Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Worst DF random syndrome  (Read 10451 times)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Worst DF random syndrome
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:43:28 pm »

Simple enough. Just say the worst random syndrome you've encountered. Wierd mist clouds that melt you, to forgotten beast venom that makes you explode.

Edit: This is to see all the horrible effects that can happen to a dwarf. A catalog of sorts. So, get to exposing your dwarves. FOR SCIENCE!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:48:27 pm by Masked_Hunter1825 »

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst DF random syndrome
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:50:47 pm »

A frozen extract that caused numbness and then rotting of all external bodyparts, followed by death in a cloud of miasma.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

omniclasm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:59:41 pm »

acrid mucus rain all the time, all year round

causes death within about 5-10 seconds

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:03:24 pm »

That Frozen Extract syndrome will now be known as Ascendant Plague. The rain will be known as Raining Death.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 07:17:16 pm »

In terms of FB the worst I have seen is deadly FB dust coming out of a FB in a large radius that makes dwarves completely rot everywhere on contact . The other one that was really bad was a FB that left a fire trail behind itself and breathed fire but that's not really a syndrome.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:19:23 pm »

Well, when I was relatively new to DF, I had a FB whose syndrome somehow caused dwarves' arms to drop off. I don't know how it happened or why it was arms and not feet, and I regret not saving the fort to play around with it... but there ya go. Back then, I didn't know that this actually had potential, and that you shouldn't necessarily abandon a fort because you're tired of "Urist McArmless Cancels Pick Up Equipment."

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:23:46 pm »

The FB dust is known as Zombifiy now, and Callista's FB syndrome is "Black Knight Syndrome"

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »

@Callista; Haha your dwarves were disarmed.

The FB in fact made them 'armless. Bwaha.
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »

Hm. Cloud syndrome, causes brain necrosis. I shall call it.. TOO MUCH TV!

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 07:38:56 pm »

I had blistering rain on one map just about year round. Blisters your entire body and your flesh bursts. Death was very quick. Not a single immigrant survived more than 10~ tiles into the map. The evil of the land then resurrected you as an undead.

I've been having some Fun with a terrifying ash cloud. Sometimes it spawns in a small cloud, other times the entire sinister area of the map is one huge cloud (other half of the map is serene, which has normal rain to clean ash coatings). It leaves behind a coating of ash wherever it touched. Anything that touches it is instantly turned into a thrall. The coating on enemies and items can instantly grant thralldom as well. Fun fact: siege parties that turn into thralls will break the siege and happily leave the map.

I have to be very careful of invaders that come from the sinister side, and all dwarves must be in a burrow. Otherwise they'll run out to greet the thrall fisherdwarf who has been fishing for the last 2 years and try to steal his food (which could then turn them into thralls as there are ash coatings nearby)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 07:46:06 pm »

Splitting Flesh Virus and Underworld Ash.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 09:20:11 pm »

A horrid thing that basicly rotted everything it touched. Now, this would not be that bad if the beast was not fought near the only river on the map.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 09:24:11 pm »

Vanilla Rattlesnake venom is plenty horrible as well.

First nausea and swelling, later necrosis. Cue my Hunter getting bitten in the head...

> His head is rotten.

Ow.

Oh, and then there was this one Terrifying embark...

> A Cursed Ash Cloud has drifted nearby!
> The Yak Cow Ash Thrall (tame) kicks Urist McMiner in the head with its left front hoof, shattering the skull, driving the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:27:21 pm by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

ydaraishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 10:03:11 pm »

Zombie dust clouds have to be the worst of all - especially considering how overpowered husks are at the moment. 

I've just had the misfortune of having to protect my fort from zombie unicorns(!!!).  They almost annihilated my melee squad, and the only reason there's no zombie plague going on now is that it rains on the good half of the map.  Not very pleasant.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:03 pm »

Zombie dust clouds have to be the worst of all - especially considering how overpowered husks are at the moment.

HAHAHAHAAAA

Husks aren't overpowered.

They're meant to be that monstrous.

Don't mess with them.
Pages: [1] 2 3