Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Summon Demons Turn 2: I, for one, welcome our demon overlords  (Read 10351 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile

You are a Wizard; Able to harness raw magic; Able to let fire rain from the skies; Able to wield powers that lesser mortals can`t comprehend.

Well, that`s what wizards like to tell the lesser mortals. The truth is quite different.

Wizards summon and bind spirits, or demons how they are also called, to their will and let them perform all those magic tasks. No wizard wields any magic power himself; The only thing that differentiates them from the commoners is their knowledge about how to summon spirits.

When and how the first Wizard learned how to summon demons is unknown; But since then only selected, and often noble, individuals were instructed in the ancient art of Summoning.

You are one of those selected individuals; Having received rigorous training from childhood on you are now ready to begin your life as a Wizard.

Spoiler: How to Summon a Demon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enchantments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pentacles (click to show/hide)

Setting: A generic medieval world- humans are the only sentient species aside from demons.

Application sheet:

Name:
Well, your name. Duh.
Appearance: A description how your wizard looks like.
Biography: Your history.
Speciality: Choose one of the following:
1. Pentacle drawing: +1 to drawing pentacles.
2. Summoning: +1 to summoning demons.
3. Glyph drawing: +1 to the drawing of glyphs. You also start with knowledge about a random one.
4. Enchanting: +1 to enchanting items.
5. Animating: +1 to creating Undead and Golems.
Advantages and Disadvantages: Here you can list your personal strengths & weaknesses. Like, being a coward or being especially brave. For each advantage a disadvantage must be chosen, and they should be somewhat equal in value. Please don`t choose more than 3 advantages and disadvantages.

Yes, this was inspired by a certain book series. Looking for around five players- Please note that i`m often quite busy and updates might take some time.

Also, to increase the fun- If one of the players orders a demon to do something the other players and readers are encouraged to notify me of any ambiguities in the order by PM, in case i miss one.  :P

Wait list:

Zomara0929
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:22:57 pm by Lordinquisitor »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Summon Demons
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 01:05:30 pm »

Name: Ander Flasko
Appearance: Grey Hair, Silver Eyes, 6 Ft., Hawk Like Facial Facial Features.
Biography: - Blank - Will be Showed later
Specialty: Animating
Advantages: Faithless, Silver Tongue
Disadvantages: Faithless, Frail
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:56:03 pm by adwarf »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 01:09:06 pm »

sheet going up in a sec.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:39:50 pm by Sinpwn »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 01:14:32 pm »

Please note that i specified the setting- It`s a medieval world with humans as the only sentient species.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 01:16:04 pm »

Sheet done, under the spoiler.
UPD: Changed speciality from Pentacles to Summoning.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:09:15 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »

Reserve. Sheet here. Waiting GM feedback on the character.
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:38:37 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »

The character, caellath, seems fine. ;)
It indeed would be possible to make a weapon out of a demon- After all, most can change their shape- But it would require special glyphs to force them to permanently accept the desired form. One also has to wonder whether making a weapon out of demon would be useful, for iron and silver cut through their essence.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 02:58:55 pm »

So, should I switch to glyph? My character kinda wants to make a weapon out of a very powerful demon, which is not so weak against metals.
Also, comic relief.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

In!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:44:18 pm by Tiruin »

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

Nah, enchanting is fine for that purpose. After all, one might start as well with enchanting normal weapons and move on to something stronger. (Or simply imbue a weapon with much demonic essence..)

And glyphs can be learned from any decent book on the matter, though finding the right ones takes time. And the bonus to glyphs would be nice, but after all- If you get the necessary glyphs you can make a pentacle and test them- If you failed to draw them correctly you can simply make a new pentacle until the glyphs work.

After all, once one has drawn a working pentacle one can use it as often as he wants.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

Character below, feedback would be wonderful.
Name: Renzo Pagliacci

Appearence: Wears peasant clothes and a masquerade mask. He has a distant look in his eyes at all times, however he covers that with a fake warmth. He has dark brown hair with brown eyes. Not particularly strong, but agile, and built like a runner.

Personality: He is cold and distant, however he puts up a mask of being happy go lucky and trusting. He is antisocial, and a borderline psychopath, however, he holds a special fondness for those who are put down upon by those higher and he has a soft spot for children. Thin and average height.

Biography: Renzo was the son of an Italian nobleman, but when their castle was razed by the Royal Army of Venicehe lost his family and fortune. While he was going to join the army to take back his birthright a peaceful conclusion to the war was reached and he wasn't able to obtain the power he wanted. While for a while he was able to restrain himself,acting as a higher level merchant, eventually, though he decided that the only thing he could do was seek revenge. He sold all of his property to a wizard in order to have the wizard teach him magic. Now that his apprenticeship is done, he seeks nothing but vengeance upon Venice,Italy and the Demons.

Specialty: Enchanting

Advantages and Disadvantages:
Scarred (He trusts no one, sees no value to life and feels no remorse, but can act as if he is  normal)

Calculating (He always sees the most logical path, but not the most humane)
Unnerving (He can make other people nervous by revealing how he really thinks and can break down people easier, he is also detecting other peoples mental flaws)
Physical (He trained his body and mind to be able to hunt demons and wizards as efficient as possible)

Distant (He does not trust other people or their ideas, and he finds it hard to make friends)
Stubborn (It's hard to convince him that another way may be best)
Mentally Fragile (He snaps easily, breakdowns and tantrums are common when his plans go wrong)
Demon hating (He does not trust demons at all and hesitates to summon them for anything but making directly improving himself or his equipment)
Devoted: When he finds a lead he will work for hours or maybe even days on end, neglecting himself and others.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:39:39 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 04:41:30 pm »

Ignore post.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:06:45 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 04:48:33 pm »

I guess you got the wrong thread.
Edit: Is it just me or do most of us have narcissistic characters?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:19:51 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 11:43:03 pm »

I guess you got the wrong thread.
Edit: Is it just me or do most of us have narcisistic characters?
Why would anyone who isn't a power-hungry narcissist go through decades of training to get a job that's basically all about enslaving spirits and working them to death?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:34 pm »

Maybe they want to try, and change how the Wizards use their powers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7