Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Worst DF random syndrome  (Read 10440 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Worst DF random syndrome
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »

FB-gas causing instant necrosis of exposed areas, especially eyes. Instant eyeless lepers. I call it Roteye.

The title is worst syndrome - not the best :D

Most FUN then?  :P

Eye-rot is one of the most useful syndromes possibly attained. Not to mention this is a contact syndrome - say buh-bye to pain receptors!

Perhaps, but I failed to mention the tantrum spiral that was triggered when the survivors started walking around the meeting halls and stinking up the dining room with their rotting extremities. So much purple...

That's what the military is for ^-^

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 04:09:34 pm »

FB-gas causing instant necrosis of exposed areas, especially eyes. Instant eyeless lepers. I call it Roteye.

The title is worst syndrome - not the best :D

Most FUN then?  :P

Eye-rot is one of the most useful syndromes possibly attained. Not to mention this is a contact syndrome - say buh-bye to pain receptors!

Perhaps, but I failed to mention the tantrum spiral that was triggered when the survivors started walking around the meeting halls and stinking up the dining room with their rotting extremities. So much purple...

That's what the military is for ^-^

The leprous, eyeless military killing rioters who are mad about their unholy, putrid presence? I'll have to get some spin on that...
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 06:14:05 pm »

A frozen extract that caused numbness and then rotting of all external bodyparts, followed by death in a cloud of miasma.

I just had this. They can heal if they get surgery on their upper lip. I have a save with the beast on the map, and I may try experimenting with it. If they don't get surgery they die of infection. I had 35 dwarves out of 125 pile up on the same tile when a blast of extract came around a corner, and they IMMEDIATELY started smoking out miasma. Luckily they were already piled... in the hospital. Unluckily, I only had 12 beds in their, not a whole 35.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 06:35:51 pm »

Mine was in my first serious fort and it was a rot causing FB syndrome. Second worst was one that caused death instantly. Rot was worse because it spread quicker.
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

My very first post on these forums, many moons ago, was about a forgotten beast syndrome which shut down both lungs causing almost immediate suffocation... but only after the victim tried to crawl away in pain, leaving a bloody trail behind it.

Naturally I weaponised it.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12
Pages: 1 2 [3]