Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92508 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #660 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:44 pm »

i suggest running like hell.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 27, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »

You were exploring that abandoned Factory/Mining facility with the mystery enemies lurking around. (WIth the goal to use the Factories and Mine as your own after clearing them.)

This map might freshen your memory:

He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 27, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »

It's helping, which way is the factory I started in?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 27, 2012, 08:18:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's the one to your right in the map. The one to your left was a warehouse.
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 27, 2012, 08:23:09 pm »

Righty-do then, thanks!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 27, 2012, 09:02:24 pm »

So, Urist:

I'm guessing the faraway place Gragrar comes from is a bit more 'Old-Fashioned'? If it is, a bit of an explanation regarding exactly how behind in Technology they were could be a little useful to me, so I know what would be strange/new to you.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 27, 2012, 09:16:43 pm »

I would probably describe it as 15th-early 16th century Europe. So he would know about the original Handcannons but not much further than that.

EDIT: Also, is my character sheet supposed to be in this post: Post #362
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:37:49 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

To Everyone:

I think I'm going to make a pretty drastic change to Modieval. Increase the Level Cap, and soften the Leveling Curve a little.

To Urist:

Yes. Not sure if you've noticed yet, but it's there now.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2012, 11:08:14 pm »

To Everyone:

I think I'm going to make a pretty drastic change to Modieval. Increase the Level Cap, and soften the Leveling Curve a little.

To Urist:

Yes. Not sure if you've noticed yet, but it's there now.

*starts cackling maniacally*

No, really, I'd love it.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2012, 11:29:00 pm »

Well the Level Cap would be increased to 100. Which would be pretty much be Medieval's Level 20 - Demigodhood.

The Level 20 system worked well with Medieval, but with how Modieval works - I think it'll just end up causing some problems with progression.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:31:19 pm by Aninimouse »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 27, 2012, 11:33:02 pm »

So wait, effective demigodhood is around level 20? In that case, level 100... Wow. Even without magic, that's pretty powerful.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 27, 2012, 11:34:35 pm »

Demigodhood would be around level 100 now.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 27, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »

So wait, effective demigodhood is around level 20? In that case, level 100... Wow. Even without magic, that's pretty powerful.

No, stat gain increased by leaps and bounds in Medieval, so a 20th level character was effectively a Demigod. An equivalent level 20 Modieval character, which would have been roughly as hard to attain, is much weaker; hence why Anonimouse is thinking of raising the level cap to 100. A level 100 Modieval character is roughly the equivalent of a level 20 Medieval character.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »

Oh, that makes more sense- I never played Medieval.

EDIT: so about how much easier would levels be easier to get, by combat-time comparison?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 27, 2012, 11:54:49 pm »

Well it's not so much the power that made me want to change the Level Cap, (Which is still a soft cap, by the way.)

It was that the curve in the difficulty of leveling was too steep, given how little power it gave compared to Medieval. Also, some changes to equipment and stuff were kind of useless if you went through upgrades to them so quickly.

Going by the Experience requirements alone;
Levels 1-8 are pretty much the same as they were before, but then Levels 9-50 are what the journey from 9-20 was.

But there are a few things that this change will actually help speed up leveling with - Leveling skills for instance, still gives the Skill Level*10 Overall Experience bonus - So you can rack up a good bit more experience with that. (Leveling a Weapons Skill from 0 to 20 for instance: That's much easier now, and will rack up a combined 2100 Bonus Experience along with all the experience from the guys you killed getting to that level.) Also, I'm going to be a lot more liberal with the awarding of bonus experience for completing both 'Quests' and hidden/random objectives.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 57