Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stockpiles  (Read 909 times)

pponmypupu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
stockpiles
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:47:51 am »

has anyone experienced anything related to stockpiles in this patch?  a lot of my stockpiles that worked in previous versions suddenly arent.  for example i always make a food stockpile in the food production room that takes in everything food related.  then in my dining hall i have a stockpile setup to take prepared food, plant drinks, edible plants, and cheese only.  this stockpile takes from the stockpile in the food production room.  some more examples, for my current fortress i got lucky enough to land on hematite so i set up a stockpile around my smelter that takes bars of coal only.  next to my forge i set up a stockpile to receive any metal bars.  i have a stockpile just for mechanisms set up and disabled mechanisms from the furniture stockpile.  i have a small soap stockpile that only accepts.. bars of soap.  -NONE- of these stockpiles are working and stuff is just cluttering up in workshops.  when I made a generic noncustom "bar" stockpile it suddenly gets filled up.  I dont get it.  I dont get it at all.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 04:11:28 am »

You know, I haven't personally, but I have noticed an awful lot of forum posts about stockpiles not working since the patch, and custom stockpiles seem to be what people are having trouble with (when they're not having trouble with the demonic Orders menu).
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

pponmypupu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 06:08:28 am »

ah, that's good to know.  ill stick with 3405 for now then.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:23:43 am »

Slap a bug report on the bugtracker, upload your save and link it in the bug report.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 12:07:50 pm »

Hmmm... Guess I'm lucky, I've not had that problem (whew). I don't place anything BUT custom stockpiles...
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?