated are being tied up or caught. Arianna is pinning down a Fire and talking calmly to her. The Terracottas of Water are regrouping, re-establishing their patrols. The ones who rushed out of one of the corridors are looking around suspiciously, peering into the just attacked one, and a few are returning to where they came from. Rod and Kahn and Azastre are resting on the hard floor, not looking quite comfortable, and Popo is talking to Azastre. Gretel is nowhere to be seen.

5 She is seen by no-one.

Ace 5 removes the crystal intact. It feels warm in his hands, though the crudely cut design surely could be improved. 5 he adds the various materials and 1,4,5 creates a +4 Golden Revolver of Incandescence. It can either be used as a lighter, or it can imbue a bullet with fire on a roll of [4] and explode in a blaze. Perhaps using it with a Phoenix Bullet will make it better.
On the other hand, he suspects it will melt down if he <rolls three 1s for an attack roll, cumulative>.

4 He sidles up to a friendly-looking Water and asks what's going on. She smiles and tells him that there are four sides to the Terracottas, Fire, Water, Dark, and Light. Each one believes that their elemental god created the world (those heathens!), and that they were always in conflict. On the other hand, they didn't always fight in this claustrophobic maze. All four Terracotta groups used to live in a world of floating continents, over a great sea that knew no bounds, but one day some of them found themselves here.

3 He tries some moves on her, but she seems oblivious and rather confused.

Arianna 5 The Fire Terracotta groans, and mutters, "Those blue robes are the idiotic Terracottas of Water, we're fighting because we always did, mostly watching each other goes on. Happy? By the way, where did you get that armor? It's freaking ugly." She struggles under her grip, while unwisely insulting her.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 15, 2012, 11:18:45 pm »

"Gee. That sure is interesting. Eternal war."
He halts a moment to think.
"So, I got two more questions. The first, is, y'know, where are the other ones? Light and Dark n' Stuff. The other..."
He moves in closer, naturally, almost undetectably. That jacket must have some kind of magic. He was never this smooth before. Unless he didn't know it.
"Tell me, where do you come from? Care showin' me?"
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:53:17 am by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 16, 2012, 01:21:57 am »

"Thank you very much, Miss Water Terracotta." Now fully healed thanks to Ire's stealth healing abilities, Kahn searched out the nearest Fire and proceeded to lay waste to her.

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 152