Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE! [Update 11: Rainbow Nation]  (Read 43407 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: X-COM! ULTRAWUSS MODE!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 12:43:03 am »

Name: KB-Series Combat Droid(s).

Description: Designed to be armed to the teeth and highly expendible, these droids appear to like causing massive explosions, and killing things. Sometimes this even includes the enemy.

Preferences: Any combination of stats that lead to Banzaii glory and death moments wold be fine.

Equipment: Heavy weapons - big machine guns, explosives, grenade and rocket launchers.

Behavior: Exhibit no self preservation at all whatsoever. Run at the enemy all guns blazing at each and every opportunity. Of course, whatever bits can be recovered later can be recycled into a new droid...
This is a blank sig.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 02:00:55 am »

Name: Oscarre The Wilde

Description: Oscarre is your standard British gentlemen. In fact, he might be two, as he has split personalities, Cary Elwes, and Stephan Fry. And occasionally, they do both speak at the same time, making this cool thing with two voices.

Picture:
Note: When adding the picture, always put [(img width=50)]!

Preferences: Much like this, thank you.

Equipment:  Any variety of rifles will do, but ultimately heavy plasma or a blaster launcher in desperate situations.

Behavior: Cautious, often letting his teammates spot for him.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 04:04:36 am »

Name: Dr. Euchre

Description: A scientist who joins X-Com to boss around other scientists.  Hates field research, but acknowledges it as the only way to obtain dominion over his fellow scientists.

Preferences: Anyone can be a doctor!  Besides, each replacement is going to vary widely anyways.  (Rumor has it that "Euchre" is actually a title, not a name.  Crazier rumors involve robots, hive minds, etc.  Real name may even be Pat.)

Equipment: Pistol, grenades (smoke and regular), flares, med-kits when we have them.

Behavior: Provides smoke for self and allies, hangs back to treat the injuries of allies (even when he doesn't have a medkit!)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 04:48:09 am »

As a reminder, we're still lacking a base name and location.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 05:33:52 am »

Base Location: Egypt
Base Name: Pyramid Defense Base 12

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:35 am »

Woo, an X-COM LP. Let's hope this one survives a bit longer than the previous few.

Base Location: Italy
Base Name: House of Savoy

Name: Lindholm
Description: Your average alien killing Nordic conscript.
Preferences: High reaction fire and non-low bravery would be nice, but not mandatory.
Equipment: For his/her role I would prefer a spotter/scout. Not the expendable first rookie charging inside an UFO, but instead spotting targets for snipers/heavy weapons. For his/her equipment: pistol and plenty of grenades (both smoke and explodey kind).
Behavior: Use of smokes to cover him-/herself and rest of the squad. If forced to engage the aliens, will attempt to use superior volume of fire by rapid firing the pistol and throwing numerous grenades when possible. Despite his/her vanguard position, Lindholm doesn't have a death wish so keep that in mind when picking squaddies for suicide charges. Due to humble conscript origin, he/she will upvote anything the ranking commander votes when it comes to research goals.

And for God's sake tell me my trooper's gender once he/she is dwarfed so I can stop using double pronouns.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 02:26:27 pm »

LocationVotes
Northern African DesertII
EuropeII
EgyptI
ItalyI

NameVotes
Base 12II
Pyramid Defense Base 12I
TartarusI
ThermopylaeI
MorthomeI
House of SavoyI
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »

I vote Base12 in Europe, preferably with as much coverage as possible.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »

Coverage meaning "the center of Europe" or "someplace with a lot of trees?"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 03:02:42 pm »

Coverage meaning "the center of Europe" or "someplace with a lot of trees?"
Somewhere where we can gain the most favor with the countries surrounding us. Maxclones are expensive.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 03:03:50 pm »

Posting to watch. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

For a base location, right next to Berlin always works. Plenty of Europe, the good part, to cover there.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:20 pm »

Ah, I see.

Incidentally, that's probably decisive enough for me to begin. Normally I wouldn't count 4:3 as decisive enough for the Africa:Europe question, but given the low opinion count I'd say it's good enough.

