Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Motivating your Military  (Read 6712 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Motivating your Military
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 05:23:45 pm »

Is there any greater motivation for a dwarf than having the opportunity to fight and die for one as glorious as I?
Yes, fighting for me! Slaughter the rabble!

Woah there, lets not get ahead of ourselves. I'm sure fighting for you is a very neat experience, but the experience of fighting for me is somewhere in between absolutely orgasmic and unbelievably life-fulfilling. Not to mention, the added pride boost that comes with being able to associate oneself with me gives a 3+ stat increase to your Elitism level.

Fighting for me is not for reward of ecstasy - they fight for freedom of suffering and worry!
All who associate themselves with me get a 5+ stat increase to apathy!

Hah, freedom! Those who fight for me have no need for freedom! Being under my command is an honor of the highest respect, and spilling blood in my name is a joy of the purest form! Every order I give is like a gift from the heavens themselves, and those fighting for me blissfully live for the sole purpose receiving such gifts.

Really, who needs freedom when you have someone as loving and intelligent as me telling you what to do?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:53:01 am »

^^ This is how tantrum spirals start.  :P

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 10:05:01 am »

Motivation ? Does a dwarf needs any other motivation than the thrills of battle, the glory of combat and the lust for blood ?

My dwarves go to battle by blindy charging on, with smiles on their faces, praising Armok and swearing doom for they enemies !

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »

Hah, freedom! Those who fight for me have no need for freedom! Being under my command is an honor of the highest respect, and spilling blood in my name is a joy of the purest form! Every order I give is like a gift from the heavens themselves, and those fighting for me blissfully live for the sole purpose receiving such gifts.

Really, who needs freedom when you have someone as loving and intelligent as me telling you what to do?

Freedom comes with free doors.

Free doors.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 04:21:30 pm »

The mortality rates in my fortress tends to keep my population around 70-90. And I follow the lives of my Dwarfs obsessively. Plus I check their attributes often to see how they're doing, and SO HELP ME IF I FIND THEY'VE MADE GRUDGES.

How can they fight alongside each other if they fight among themselves?

Orwellian fortress?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 08:51:25 am »

The mortality rates in my fortress tends to keep my population around 70-90. And I follow the lives of my Dwarfs obsessively. Plus I check their attributes often to see how they're doing, and SO HELP ME IF I FIND THEY'VE MADE GRUDGES.

How can they fight alongside each other if they fight among themselves?

Orwellian fortress?
The very best.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 09:54:25 am »

It also generates happy thoughts when a grudge dies ^-^

if you don't bury the guy though, the surviving one will get a bad thought when he's put in the hospital after being 'attacked by the dead' lately.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »

It also generates happy thoughts when a grudge dies ^-^

if you don't bury the guy though, the surviving one will get a bad thought when he's put in the hospital after being 'attacked by the dead' lately.

Burying the dead doesn't keep the dead dead. An axe does though ^-^

More practice!

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 05:03:10 pm »

Nah, Dwarfs with such rivalries are the first to explore the uncharted caverns, AKA the Jabberer Breeding Grounds.  :D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
Pages: 1 [2]