Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]  (Read 43420 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 2: Just Like 'Nam]
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 09:39:15 pm »

It's probably because Spetsnaz are like the best soldiers, so he needs less kills to get better promotions. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 10:53:21 pm »

Name:Kilroy The Grand
Description:A gentleman & scholar by trade. During his daily ride some alien hoodlum thought it fit to disintegrate his penny-farthing. Filled with gentlemanly rage he demanded to be assigned to Xcom.
Preferences:High strength & throwing
Equipment:High Explosives and a rocket launcher with large missiles.
Behavior: Lob explosives into every window, over every fence, into every building. Those aliens must pay for the damages done to his penny-farthing!
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:37 pm »

Name: Miranda Galena
Description: Even more sarcastic than her sister, and filled with rage at Anja's death. Anja stole her best headphones just before she signed up, then went and got herself killed in them.
Preferences: Throwing Accuracy, Strength and HP, in that order
Equipment: Pistol and 'Nades. Lots of 'Nades.
Behavior: Won't go through a door unless it's been bombed at least 3 times and is covered in smoke.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:22 am »

Having played X-COM before, it was easy to follow the text. And here's another meatshield from the land of vikings: Skjöldebrand. Same stats as Lindholm. Feel free to replace the Ö with O if X-COM doesn't support umlauts.

One tip, in case you didn't know it: having an item in both hand slots while wielding a 2-handed weapon (like Sir Khan did with autocannon and a rifle) incurs an accuracy penalty. I know I used to have people walking around with lazor rifles and grenades primed all the time and wondered why I kept missing stuff.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 04:07:50 am »

One tip, in case you didn't know it: having an item in both hand slots while wielding a 2-handed weapon (like Sir Khan did with autocannon and a rifle) incurs an accuracy penalty. I know I used to have people walking around with lazor rifles and grenades primed all the time and wondered why I kept missing stuff.
Ah, thanks. I was wondering about that, but never got around to testing it.

Of course, in Sir Kahn's case I had assumed she'd end up using her rifle again at some point, which obviously never happened.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 07:46:42 am »

Can you throw smoke grenades to cancel out fire? I know you could in Apocalypse, and the aliens were smart enough to do so, but I never figured it out on this one.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 08:31:07 am »

Name: Alucard
Description: Sarcastic even in the face of death Alucard cannot die,as he merely regenerates.He is quite insane at times and enjoys all kinds of combat.
Preferences: Accuracy,PSI,HP
Equipment: Plasma pistol once we have access to them.Also some grenades and psi equipment
Behavior: He loves being shot and shooting but that doesn't mean he's a idiot that runs right in the alien menace and gets killed.

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:05 am »

Name: Jacen-001
Description: A clone from Cloney Inc designed to breach UFOs and make things safer make less usefull people die.
Preferences: Anything for now, but when power armor is researched an HE Autocannon.
Behavior: Charges wildly into UFOs, follows orders mindlessly, attempts to steal Maxclones glory as much as possible. When it dies, make another clone with the serial number moved forward.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:17:05 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2012, 10:22:08 am »

Name: Jacen-001
Description: A clone from Cloney Inc designed to breach UFOs and make things safer make less usefull people die.
Preferences: Anything for now, but when power armor is researched an HE Autocannon.
Behavior: Charges wildly into UFOs, follows orders mindlessly, attempts to steal Maxclones glory as much as possible. When it dies, make another clone with the serial number moved forward.
Someone's jealous of someone's idea. :P

Edit: No one saw that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2012, 12:11:59 pm »

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.   :P

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 01:50:28 pm »

Heh, I was hoping for KB-I to get at least one kill before getting wasted. Heres hoping II, III and so on manage more wonderful Banzaii actions.
This is a blank sig.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2012, 01:51:15 pm »

Ok since my daemon hunter died so fast i'd like another go.

Option a: Sunnies faith made her rise from her grave to hunt daemons once more (some radom redshirt renamed to Sunny).

Option b: New recruit incoming
Name: Slavsky
Description: Another slavic recruit. His sentences barely resemble english.
Preferences: Str, HP, At least average reactions.
Equipment: Anything heavy but is very fond of laser weapons and will use a Heavy Laser is he can get his hands on one. 2 provy grenades and flares.
Behavior: Likes booby trapping doors with proxy nades. If his weapon has a Burst setting he will use it exclusively.

Option c: HWP (when availble)
Name : MTSeries 9 (i don't really remember if you could assign names to HWPs)
Description: One the abandoned Military Mini Tank projects. Due to their small size it was necessary to use a sophisticated AI instead of a driver. The AI itself while still respecting the 3 laws of robotics is prone to becoming insane and actively seeking it's destruction in battle. More can be ordered from Ivory Tower Corp or manufactured at X-Com workshops once they reach a required minimum tech level.
Preferences: Built in and standarized.
Equipment: Built in (laser weapons would be cool and rockets are even cooler)
Behavior: Provides cover for soldiers (rocket HWP) and/or scouts (Cannon Laser Plasma) for aliens but may become insane and start spraying munitions all over the presumed location of the enemy. Often uses built in speakers to shout profanity at enemies and requests them to show themselves. If any human in it's immediate area is endangered the MT will rush to his aid with no regard of it's own safety.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:10:03 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2012, 05:23:00 pm »

: Excuse me, Commander.  I was going over the information from our last battle, and it appears that certain minimum strength scores are recommended for heavy weapons.  I suggest at least high twenties for our heavy weapons troops, although thirty or higher would be preferable.  On the bright side, lugging around excess gear is great for increasing body muscle mass, so we can expect to see great strength improvements in any of our heavy weapons soldiers that survive even one mission!

For the sake of my research, could you please post unit info for anyone that improved?  I'd like to see if I've gotten better with ol' Pety. 

*Strokes pistol lovingly.*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2012, 06:46:22 pm »

Also, how about research? I vote lazorz.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2012, 06:52:07 pm »

Lazorz are the awesomest research.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17