Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]  (Read 43467 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 5: Welcome To Hell]
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 10:53:22 pm »

Sir Kahn is a pretty cool guy
She kills aliens & buildings and doesn't afraid of anything

Obviously, what she needs is even more destructive weaponry...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 10:58:52 pm »

I thought you said you were terrible at this game!  :o
Yet here you are wiping out terror missions without a single death! Sure, it's only floaters and reapers, but damn!

Any word on promotions and kills and stuff?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 11:07:42 pm »

Wow, Stone Cold actually hit something :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:44 pm »

I thought you said you were terrible at this game!  :o
Yet here you are wiping out terror missions without a single death! Sure, it's only floaters and reapers, but damn!
I think the fact that everyone's insisted on having an explosive autocannon has helped immensely with that.

Any word on promotions and kills and stuff?
That's actually kind of tricky. I wasn't tracking them while they happened, and the later part of the mission was basically five or six members standing in the middle of the street firing at two Reapers hiding behind buildings. Consequently, while some kills are well-documented, I'm actually a little fuzzy on some of them.

But let's see. The first one was gunned down by Maxclone right next to the Skyranger, then got up and was gunned down by Miranda, so she gets a kill. I think the second one was put down by McCannonFodder, the one in the alley, then the third, standing across the street, was killed by O'Malley. Miranda got a second reaction kill near the gas station and Sir Kahn disposed of the one on the far side of the house right next to the Skyranger. Xenio popped into the house next to the one O'Malley took down, and Commissar Bane roasted the last Floater I definitively remember, being the one hiding behind the buildings with the Reapers.

One Floater, the one in the tiny house near the end, I actually don't remember. I do believe it was someone with an explosive autocannon, but strangely that doesn't narrow it down a ton. Sir Kahn and O'Malley only got one kill this mission and Bob Bunny was elsewhere (specifically, near the building but away from any windows) and had AP ammo, though, so I guess it was McCannonFodder? I could also be remembering wrong and it was Maxclone, but it was definitely a non-grenade explosion.

As far as Reapers go, there were four. One was taken down by Miranda's grenade. One was taken down by GlyphGryph. I want to say one was gunned down by Sir Kahn, but the numbers don't line up, so I guess one died on its own in Commissar Bane's fire and one was taken down directly by him.

Alright, so I guess that's only one fuzzy kill- the Floater in the tiny house. As for promotions, there weren't any, oddly enough.

Wow, Stone Cold actually hit something :P
He's having a devil of a time actually getting a chance to shoot anything, what with all our frontliners surviving and blowing everything up. I'm gonna have to be more aggressive with him in the future. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2012, 11:34:49 pm »

Wait, Bane has been on two successful missions now and gotten kills on both, and he isn't even a squaddie? Guess he'll just have to kick more ass in the future :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:39 pm »

Wait, Bane has been on two successful missions now and gotten kills on both, and he isn't even a squaddie? Guess he'll just have to kick more ass in the future :P
Now that you mention it, yeah, that is odd.

Of course, from his own perspective a mere three aliens slain in two missions is probably fairly terrible. :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2012, 11:44:44 pm »

You only get so many promotions based on the number of X-Com soldiers there are total. So to get more promotions Irony will have to hire more guys. It's a strange system.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »

Now that you mention it, yeah, that is odd.

Of course, from his own perspective a mere three aliens slain in two missions is probably fairly terrible. :P
On the plus side, he's gone two missions without executing anyone. That's a personal best! :D

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:22 pm »

Another successful mission, keep up the good work. I wish I could say the same thing for the poor civilians that were caught in the crossfire. :(

How many were there total?
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2012, 11:56:24 pm »

Hire a "capture" squad - 8 men, armed with nothing but cattle prods and smoke grenades. Send them out on easy missions to capture aliens. They can have their own fun little side story, and WE can get promotions!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 4: Needs More Lasers]
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:12 am »

Hire a "capture" squad - 8 men, armed with nothing but cattle prods and smoke grenades. Send them out on easy missions to capture aliens. They can have their own fun little side story, and WE can get promotions!
: I'm Commissar Bane, and I approve this idea.

Eventually, we might want a second Skyranger purely for the capture team, so the primary squad can deal with the real threats.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2012, 12:12:20 am »

Might want to assign one of us to "command" them and bring a weapon just in case of non-capturable enemies.

Preferably a rocket launcher or equivalent.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2012, 12:14:26 am »

1-2-3-Not-it!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2012, 12:19:38 am »

Another successful mission, keep up the good work. I wish I could say the same thing for the poor civilians that were caught in the crossfire. :(

How many were there total?
According to the mission summary, 5 were slain by aliens, one was slain by a certain X-COM operative, and 10 got to live.

Incidentally, one of the things I mostly failed to mention was the civilians running around. There was of course the one Xenio ran into, who survived, plus at least two in the building next to the gas station- which had one wall damaged by explosive fire aimed at the alley alien (in fact, that's how I knew there weren't any aliens in there- I could see the civilians pacing around). Immediately after the Reaper nearby was slain, one of the stupid gits walked out through a hole on the pump side, near where the Reaper and grenade had been. Believe he walked back in immediately after, but still.

The main civilian hub, however, was oddly right next to the last alien hideout. Basically, the only screenshot of the battle I got was of a building and the surrounding hallways; to the upper right of that, there were two rooms. One is visible on the upper right edge; it's where that one civilian was shot right through the window later on in the mission. The other connected to the room visible on the upper left, which had nothing in it. That room was filled with boxes and led via garage door to the outside, and for some strange reasons civilians were swarming around that building, room, and surrounding grasslands; that's roughly where one accidentally shot by Dr. Euchre, and I was hearing the alien craft/garage door opening sounds all mission long from the weirdos going in and out of the door for some reason.

Now this is fascinating. Would they be recruits waiting at a chance to get into the main squad, or default/mook-named mooks?

Might want to assign one of us to "command" them and bring a weapon just in case of non-capturable enemies.

Preferably a rocket launcher or equivalent.
This is also a good idea. I imagine capture squad overseer would be a pretty dull position, though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2012, 12:24:03 am »

I'd say let raw recruits into the capture squad, using generic mooks if not enough people are on the waiting list. Player characters would have precedence for moving up into the main squad.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17