Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Food Hauling bug(?) in 0.34.06  (Read 834 times)

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
Food Hauling bug(?) in 0.34.06
« on: March 24, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »

So I've been running this fort and approaching 5th year in game (if i remember rightly) and well, something odd seems to have happened. All my dwarves seem to have just stopped hauling food(except plants from fields). They wont put it in the stock piles. I've remade the stockpiles a few times, and changed the settings etc to see if it would help. But no!

I am sad because I just lost 400+ meat from a titan and some Dralthas because no dwarf will put it in the stockpile. I have spare barrels and rock pots. I have a ton of dwarves idling. None have any medical issues. I am somewhat confused.

I have another several 200+ meat/intestine/lung etc etc waiting in the butchers that none of them are touching. ARGH! They haul it as soon as it's rotten up to the refuse piles

Anyone have any clue what I might have done?? Or have I managed to trigger some strange bug?
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Tahlin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Food Hauling in 0.34.06
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 01:48:04 pm »

Are you using a food stockpile that doesn't store seeds, and a seed stockpile alone? Because when I use that, my dwarves stop dragging food to the food storage. Dunno why.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
Re: Food Hauling bug(?) in 0.34.06
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 01:57:08 pm »

nope, just to make sure it wasn't something like that before I posted. I replaced the stockpiles to make sure they had 'standard' settings. Deleted them al and only had one, and still nothing. The dwarves seem to haul everything else fine. >:L bad dorfs

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
Re: Food Hauling bug(?) in 0.34.06
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »

HUGELY EMBARRASSING.

I'd managed to turn the food hauling 'off' in the orders menu. Absolutely no clue how I've done that without knowing!

Sorry for the fairly pointless post now :) I was panicking trying to save all my food :)