Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]  (Read 43399 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 4: Needs More Lasers]
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2012, 01:42:38 am »

Having androids armed with dual autocannons flinging HE and IN rounds at full auto was and still is a thing of fucking beuty.
So what if they had no accuracy.
Wat?.... Why did i never learn this?
I must return to apocland and clean up the slums with +5 cleansing  napalm of dual HE round AC's.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 4: Needs More Lasers]
« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2012, 07:34:15 am »

Having androids armed with dual autocannons flinging HE and IN rounds at full auto was and still is a thing of fucking beuty.
So what if they had no accuracy.
Wat?.... Why did i never learn this?
I must return to apocland and clean up the slums with +5 cleansing  napalm of dual HE round AC's.

Have some info about it.
1 - The sprite seems to carry only 1 gun.
2 - They don't fire both guns at the same time... however it doubles their fire rate
3 - Raiding CoS with this setup leaves little loot (because it gets vaporised).
4 - It works with every gun in the game... double plasmasword hoooooooo!
5 - I think it only works in realtime.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:44:26 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 8: Wartorn]
« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »

Apologies for the dearth of updates lately. Not sure when I'll get back to the next update.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2012, 02:31:41 pm »

Apologies for the dearth of updates lately. Not sure when I'll get back to the next update.

At least you're keeping us informed. I hate it when LPs just fade away in silence.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:28 pm »

Temptation to update... rising...

Not just quite yet, but I imagine it'll be soon. Of course, given that I'm now out of practice with X-COM... well...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 07, 2012, 05:39:48 pm »

A quick practice came up till february/march should get you in shape. That or we shall die glorious deaths! And remember, successful use of smoke grenades can increase individual survival rate of an X-COM ground pounder by whopping 67,3%!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 07, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »

Eh, I've always preferred sending a rookie through doors first; they soak up all the reaction fire and cost very little to replace. If they're carrying an armed smoke and manage to get in, drop it, and get out, so much the better.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2012, 07:42:10 pm »

Update 9: Serpents' Nests

Feb 23rd

Almost immediately after the disastrous terror mission in Karachi, another UFO is spotted. With the Skyranger still refueling, we have no way of dealing with it once it's down, but our interceptors are dispatched regardless.

The craft lands almost immediately, however, obviating the need for fighters but making our Skyranger all the more important. It takes hours to refuel, and I suspect the UFO may depart before we're ready. It does not, but by the time the still-diminished team arrives, night has fallen.

The team quickly files out, grabbing electroflares as they go. The craft is quickly discovered right next to the Skyranger, and a bolt of plasma sails past Dr. Euchre. Efforts at locating it simply by tossing flares fails. A smoke grenade is tossed to one side of the craft for good measure, and the sound of an alien door opening causes McCannonFodder to hurl a grenade next to the undiscovered part of the UFO, hoping to catch something in the doorway.

As Miranda creeps up to the Skyranger's front wheel in an attempt to find the culprit, she discovers one right in front of her instead. It's not a Sectoid, instead being orange and with a serpentine lower body. She murders it almost immediately with her laser, however.

Meanwhile, Dr. Euchre creeps forward a bit, almost immediately spotting the previously hidden alien thanks to a nearby flare. He fires at it, letting the ground and air feel his wrath, before miraculously downing it with a single shot. Whatever these things are, they're apparently not that tough.

As the team prepares to breach the UFO, a third creature is seen slithering around in the barn next to the craft. With a clean shot at the team through the hole Miranda blasted in the wall killing its companion, taking it down suddenly becomes a priority. Stone Cold takes a carefully aimed shot, hitting the wall twenty feet away from him, and the alien responds by blasting the hole in the brick wall a little larger.

Sir Kahn, with no clear line of fire, begins the time-honored tradition of firing at a spot nearby, hoping to catch it in the blast radius. She kills it, lights part of the barn on fire, and then annihilates the corpse in her extended salvo.

Miraculously, that's it; our further sweeps uncover nothing out of the ordinary, and we return with all seven operatives and two new alien corpses.

Despite a slow start and an incomplete team, the mission was a complete and utter success.

Spoiler: Announcements (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 9: Serpents' Nests]
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2012, 07:47:35 pm »

Yay, update!

Is Bane still alive? I haven't seen even a mention of him for some time. Or he just stuck in the back of the Skyranger? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2012, 07:57:57 pm »

He tends to be in the back, yeah. :P This particular mission he was creeping around one side or the other of the UFO, but behind a lot of other people. Consequently, he didn't see any action. I believe he is still on the ship in the screenshots I took.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:52 pm »

Can't wait for the next Maxclone barrage. Muahaha!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2012, 11:17:58 pm »

Y'all got nothin' on my sniping skills :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2012, 01:30:38 am »

: Sir, I'm afraid I've been hogging far too much of the action.  So by all means, please let Bane go ahead of me on the next mission!

Coincidentally, I hate snakes.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:07 am »

Good haul, an intact UFO (if only a small one) with some combat experience for the grunts. One can never have too much elerium. Also yay for snakemen. What are your thoughts on night time snakemen terror missions? Instant mission abort if you come across one or a welcome challenge?

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

Good haul, an intact UFO (if only a small one) with some combat experience for the grunts. One can never have too much elerium. Also yay for snakemen. What are your thoughts on night time snakemen terror missions? Instant mission abort if you come across one or a welcome challenge?
VLADMIRE MAXTER VON KREATINE VON RASSLOR NEVER RAN FROM A FIGHT WHEN THAT FIGHT WAS RIGHT, Oh yeah. I'm gonna show those crabs, MMMmmm. I'm Gonna crack them open from the outside, OH YEAH.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17