Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271400 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 16 — The Terracottas
« Reply #1845 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:12 pm »

Arianna 4,6->4,5= 11 pt to Swords. She remembers some of the Standard Death Knight forms she learned way back when she was little, and practices them.

Arianna glanced at Rod, practicing his own skills.

"Care to spar?" she asked, hefting her blade.

If Rod wishes to spar, spar with Rod. If Rod does not wish to spar, practice more Standard Death Knight forms.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:06 pm »

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea, sparring with live blades. I nearly took my own head off a moment ago, after all," Rod replied with a chagrined smile.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: November 27, 2012, 10:50:54 pm »

(...I would have to say that's fantastic, Irony. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: November 27, 2012, 11:13:15 pm »

((Arianna, the best female archetype :D))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: November 27, 2012, 11:19:01 pm »

((I-I'm confused. Where's the chanting for blood? D:))

3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:11 pm »

Aces ears perk up at hearing Arianna requesting to spar with Khan, and stood up. After Kahn denied her request, he stepped in, smirking.
"Ey. I'm up for a match, if you've got the cajones to go against me."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:40 am »

Fade into stealth...wait, I'm already in stealth. Bah...

Get back into that room and examine the statues, along with training Stealth by doing so.

Try to stick onto the tail of one of my allies and trail them.

In Stealth.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:26:29 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1852 on: November 28, 2012, 09:25:24 am »

((Love that, Irony Owl :D))

Kahn 6->4 Despite his polite inquiry, the woman frowns and lays a hand on her hip. "I think you don't have the countersign. And, regulations are, if you try to get closer we'll have to kill you. Unless any one of your friends is a Terracotta of Water, I can't let you by.
...Also, it's the main belief of us Terracottas, or at least the Terracottas of Water. Our dear sisters elsewhere are merely misguided. Jack Frost, the beheaded snowman, is not only the god of water, but also the form elementals of water take when they are summoned.
"

She seems impatient with describing this to Kahn, but at least she isn't trying to kill him.

Azastre 5 mixes the two and makes a +7/+3 Plutonium Bullet. It will explode inside the target. It is advisable that there be no friendly targets near the one that is hit by this bullet.

Ace waits idly. The Terracotta girl isn't hostile yet, so he holds off his manly charms.

Ire 3+1 slips into the room, almost getting discovered as she is silhouetted by the light from the stairs, but ducks into the shade before anyone catches on. She peers at the Teracottas a bit closer. From what she heard from Kahn talking with the guard, they were the Terracottas of Water. It did seem like they were driving for a water-y theme with their blue clothes...
They are definitely human. She peers closer, 6->5 and notices that none of them are really muscled, even leanly. It suggests that they have another way to defend themselves aside from brawn, blade and guts. From what she can see of their arms, they don't seem to be archers, either. And none of them have crossbows on them anyways, the unwieldy, bulky things they are. They all have some sort of staff with a gem of one kind or another on it somewhere.
She spots a 6->1 long creature with six legs and a white tail, scaled and muscular. It has spikes on its head, all leaning backwards, and its pair of black eyes blink slowly in the dark, perhaps not comprehending. Every once it a while, it snakes out its tongue for a quick flick at the air. The tongue is forked. It is squat, and the mean lines of its head reminds her of a cold, icy wind. Each of its legs has three claws in the front and one in the back, looking more for traction than for attack. They are all blunt and wide, not good at all for combat. As she watches in awestruck horror, the creature stirs and looks around, eventually settling on her rough direction. It flicks the air again.

Rod 6->2 cuts his head off lets go of his claymore while practicing and sends it flying across the room and skidding across the tiles. It is nicked badly, and turns from a +3 into a +2. Poor claymore.
On the other hand, he has a sudden inspiration from looking at Arianna's great +9 sword, and given the materials, he thinks he can improve his by a lot.

Arianna practices the standard forms while reminiscencing her cuter, purer youth.

5,6->2,3=6 pt to Swords. She feels she's almost able to get to a new level of skill and be more effective.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: November 28, 2012, 09:32:46 am »

Ire blinked.

