Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Roll to Summon Demons Turn 2: I, for one, welcome our demon overlords  (Read 10348 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Summon Demons Turn 2: I, for one, welcome our demon overlords
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:01 pm »

"GAH! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!"
Remove my chest armor and stuck the gems on in a pattern with the quartz around the ruby. Drop it into the summoning circle and summon Awsamest into the ruby and tell him to increase the physical prowess of whoever wears the armor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 02:09:59 pm »

Narvendar smiled upon the ghoul like the former was a Muse. He had done it, despite all those who did not believe him. As the worms fell upon the ground and the stench filled the air, the only thing the blacksmith could do was smile, and think about how it was good he was wearing his "meeting new friends" underwear.
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Kemukira. I hope we can have a pleasant association!"
And he meant it. Narvendar did not want to mistreat those who would be his door to GODHOOD! He was more wary of people than of demons. At least you knew you could not trust any demon, while most people were born deceivers, plotting against his future paradise of blacksmiths, animals and clean underwear.
"Well, let's get this started - he said, still smiling - I order you to not attack me, nor hurt me, nor be mischievous, nor put me in danger, nor act in any way I find prejudicial to me.
Any actions that may cause any harm or damage to anyone or anything must be explicitly ordered by me first, and the force or lethality used must be only the amount that I specify in the order.
Only eat corpses when I allow you to do so.
If my life, spirit, sanity or body well-being is at stake and I am unable to give you any order due to being restrained or unsconscious, protect and save me using as much force is needed to free me without harm to me or any innocent.
You shall obey my orders and me above anyone else, forever remembering and taking these commandments as the rules you shall exist for.

Now, shapeshift into the largest clean and not stinking white wolf you are able to without stretching your essence and follow me for as long as I tell you to."

When Kemukira shapeshifts, leave the room and gather leather and bronze from the castle retainers, fashioning a leather wolf armor with a thin layer of bronze over it (purely decorative purposes)  for him afterwards while the other apprentices summon their demons.

((Why are they weak against any kind of metal...Oh boy, what a buzz killer.))

((Questions: a) Do we need to roll for shapeshifting, b) do the demons need to maintain the same mass and size when shapeshifting? c) Also, do silver and iron hurt them even when they just touch it or wear them as armor? I need these answers to complete my action.))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:25:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 02:24:01 pm »

Because it`s the first summoning, and summoning is a little more complex than some other stuff in other RTDs,- Once your leave your pentacle your protection is gone, and the demon is free to attack you- Unless you tell him not to do so. Should attach some additional orders, though. And watch out for ambiguities!

a) No, you don`t. Not even the demon has to, it`s a innate ability like breathing is for humans.
b) It is advised that they do. While they can usually assume a smaller form without problems, shapeshifting into something much bigger "stretches" their essence, which means it runs out faster.
c) Yes, it does. Not as much as being pierced by it- But it hurts. A small piece might tickle like an annoying rash.. A bigger piece might hurt like a severe sunburn, or hundreds of wasps stinging you. Or like setting your skin on fire. Demons shouldn`t directly touch iron or silver if it can be avoided. Even with something in between it hurts, but not as much.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:39 pm »

((Thanks~editting my turn.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 02:50:12 pm »

Summon Fisrusk. Give it following instructions once it is summoned:
"You shall obey my orders immediately unless otherwise required by the order's wording. You shall respect my orders above the orders of other people and your own will."
"You shall not harm any mortal creatures unless I directly order you to. Even so, you shall only inflict the minimal required degree of harm as specified in the order you will be obeying at the moment."
"You shall not inflict irreparable harm on spirits and inanimate objects unless doing so is the only way to save my life and/or to execute my orders."
"If and only if you find yourself in a situation in which your inaction will inevitably lead to my death, loss of mind or loss of soul as caused by outside influences, you shall assume that I have given you a direct order to, quote, 'save my life, mind and soul immediately', unquote. You shall not place yourself into such a situation deliberately."
"You shall not harm me, even by accident."

After I have bound Fisrusk with these orders, tell it to follow me and leave the pentacle.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:39:09 am by HmH »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2012, 02:56:33 pm »

No need to go to Lord felsenstein. After the turn you he will send for you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 03:17:08 pm »

((Does bronze also hurt them and damage their essence? Hm...All this wolf thing gave me an idea.))
>Yes?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 03:24:49 pm »

It does, somewhat. If it isn`t too much it won`t affect their essence, though. (Unless he is already weakened.) Iron and silver do the most harm. (In accordance with folk lore and stuff. )

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 03:48:19 pm »

It does, somewhat. If it isn`t too much it won`t affect their essence, though. (Unless he is already weakened.) Iron and silver do the most harm. (In accordance with folk lore and stuff. )
What if there is a really thick leather/bone/cloth/down pillow padding underneath the metal? Wouldn't the dead matter's regenerative effect negate the iron's damaging effect?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 04:12:45 pm »

I have a rather bad feeling that this will go down hill, but might as well try.

Use my new pentacles to summon Pheekque. Once he is summoned give him the below orders.
"You shall not harm any mortal creature, or me in anyway what so ever."
"You shall not harm inanimate objects, or animate objects unless otherwise instructed by me."
"You may only break those rules if a part or all of me is in danger, and at such time you may only do the minimal amount of damage to save me."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 04:35:09 pm »

Hmm... Yeah, he looks right Echelt'l, good ability, nice powers shouldn't be too hard to summon. Now, how do I outsmart it?

Head to the room and attempt to use him to enchant the emerald with the following instructions.

"You shall follow all of my instructions."
"You shall not harm anything except anything that would attempt to harm me or my plans."
"You cannot harm me, my plans or any of my property that does not pose an immediate threat.
"You must defend me using all your strength if necessary."
"You will not defend me if I command you not too."
"You will use any of your powers and techniques when I tell you and as I tell you."
"You will enchant the emerald inside of this silver long sword by imbuing it with your essence."
"You can only violate one of my commands with a willing verbal command from me."
"You shall not lie to me."
"If you discover any plan or plot against me, the next time we are alone you are to immediately tell me."
"If you are freed from this emerald you shall immediately disable any danger I am in and return to the hell from whence you came."

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:38:33 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2012, 12:35:04 pm »

Turn will still take some time; At least it won`t be finished today.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2012, 12:39:09 pm »

Appetizer?  :P
>Yes?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 01:29:46 pm »

There will be fun.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile