Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92500 times)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #675 on: October 28, 2012, 01:45:49 am »

Could the shop have possibly been made with the wood of a wrecked ship?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 28, 2012, 04:25:30 am »

It isn't that small Urist - It is large enough to at least have a cabin/enclosed room of some description after all.

You could potentially push it back into the water, but you probably wouldn't be able to pull it out of the water.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 28, 2012, 04:28:17 am »

Oh, editing my turn really quick then.

EDIT: TURN FIXED

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 28, 2012, 04:38:07 am »

Does the jungle stretch as far as I can see in both directions?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 28, 2012, 04:54:56 am »

Yes, it is jungle as far as you can see - but the shoreline isn't straight.

It's roughly this sort of shape of the coastline - The red dot being vaguely where you are.

He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 28, 2012, 04:55:56 am »

Alrighty then. Editing my post to include an action.

Phrenet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 28, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »

I would like to join, if possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 28, 2012, 03:00:19 pm »

I don't know you from anywhere, do I? Your name seems vaguely familiar.

Phrenet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 28, 2012, 03:24:52 pm »

Hmm, Not as far as i'm aware. The only other places I used this username were Guild Wars 1 and Space Station 13.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 28, 2012, 03:26:47 pm »

What SS13 server? I use LLA myself.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #685 on: October 28, 2012, 03:51:12 pm »

me too :)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:38 pm »

Some questions...

The APC...
Adding armor. How does that work? 1 scrap adds 3-5 durability on a new "skin" with no limit?
Does armor affect the speed?
How bad is it to drive on the damaged treads?
Are there any concern about damage to treads on paved roads?
Is it a soft top or fully enclosed metal?
Are the cab and passanger compartment accessable to each other from the interior?
The 6/1 Gatling gun...
How is it fired? On a bipod? Tripod? Do I have the tripod if it has that? Can it be fired from the hip? What is the recommended crew for optimal deployment time with the weapon?

The AIM Warrior
I assume the Warrior requires a tripod if I want to use it off the vehicle?
Can I link belts together/make them with links and rounds or is it going to be a ammo magazine treatment of belts?

The AIM Paladin...
Can a gunsmith feasably repair it with the right equipment or should it better be labled "scrap rocket launcher parts"?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:02:46 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23:36 pm »

Adding armor. How does that work? 1 scrap adds 3-5 durability on a new "skin" with no limit?

The Armour plates are treated as new 'parts' that have their own health, and protect whatever it is they're covering. These would be pretty important to keep small arms fire from plinking away at the parts of the actual vehicle. You did have armour plates on the APC before this little incident, but they're all gone now - Either destroyed or left behind for a little extra speed for the getaway.

Does armor affect the speed?

Yes, the individual armour plates do of course have weight, so with too many it would start to effect the speed.

How bad is it to drive on the damaged treads?

As long as you get them fixed relatively soon, it shouldn't become that much of a problem.

Are there any concern about damage to treads on paved roads?

Much less of a concern than it is for driving on dirt roads and such.

Is it a soft top or fully enclosed metal?

Soft, hence the very low health and resistance.

Are the cab and passanger compartment accessable to each other from the interior?

Yes.

The 6/1 Gatling gun...
How is it fired? On a bipod? Tripod? Do I have the tripod if it has that? Can it be fired from the hip? What is the recommended crew for optimal deployment time with the weapon?

Tripod, the tripod is included with the weapon 'item' - It can't really be fired from the hip and it's designed for use by a single person 'crew'.

The AIM Warrior
I assume the Warrior requires a tripod if I want to use it off the vehicle?
Can I link belts together/make them with links and rounds or is it going to be a ammo magazine treatment of belts?

It does not require a tripod/bipod, but without it the recoil would add up very quickly - So it'd be ineffective unless you were quite strong. However, a tripod/bipod is not included with the weapon 'item'.
For now, the belts are just treated as magazines.

The AIM Paladin...
Can a gunsmith feasably repair it with the right equipment or should it better be labled "scrap rocket launcher parts"?

A very, very good Gunsmith - potentially. So it's pretty much scrap parts for repairing any future rocket launcher you get a hold of.

And a question for you: What sort of place would your 'Headquarters' be located in/at?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 06:40:34 pm by Aninimouse »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 28, 2012, 06:49:41 pm »

Probably a large city with airship and sea traffic, probably located in an industrial area.

(Edit: I doubt it'd have much substance. Probably just a converted garage with some bedrooms, a rec room, and an office I imagine. Sensitive file storage (like past clients and stuff) is all done off site in the manner I described in my initial history PM, and they'd be out on mission a lot, so no reason for anything fancy.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:01:47 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 28, 2012, 07:55:13 pm »

Mostly due to the Level Cap increase - I've changed stats a little. (Trying to get as much of this kind of stuff done before people actually start gaining levels.)

Every 2 Strength will give you an additional 1 Max Damage with Bows, and every 5 Strength will reduce weapon recoil by 1 - However, recoil can't be lowered below 50% of its base value.
Also, the base Carry Capacity has been reduced again - Down to 60.

The Agility requirement for Attack Speed has been reduced to 3.

The base hunger value has been doubled - And 1 Endurance gives 8 Hunger instead of 5.

The Intelligence requirement for Casting Speed, was increased to 6.

Also, if anyone was curious:

Levels 2-20 give you 2 Stat Points per Level, 21-40 give 3, 41-60 give 4, 61-80 give 5, and 81-100 give 6.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57