Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 271373 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1560 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:12 pm »

Azastre "...I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done that, and Popo might have died if she took that full-force. That's why." She slinks away towards one of the few people left and brutalizes him.

Azastre 1 fails to initiate healing on himself.

He 5,6->3,6->2= 22 HP heals himself.

Popo 1 fumbles and drops her bag of black powder. She makes an "eep" sound and hops backwards, 5 and is relieved as the pouch doesn't unravel.

6->6->5 The robot makes a clanging sort of noise, alerting Azastre to the fact that Zalgo is conscious again and trying to get out of his custody.

Arianna 3 feels none of her HP being sacrificed. Obviously, nothing happens.

The killer of her turns and attacks Bremen.

5+3+4 vs 5+4+4
= failure

Bremen raises an eyebrow and calmly blocks, then kicks the man:

4+4 vs 6->3

However, he jumps out of the way and avoids having his knee being smashed in.

"I don't see why you're attacking me, now, Shadow," he says, "I, who has had perhaps the least to do with Lotusia, though it's true I've been with her the longest. It sounds paradoxical, sure, but it's true."

His stance is relaxed at first glance, but the arm holding his weapon is ready to snap out for a parry or an opportunistic attack.

Suddenly, Ire throws a pair of daggers at Bremen

3,3 and both are quite lethal!

5+2+4+1, 3+2+4+1
vs 5+4
= 4 damage

Bremen is unaware of the attacks, and takes two gashes to his shoulders. He jerks and turns around, presenting a chance for Shadow to attack with a +1 to his roll.

Kahn and Jack stroll upstairs. No-one is in a state to block them, though Kahn notices the green sweater-wearing girl with curly black hair looking at him sadly.

Ace 5 channels the spirit of the legendary duel-revolver gunner, the Extincted Phoenix Rai. He is said to have destroyed a whole base of Cartel with a single incendiary bullet.

On the other hand, Ace doesn't know who the Cartel is.

He 5 adopts an Old West accent.

The three bouncers who are left look at each other, puff their chests up, and beat a "cool" retreat, locking eyes with you, and saying (with their eyes) "We're not retreating bro, we're leaving since you're not worth our effort."

Rod rushes Bremen, who is currently suffering a -1 because of Ire.

5+4+2+3 vs 6->3+4-1 = 2 damage

Bremen seems to have had lots of experience fighting: he takes the blow in his stride and manages to reduce much of the force behind it, but still takes another slash.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 27, 2012, 10:53:10 pm »

"Coyotes."
Go all Avatar with Rai. Ask for guidance, tutorship, and similar.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:09:28 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 27, 2012, 11:00:06 pm »

"Kahn!"

Ire glared at Bremen, seeing as he took the knives like a punch.

"Tell me, now. What is going on?"

Interrogate//Persuade for info! Perhaps on Lotusia.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 27, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »

Azastre watches the chaotic situation, and deciding Popo is already safe by now-awaken-Gretel, he decides to set off to help the man in danger.

Azastre tries to heal himself once again and then do the same to Bremen.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 13—The Grim Witch
« Reply #1564 on: September 27, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »

"What is it, lass?" Kahn asked, staying on the stairs for the moment to see what Ire wanted. (If Tiruin doesn't ask him to do anything too unreasonable, Kahn will aid Ire this round.)

Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 27, 2012, 11:33:25 pm »

"Lotusia! You forgot to thank her personally, and she's messing up the carpet with her blood!" Ire shouted after the Knight, still suffering from the effects of that-food[-that-doesn't-appear-in-Wikipedia]

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 28, 2012, 12:01:23 am »

"Lady Ire, I don't believe she is to be thanked. She appears to be an appalling sort of villain, bewitching good people with enchanted food and clouding their minds." He shook his head. "I don't believe in striking ladies, but... there's naught in my code that says I can't turn my back on an evil-doer while people seek their revenge."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1567 on: September 28, 2012, 04:16:48 am »

oops

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 28, 2012, 05:56:12 am »

Well, Lotusia was dead. That was unfortunate. Or at least, she assumed she was; perhaps one more try was in order.

She did, however, now have two other possible leads, both of whom would likely prefer her as an ally, or at least not siding with her foe.

Striding up to them, she crossed her arms and spoke up.

"You two. What's this business regarding Lotusia and this floor? What were her aims? What parts did you play and why? Why kill her now, and why stand by and let her be killed?"

Try healing Lotusia once more. Diplomacy Bremen and Shadow unless it works.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 28, 2012, 08:17:05 am »

Well, Lotusia was dead. [...]
((Did I miss something again or D:))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 28, 2012, 03:46:06 pm »

((She done got stabbed real good, then my healing didn't do anything. I did roll a bit poorly, but otherwise it's looking like healing can't help, ergo dead.

Very unfortunate, but he did roll a 6->6->5. That'll ruin anyone's day. :-\

Alternatively I just wasn't sacrificing enough, since she would have taken... somewhere between 17 and 24 damage, I think, and I might have healed her for 13? But I don't think I have the HP to really test that.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 29, 2012, 01:18:30 am »

"For crying out l-Look, I can't just sit around balancing someone's books, and now I can't cut down anyone who gets in my way. What am I supposed to do? Lotusia is dead, so either tell us what you want to in plain language or get out of the way."

Diplomacy.

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1572 on: September 30, 2012, 06:07:11 am »

Ace ((I don't know what going Avatar with Rai is! D:))

6->4 "What you need is style. Live with style, die with style, and most of all make sure your enemies are afraid of your style. Flashy attacks that aren't as effective are better than boring normal attacks. Also, having ways to kill more than one person at once are useful."

Ire 5 "I suppose I'm being attacked by a bunch of people I barely know, and one that I do." He glares at Rod, then you, then Shadow.

Shadow intercedes, "Stand down then, Bremen; if you've done nothing wrong, help me kill those involved or stand aside so I can do what I should've done from the start."

Bremen 2 ignores him. The green sweater girl goes up to Shadow and tries to say something, 1 but Shadow roughly pushes her away. She easily falls to the ground.

Azastre 6: 3,1,4 heals self by 8 points.

4:6->5 Bremen is healed 11 points, and he nods to Azastre in thanks.

Kahn talks with Ire.

Arianna - fails to heal Lotusia. 4 ""What is of the dead is dead with them," Bremen says. "Let her be. I, along with a few here, were simply caught up in the ride. Perhaps we should have gotten off before the hammer fell."

Rod "I say 'just go', but our friend over here seems to have different thoughts." Bremen points at Shadow with his hammer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 30, 2012, 06:22:32 am »

"Just spit it out! Why is killing needed, and why is the food here in this peaceful floor poisoned?"

Interrogate//Persuade!

But then help the Girl with the Green Sweater up and ask her what is going on and her personal viewpoint.

If possible, retrieve thrown daggers.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:33 am »

Azastre graciously returns Bremen's gesture adn tilts his head in curiosity at the scene. It is as if there was something off about all of it.

Azastre checks if Popo and Gretel are distributing the antidote then moves on to talk to the girl in green sweater and check what's the problem.

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 152