Si
- 0 (0%)
Oui
- 1 (25%)
Ja
- 2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Virtual Monsters 2: Revenge of the Black Plague  (Read 4427 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Virtual Monsters 2: Revenge of the Black Plague
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:27:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chapter 1: A World of Discovery
Update 1

You get out of bed. Its a wonderful day. The birds are singing, the grass is green, the sky is blue. Unfortunately, its March. There should be snow outside. A lot of snow.

You cast the thought aside, and hear your mother calling from downstairs. Mail, she says. Since when do you get mail? Then you realize its your 16th birthday, and nowadays, everyone mails their gifts.

You dress into a T-shirt and Jeans, and head downstairs. A small cardboard box sits at the bottom of the stairwell. Brown, but aged, you bet it was from grandpa. The old nut always trying to get you to play his games. They're too strange for you, to be honest. But you'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.

Heading upstairs into the privacy of your room, you commence in the traditional -tear it to pieces- ceremony with the box. Inside is a small, orange device. Is it a cellphone? No, it doesn't flip, and it has these buttons....

One of the ones you press causes the device to activate, and the words "GamePerson Deluxe" stream across the screen. Oh. Its one of those ancient things. Like from 20 years ago or something. Grandpa must have saved it for my 16th birthday. Well, the old man means well.

You start a new game. It asks for your name _______

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of things have changed in the world of Virtual Monsters. And I've dropped a lot of tedious features.

1. Suggestion Game. Multiple people rarely works, because you become reliant on people. Therefore, one protagonist.
2. More choices, no time management. As a suggestion game, time management is irrelevant, since I don't need to keep people in sync. That means go across the town and back in one update, and so on.
3. Food/Water/Sleep management. Tedious and pointless.
4. May or may not drop out night. It may play a role. I'm not sure if its worth it to keep it in.

Notable things that are still in:

1. Money. You will make and spend money.
2. Pocketbooks and all the old items.

Finely, the plot will be revealed as time goes on, so don't feel a need to read the old thread(Note, there wasn't much plot to start with). I will, attempt, to make the plot beforehand(I have a broad idea, mostly everything in this update will be relevant instead of just filler). I wish for this to be semi-serious, so please keep that in mind. I will be hesitant in doing anything out of character for the protagonist. Oh, and if you haven't guessed, the protagonist is female.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:29:42 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Monsters 2: Revenge of the Black Plague
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:10 am »

No interest?  :(
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:56:54 am »

I have some, I was just going to post a name when I got Home.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:14 am »

Joe Smith

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:59:21 am »

Jana Doe

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:08:09 am »

Ok, I want to name get my character from the last game, whatever it was.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:21:17 am »

It was Rani

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update 2

You enter your name, Rani, into the device. You skip the boring introduction. Something about living with Virtuamons in peace. Yawn.

Then the screen goes white. Stupid thing is broken. You get up, about ready to trash it, when your ears start resonating. Its a white noise. Before you can locate the source, you black out.

----------------------

You smell pine. Fresh pine. Something neighs in the distance.

Opening your eyes, you realize you're in some sort of wooden room. It has not aged well. The bunk beds have fallen in, the ceiling has water marks, and you see cockroaches scurrying about. There is a downward staircase off in a corner.

In the center of the room is a question mark, like the holograms back home. At least, you assume you're not home anymore. It flickers, as if damaged. The GamePerson Deluxe is no where to be found.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 06:21:49 pm »

I didn't get to play the previous incarnation of this, but I'm interested. Forgive me for not being genre-savvy (so to speak) if I make a mistake. ^^;

Investigate your surroundings a bit more, then approach the question mark. Cautiously.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:55:53 am »

Update 3

Investigating around a bit more, you notice a small window tucked behind a pile of 'bunk bed'. Opening this glass window, you see a large town, and below you is a marketplace. Strange creatures and people, who may or may not be strange, walk about.  A cold breeze blows through the window. You can see a frigid ocean to your left, waves rippling on the coastline.

With that in mind, you approach the question mark. It doesn't respond to your presence until you get within a foot of it. The image changes into a woman, and the hologram is becoming increasingly unstable.

"You must....feat....pion...der...me....." and then it blacks out.

You head downstairs. All the rooms are trashed. You make out a bedroom and a kitchen, but beyond that nothing is recognizable. Near the door, you presume to be the exit, you find appropriate winter clothing and a backpack. Inside the backpack is a bag of coins and a strange device. You change into the winter clothes and examine the coins. They say VC on one side, and the other shows the image of a person. He is surrounded by strange, powerful looking creatures. He kind of looks like your grandpa, when you think about it, but much younger. You count the coins. Some have the number 100 on then, some 10, and so on. Either way, they add up to 500.

The device is cubicle and gray. On one side of the cube is some sort of light projection device, you think. You store it in the backpack for now.

Opening the door, you see that it is noon. The marketplace is bustling with activity. There appears to be any thing you can imagine being sold here. Looking right, you see an out of place warehouse, much larger than all the other buildings. While all the other building are made of wood, this warehouse is made of some sort of metal. Signs of rust can be seen, even from this far away. To your left, you see two shops that stand out from the marketplace. One has a bag of coins as a sign, and the other a red cross, the sign for health.

The ringing of a blacksmith can be heard in the distance. His apprentice is likely selling weapons and armor in the marketplace.

You could....

-Browse the market place for a specific item. It seems they sell weapons and armor here.
-Enter one of two shops to the left.
-Explore the Warehouse to the right.
-Ask someone a few questions.
-Something else?

---------------------------------------------
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 12:39:17 pm »

>Obviously, the first thing you should do is ask someone where the hell you are.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 02:03:32 pm »

>Obviously, the first thing you should do is ask someone where the hell you are.

^This.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »

^This.
2nd
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »

Update 4

Where am I? This obviously isn't home...did that pony have icicles in its tail!? Ok. Not home. Lets ask one of these friendly folk.

You walk up to a market tender.

He immediately bombards you about how his wares are better than the competition, and leaves no room for you to even ask the question. You're not even sure what he was selling. Some kind of strange, wooden game.

You realize no one is going to help you at this time of day, at least in the marketplace. The bustle is too quick for someone to take the time to talk to some teenage girl.

-----------------

Searching around for a bit, you do find some sort of 'main intersection' in the marketplace, if you can call it that. There's a well and a map. The map is very damaged from the weather, though you can make out a few things. You are currently in...Littleleaf. South from here is Bigleaf. Beyond that, there's too much damage to make anything out. People must not travel around much if the map is so unneeded.

You are left with....

-Browse the market place for a specific item. It seems they sell weapons and armor here.
-Enter one of two shops to the left.
-Explore the Warehouse to the right.
-Something else?

-------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:13:43 pm by Orb »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:23 am »

Look through the wearhouse. they usualy have free stuff when abandond
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: [1] 2