Also, I normally use 12 soldiers, which means we'll have a random mook with a sane name and stats nobody wanted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:35 pm »

I guess I'll take him, then. Just give me a bit of time. (I thought you already had a full roster. >.>)

Name: Sir Kahn
Description: Kind of a dimbulb, but friendly.
Preferences: A male with good accuracy.
Equipment: Pretty much anything is fine, with a slight emphasis on heavy weapons
Behavior: Always runs to help out any of his allies in trouble, whether or not its dangerous or contradicts direct orders
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:34:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 05:38:47 pm »

Update 1: Introductions

1st January

Base 12 is now up and running. Located in the middle of Germany, the site is ideal for giving timely responses to threats over Europe. Or at least, as one recruit tactlessly put it, "the good part."

Going over our crew's equipment requests is mildly alarming; there's a decided preference for explosives and heavy weaponry. Several snipers and support staff round out the crew, though.

I proceed to order a large quantity of equipment, including far more explosives than is going to look good on our reports, as well as ordering the remainder of our recruits and scientists flown in. I also order construction of another storage facility and living quarters, an alien containment facility, and a large radar station to complement our smaller one. Needless to say, our vast monthly budget is quickly dealt with.

Suddenly, before we can so much as get all of our personnel in line, a UFO is spotted. It's very small, low, and slow, and we quickly order an Interceptor to take it down. I nervously begin reviewing our current forces, noting that several of the pyromaniacs will have to make do with small arms. Unfortunately, while the UFO is quickly shot down, I equally quickly lose track of it in the ensuing chaos. Whether it was blown up in mid-air (which I doubt), crashed into the sea, was lost in the trees, or merely recovered extremely quickly I'm afraid I can't say. Whatever the case, our first, presumably easy, but off-balance mission is canceled, and we await more thorough preparations.

I believe our first shipment of equipment says a lot about this operation.

Perhaps not surprisingly, having all this heavy equipment lying around taxes our storage capacity. It still fits, but it doesn't all fit in the base, if we needed to completely empty the Skyranger for some reason.

Our personnel arrive shortly thereafter.

((My apologies if those screenshots are too small; they're quite readable to me, and easier to take than full-sized ones.))

Commander Irony: Okay, what the hell. Why is there a six-pack of enourmous teal-filled tubes in here?

Lab Tech: These are Maxclones, sir. The manual is right there on your desk.

Commander Irony: Maxclones, let's see... Heavy weapons, 'mental stability and function rapidly degenerates under stress,' 'pyromaniacal tendencies,' suggested method of dealing with them is putting them down. What in the hell is this garbage? You want me to throw heavily armed lunatics into a delicate situation and then get ready to shoot them when they inevitably go berserk?!

Lab Tech: Are you saying you don't like science, sir?

Commander Irony: ...urgh.

Upstanding British fellow. Has that sort of cautious sensibility that I appreciate.

Go-getter heavy.

Valiant but not suicidal forward scout. Apparently she was conscripted, which I guess is the only way we could get people to run ahead into the alien-filled darkness.

Commander Irony: ...are those headphones?

Anja: Do you object to soldiers being shot at to music, sir?

Commander Irony: ...I guess not.

Urist: Vodka is necessary supply, yes?

Commander Irony: ...I did get your request for that, and I did order some, but...

Urist: Vodka is necessary supply. You are good commander.

I'm a little nervous about him being armed with an explosive autocannon.

Sunny: Iam ready to hunt Deymons, sir. Preferably from far away.

Commander Irony: ...well, you're in the right place.

Another cowardly sniper.

Duty bound commander type. Will make a good subcommander if he lives long enough.

Bit slow, seems friendly enough. Not certain that's a good combination for alien hunting, though.

KB-I: KILLBOT REPORTING FOR DUTY SIR.

Commander Irony: ...I see. Not shy about shipping me unstable prototype soldiers, are they?

KB-I: REQUIRE TARGET FOR KILL ACTIONS, SIR.

Commander Irony: In due time, Killbot. In due time.

Cowardly powermad doctor whose only business on the battlefield is attaining a high enough rank to bully lesser scientists into doing things his way.

I like the cut of his jib.

Thus concluded our initial introductions, basic equipment acquisitions, and first fumbled chance at doing our jobs. The only thing left to do was wait...

((Second update will likely be soon after, but I decided to take a break for now and get this up.))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:56:47 pm by IronyOwl »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17