Oh Cr-...

"Kahn."
She said, sidling up to the Great Knight while still in stealth. "Take note, you're being watched by a snake-type creature that smells like a snake. Hexapedal, white-ish...aaaand looking at me. I have to go. Watch its eyes."

Point out ye creature to most trusted guy.

Resist panic.

Try to examine the walls or floor/ceiling. Are there any distinguishable sigils/symbols or warnings? Any scent for creatures or chemicals?

Train Stealth...:P

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:25:41 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1854 on: November 28, 2012, 09:39:36 am »

Azastre tries to rest a bit more and wait for the result of the diplomatic attempts.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:37 pm »

"I apologize for any offense I may have caused, madam. My companions and I are new here, and we merely wish to pass through to the next floor without causing any trouble. May we?" he asked, applying his +1 Charisma to the woman. He did his best to keep watch on the woman and not look at the snake Ire mentioned; it was good to know, but he didn't want the Terracottas to know that he knew.

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)

(If this doesn't work, I may have to try getting out of sight and using the Appearance Hex to look like one of them so we can try bluffing them into thinking I'm one and we can all go. Or maybe turn Ire into one since they haven't seen her yet.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: November 28, 2012, 03:38:17 pm »

Rod casually walks over to retrieve his claymore, returning to the top of the stairs with the others. He strokes it, whispering apologies. Once there, he cautiously takes the Highly Irregular Chaos Box from his pack and touches the pip to his claymore, trying to use his new flash of inspiration to favorably affect the outcome.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1857 on: November 28, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »

If Kahn succeeds, casually flirt with the terracotta woman. If Kahn doesn't, apply all available player charm to get her to help.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: November 29, 2012, 05:02:37 am »

Arianna glanced at Kahn's attempts at diplomacy. He looked like he was having a bit of trouble...

She didn't particularly think she'd be able to help, though, and Ace appeared to be on it anyway, so she returned to her sword forms. She was almost there...

Practice Swords.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1859 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:32 am »

Ire 5 looks at the walls closely. There is a faint painting of a circle with a triangle and a hat in navy on the fall war. It looks like the head of a snowman. There are also four perfectly drawn circles, perhaps in embedded rose gold, with fancy geometrical shapes within them on four of the walls. It reminds her of the big pillar of fire Gretel created back on floor 15.

2 She is too busy looking at the sigils to train Stealth, but gains +5 xp passively.

Azastre 5,6->6->2,3= 11 HP healed chills on the floor. A small rolypoly scuttles past him, on some urgent rolypoly errand.

Kahn 2+1

Despite his attempts, the woman is unfazed. She shakes her head, saying, "I can't really let you by. You could be a spy for the Fires or the Darks or the Lights, or maybe be wanting to mess our things up."

Kahn hears a low growl from the darkness.

Rod touches his Chaos Box to the claymore. 3 His claymore flashes and morphs into... the exact same form it was!

Disappointed, he gives it a swing, and suddenly realizes that it's much better balanced than before. He can (almost) swing it with a single hand.

(One +7 Revolver Mithril Claymore get)

His Chaos Box is now Irregular, instead of Highly Irregular. It looks less fancy in its engravings, and significantly lighter. When tapped, it lets out a hollow sound.

((Too bad you didn't roll a 4~6... xD Think that that's a 3!))

Ace 1+2 looks charming, but nothing happens.

+5 exp to Social.

Arianna 1 injures herself, 6->4 but avoids being deeply cut, taking 5 dmg. She frowns at the blood leaking from her new wound.

1 With a sudden war-cry, one of the passages guarded by the Terracottas of the Water erupts in a ball of jack-o-the-lantern-shaped flame, instantly roasting one of the guards and flinging the other away into a wall. A pair of people in deep red clothes hop out and start drawing in the air with a sort of stick that leaves a silver trail. The Waters rally towards the torches, and the sigils on the wall start to glow a pale blue. The guard that was talking to Kahn snaps her head around and runs off to help her friends. The lizard Ire saw reveals itself, and slinks towards the scene of battle.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 152