Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈  (Read 92335 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ≈'Modieval' The Forum RPG - (OOC Thread)≈
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 01:19:22 am »

No disclaimer, no context, just sudden character history. Works for me. This is probably the first character history I've seen set in the first person.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 01:30:07 am »

An engraving on the tomb of Sinclair Nilnekod

My name is, or was, Sinclair Nilnekod. As a "reward" for finding this tomb, I'm going to tell you my story, as you have no doubt noticed by now that this little room holds no valuables for you. I was born in Lanirkadol, a dwarven settlement to the west, if it no longer exists. I was raised simply, as an apprentice to my father, who was a bookkeeper. I wanted to follow in my father's footsteps, but I knew I would never be satisfied counting meaningless statistics for people I never cared about, I wanted to learn, more specifically, learn about the rumors of "black magic" and "walking corpses" that the sheep that called themselves my neighbors so gossiped about. So one day, I ran away. Not an entirely dramatic affair, I must say.
I traveled through the human towns to the northeast, doing what I could to get by. One thing led to another and I had eventually gathered enough knowledge and money to start my life as a true necromancer, getting a house built in the seclusion of the mountains. Time passed and I grew stronger still, honing my craft while getting by selling herbs and wolf pelts to the nearest town.
I eventually grew bored with this lifestyle, as I do most things, so I decided to try my hand at adventuring. After one to many brushes with death, I decided to address the issue of my frail mortality. Journeying to the mountainhomes and to this very spot, I constructed this modest tomb you stand in. Using all of my knowledge, enacted a spell reminiscent to the ritual of lichdom, with some minor variations.
This place itself is enchanted, forever drawing my broken bones to one resting place and keeping them safe until I rise again.

It also has a neat little spell for muting certain kinds of sounds, like a stone slab being pushed aside.

There's a reason I made these runes so small.

Look up.

Yes, that was a pretty good idea for Bio/History format. It'll probably end up being one of my favourites along with the character sheet that was a Wanted Poster. :P

Spoiler: Big Image (click to show/hide)
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 02:43:27 am »

So, let me know if anything appears to be wrong with the Character Sheets. (It is pretty late here, after all.)

And some Feedback on the new Item/Equipment system would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:45:54 am by Aninimouse »
He'd killed a man before one time, with his bare hands, and he could do it again, if he put something in his bare hands like a knife or a gun or something that he could kill somebody with.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 02:46:47 am »

It looks all right, but why do I have a shirt on my head? :P Also -and more seriously - do we start with weapons?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:24 am »

It looks all right, but why do I have a shirt on my head?

I knew that was going to happen to someone. Strangely enough, I remember typing "Sally's Hat"... Did I accidentally make someone else wear your hat as a shirt? XD

:P Also -and more seriously - do we start with weapons?

Yes, you just don't have any on you at the moment. You do start out at your home on the ranch after all, so there's bound to be suitable weapons stored somewhere.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:46 am »

So, let me know if anything appears to be wrong with the Character Sheets. (It is pretty late here, after all.)

And some Feedback on the new Item/Equipment system would be nice.
It seems that my phone browser has "Nilnecod" instead of "Nilnekod" for corrections, so you can fix that in my history if you want. Everything looks good other than that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:18 am »

Nope, no else has it. And that makes sense. ^^^ I'll have to grab something before I leave home.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 05:35:42 am »

Reserving~~
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 06:42:20 am »

Reserve

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 03:13:47 pm »

We still teaming up, SerCon?

Aninimouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »

We still teaming up, SerCon?

I did place you two relatively close to each other, in case that was still the case.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »

If you want to, we can give it a shot.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 03:32:55 pm »

It might be easier for me to reach your ranch than it'd be for you to reach where I am, so you can do whatever while I find out how to get there.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 03:47:12 pm »

Sure. I can always shoot bottles or something to practice. ^^^

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »

Caboose traveled the world for about 12 years, so he might already know where to find the ranch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57