Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weapon traps don't work?  (Read 4841 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon traps don't work?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 09:11:37 pm »

Strange. Use t to check the weapon traps. Could be the traps swallowed three ambushes entirely without you noticing and that every single trap is jammed with a corpse.

Combat logs do NOT appear, by the way, if an undetected creature is killed by a weapon trap.

Edit; in my most recent previous fortress I had a small corridor used by my Dwarfs to put things in the refuse pile and used by sneaks and snatchers to steal into my fortress. Except there was a spinning disk trap. First time I noticed it had worked was when there was goblin blood caking the walls and bits of goblin littering over the trap. Never gave a combat report.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:13:35 pm by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 10:06:28 pm »

ooop, here's a guess.  My weapon traps appear as green when completed and red when they are under construction.  Are these finished yet?
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

banned4trolling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 04:56:47 am »

My mistake - the ambush right there is a kobold ambush, the goblin ambush is upstairs. With kobolds being trapavoid this makes sense.

I have 109 dwarves and no military whatsoever - but if I draft everydwarf I'm assuming I'll scare those pesky kobolds away.

ddonohu2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 05:42:33 am »

Yeah, my dwarfs have no trouble punching kobold ambushes to death most of the time.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 05:49:45 am »

kobolds have no helmets and die quite easily.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 05:50:22 am »

Yeah, my dwarfs have no trouble punching kobold ambushes to death most of the time.

And kobolds have no trouble in stabbing your dwarves in the heart. These bastards must have some damn lucky charms on them.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 05:56:10 am »

well, ofcourse, they are kobolds.

One got spotted by a pack of 8 wardogs and got one hit off before being swarmed and bitten to death and it was a killing blow...
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 06:01:21 am »

One got spotted by a pack of 8 wardogs and got one hit off before being swarmed and bitten to death and it was a killing blow...

Kobolds always deal killing blows. I swear they have some sort of magical heart/lung/brain magnets stuck to their daggers.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 06:14:02 am »

Kobolds always deal killing blows. I swear they have some sort of magical heart/lung/brain magnets stuck to their daggers.

Kobolds, how do they work.

In all honesty, master thieves with silver daggers, they're like a series of interconnected tubes a cult of cute assassins :I

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 06:22:52 am »

Yeah. They make you go "daaaaaaw" while they stab your heart out
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 07:08:36 am »

They usually stab feet in my games.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 01:53:56 pm »

And kobolds have no trouble in stabbing your dwarves in the heart. These bastards must have some damn lucky charms on them.
Large daggers are overpowered — take those away from their entity, replace with spears or maces or something, and the incidence of death of being stabbed once by a kobold will go way down.
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 03:11:31 pm »

Large daggers are overpowered — take those away from their entity, replace with spears or maces or something, and the incidence of death of being stabbed once by a kobold will go way down.

Yup. This is it. Large Daggers are notoriously good at piercing things, which includes both armor and skin.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »

a suggestion:

pasture some war dogs or something before you get to the main trap walkway.... just so that ambushes cannot get that far in, undiscovered.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time
Pages: 1 [2]