Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to be a Herbalist - Apothecary  (Read 10599 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Herbalist - Apothecary
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:44 pm »

So, kill the pig? I veto this action if possible.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »

It seems pointless since you already know what both those ingredients do, Someone should buy a mortar and pestle and try making a potion from finely ground Guinea pig dust D=
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Karzul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:00 pm »

Ok ok, don't feed it to the pig.
Someone should buy a mortar and pestle and try making a potion from finely ground Guinea pig dust D=
I support this.
I hail from the great country of Valverde.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »

take the empty cages and biat them for small mammles.
pick plants while waiting for a catch.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:28 pm »

take the empty cages and biat them for small mammles.
pick plants while waiting for a catch.
I support this, actually, guinea pigs seem to be worth far more than the feeble potions we have crafted so far, why not give some heros blood potions to all of them and breed Guinea pigs?
Or does the local Apothecary Guild Forbid purchasing Pigs from outside guild approved suppliers and their actual value is closer to a few coppers or maybe a silver?
Either way i imagine we're going to burn through quitealot of the buggers and if we can get them to breed we'll save something (just make sure the guild doesn't find out)
Or we could test potions on Wild small mammals to see if they're fatal THEN test em on pigs to determine the exact properties.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

thats what i was thinking.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:59 pm »

But what if we catch small baby ponies?
You wouldn't dare :0

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:21 pm »

But what if we catch small baby ponies?
You wouldn't dare :0
look at the face. And i am a guy. cute has no hold on me. plus, we can heal them. or breed to sell to adventures.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 12:16:13 am »

(2 potions, from the "Nara extracts and mixes two Snowberries, one Longland grass and 3 Frawda flowers. The resulting liquid is 3.5 potion's worth. It is murky and deep pink. Should she make 3, 2, or 1 potion(s)? The thicker the more potent." line.)

Norathra looked at the potion, slightly shaking it to test it's viscosity before deciding to divide it into two equal parts. It was better to be safe than sorry, if she overdid it's effect.

She looked at Eri and Peter with a smile. "How goes the testing over there?"

Create 2 potions of the murky pink variety. Test by feeding a few drops to a guinea pig.

The sound of a high-pitched bell ring echoed through the shop. The person who came in looked confident and filled with a passion to lead. It seemed the current Owner had just arrived!

"Hello there!" She handed over the current list of effects and the inventory. "I suppose you're the new owner of this fine establishment, anything  for us to do?"

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 01:01:26 am »

"Hmmm..."

Peter mixes 1 weeping herb, 2 snowberries, and 1 Hero's blood.

(Is it even possible to mix 2 bases together?)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 11:23:52 am »

Test the new potion on the weakest test subject.

If this works, we'll be in profit in no time.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 02:10:23 pm »

"No! Not the guinea pigs!"

Peter then proceeds to lovingly hug all of the living cute lil' things.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »

@Skyrunner

You should include occasional raids from animal rights associations on the shop.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 04:22:42 pm »

The owner thinks of grinding up the guinea pig statue, but doesn't actually commit himself to it. Yet.

The owner then exits the building and goes-a-herb hunting. He sets up a cage he bought for 1 gp and finds [3] herbs, all of which are [1] kind and are already ones you have found before. It is a Hero's Blood herb, which you know is addictive and quite ... useful.

[4] : [2] field mice are caught in your unbaited cage. Unbaited because you didn't actually decide what to bait it with. You were lucky.

Nora creates two murky pink potions. She feeds a few drops to a random guinea pig. It feels mildly vigorated, and also sexually hyperactive. It claws at the cage door, trying to find another small rodent to hump furiously.

Peter (Ooh, two kinds of bases! :P This has a special mechanic!)

Peter mixes a Weeping herb, two Snowberries and 1 Hero's Blood together.
The result is either one or two cloudy white potions.

Peter only hugs the pigs, and doesn't save the weakest one from being tested upon.

Kyrby feeds a drop to the pig. It squeaks,

Effect, 7 aphrodisiac and 2.2 pet-

and turns into stone. Congratulations, you are now the owner of two guinea pig statues!

@Skyrunner

You should include occasional raids from animal rights associations on the shop.

[3] : No animal rights associations come to visit yet.

Today is the 3rd of Troubard (month 1.
The weather is clear and warm.

((Also, the reason the guinea pigs cost 100 gold pieces is because they tell you the exact effect in numerical data of each potion, and TELL you the effects of each herb. They are quite smart and hard to train. :P I bet field mice won't do that.))

((Note : Please start naming your potions >_< All the color/texture descriptions are confusing, even to me!))

Untested potions

Eri's clear, pink potion (x2 concentration)
Peter's cloudy white potion

Stock
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clear potion of health
Rose-scented navy potion of weak poison
Murky white potion of aphrodisiac and addictiveness
Murky pink potion of excitement and health
2 murky red potions of aphrodisiac and petrification.

Herb effect list

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potions (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 04:47:55 pm »

Question. Do bases have effects in themselves, or do they only give the potions smells and taste?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7