Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires and Clothing  (Read 1494 times)

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampires and Clothing
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:59:20 am »

So with the reintroduction of clothing use, does this mean that vampires are no longer an "eternal" key for your fort? Will they go crazy same as other dwarves if they don't get their socks?

AranC23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires and Clothing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:06 am »

They may go crazy, but if they are walled in I don't think they have any way of hurting themselves.  You may have some spam from their trantrums to contend with. 

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:46 am »

vampires are always happy, iirc
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

enizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:58:56 am »

well, personally i hope they dont go mad, walled in accountants are the ONLY plus i see from them, if i cant do that, i think i'll start generating worlds without vampires in them at all

got pretty fed up with them when i had a map where every immigrant wave had at least TWO vampires

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:26:14 pm »

vampires are always happy, iirc

They can go mad from unhappiness.

This could all be solved by giving vampires a farm plot, some pig tail seeds, a farmer's workshop, a loom and a clothiers workshop.

See where I'm getting at?

Infinity making socks.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:32:34 pm »

They may go crazy, but if they are walled in I don't think they have any way of hurting themselves.  You may have some spam from their trantrums to contend with.
As I recall, if a dwarf tantrums 3 times, they go insane. Might not be the correct number, but don't count on vampires to stay alive if they keep tantrumming, even if they're locked up with no way to harm themselves.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 03:33:59 pm »

As I recall, if a dwarf tantrums 3 times, they go insane. Might not be the correct number, but don't count on vampires to stay alive if they keep tantrumming, even if they're locked up with no way to harm themselves.
Nah, it's based on their happiness. Push them past miserableness = insanity.
What happens in tantrums, is that Dwarfs do things that relieves their anger and makes them *that* much more happy. Unless they accidentally kill someone...

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 03:56:24 pm »

They won't die, they will keep running around forever.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 04:25:32 pm »

Yeah, I had a vampire count who went insane and spent years babbling in his (locked) room.  Best noble ever.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.