Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Nation Should we play as?

Bar - Reunification of France
- 6 (46.2%)
Persia - The empire rises again (again)
- 2 (15.4%)
Wallachia - Unite the Slavs under Vlad XXXIII's rule!
- 2 (15.4%)
Wu - Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere
- 1 (7.7%)
Ming - Headed straight for fascist revolution
- 0 (0%)
Netherlands - Manage the greatest empire in the world
- 0 (0%)
Japan - Take the northern islands back from the dirty Nanban!
- 1 (7.7%)
Other - none of my choices are good! You're an awful person!
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Victoria 2 AAR: A World DissimilAAR BRIEF INTERMISSION WITH STORY  (Read 18282 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria 2 AAR: A World DissimilAAR Chapter 2: A Tour of La Cote D'Azur
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 08:47:21 am »

Heh...I'm going through the same thing myself right now (importing EU3:DW games over to Vic2). Be fun to watch and see how your game sorts itself out economically.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 01:48:38 pm »

Is it that tiny green strip on the bottom of Europe? The one with Marseilles? It must have HUGE colonies to be more powerful than Great Britain or Ming.

It's actually not. Prestige at this early stage counts a lot more than an army or industrialization. Auvergne had a bunch of prestige and that was the only thing keeping it up.

Also, Ming has the highest score currently. But, because they're uncivilized, it doesn't count.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:41 am »

From that last screenshot it looks like Bar is ranked 8. How long does it usually take to recognise a country as a great power?

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 07:12:22 am »

There's a lag of six months for the usurped great power to regain its spot before it officially loses it.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 05:16:27 am »

Which is pretty doable, unless you're losing out due to crappy Industrial Score.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 02:34:40 pm »

I've been lazy, and haven't wrote an update for 1842-1844. While bored in class, though, I wrote a story!

Nancy, Bar

Pierre Haubertain gazed out on the bustling street. From the second floor of his building, he saw the many carriages that rolled through the capital's streets. He relit his pipe, filled with Dutch tobacco, and took a long draw, letting the smoke float around his mouth. For generations, his family had owned the boulangerie that occupied the first floor of the building. As a child, he remembered gazing into the glass display cases, admiring the patisseries baked by his uncles.

As the oldest son, he had always been guaranteed ownership of his family's building. Now, though, he had reached a crossroads. His country's recent exploits had brought much attraction to the capital, and with more people immigrating every month, it was only a matter of time before his property was worth more than what his great-grandparents - or was it his great-great-grandparents? - had paid for it. His family, while certainly able to take care of demand, was growing restless, tired of the same business. His two sisters had gone north to work in the textile factories, while his brother, always the brash one, had enlisted in the military. If only his brother has waited a bit longer! Pierre put the pipe down, his vise on it talon-like, and wished for his brother to be home.

He thought of the days when he and his brother were children. They attended Lutheran church every Sunday, as his parents were devout believers. The carefree days of childhood, spent in the warm Burgundian sun, always seemed to be the best of days. Those were the days before this sudden leap into the unknown. Now, though, he had to be ready. He was ready to decide on a course of action, and by God, he was committed.

"M. Haubertain, etes-vous pret? Jules Groniau, his driver, was standing in the doorway. Pierre had almost forgotten: he had one of those newfangled locomotives to ride.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]