Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9047 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 6.0 (Turn 6! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »

"Hey, you okay down there?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »

"Still alive! Apparently, I've hit a roadblock. A moving roadblock."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2012, 01:36:44 pm »

"Well, I can't see what other ways there are out, might as well go down. Out of the way, dude."

Break Robert's vine/kick him off the vine then jump down after him.

;D
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »

"Is saying 'please' every once in a while going to kill you? See you on the other side."
Let go of the vine before Tannen gets a chance to show his overly violent intentions. Ride the slippery slope.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2012, 02:20:34 am »

Break some brances with leaves on them from the hedge or bush what ever it is and try to make some torches before I enter the hole because I want to be able to see down there after making some torches use a leafy branch to as some thing to use to jump down the hole and sit on
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2012, 03:54:22 pm »

Okay, I am apparently really bad at explaining certain things.

Okay, so imagine that you are falling down a tube. The tube slowly narrows on one side. Eventually, this makes it so that you are sliding down the tube instead of falling.

Derp, maybe I just needed to try explaining it again. ;-;

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »

So is it...
_    ___________ <- Ground
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |<--- Wooden panel
 \   |
  \  |
   \ |
    \|<--- Point of "Oh Shit no"

Or is it
_    ___________ <- Ground
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |<--- Wooden panel
 \    \
  \    \
   \    \
    \    \
     \    \ <---- etc, etc
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:35 am »

((Draignean fixes everything  :P

I wait with veiled apprehension as to what I am to face.))

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2012, 06:01:16 pm »

The wooden panel is on the side that you are sliding down; it was closed when you went past it. Also, it is the second one.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:11:25 pm by Logic »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2012, 08:09:57 pm »

((Oh C-C-Crabsticks!))

Do anything in my power to stop falling or sliding at a dangerous speed! Look for any handholds or footholds.

Slide.

Still going with this, then.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2012, 11:27:09 am »

((Oh dear me, I thought I'd already stuck an action in here. Forgive my lateness.))

Fred watched as the emissary jumped down in the yawning pit. He didn't know where the hole led, but he didn't know where he was either, so there wasn't any difference in staying or going- except in the fact that the only ally he knew he had was already venturing down the hole. The emissary might have warned him not to follow, but Fred had never been much of one to heed warnings. The old man sniffed, hitched his robes, and hopped as spryly into the hole as his scarred leg would allow him.
    Gravity went on vacation as Smith plummeted behind the emissary, guided eventually into a gentle but uncomfortably fast skid by the hole's (though hole now seemed far too mild a word) twisting nature. Fred was aware he was traveling far too fast, and the faint scrambling shape of the emissary informed him that it thought much the same. He could slow down now, but that would leave the one who helped him to fend for himself, and Fred Morgan Smith was not a man who would let his debt slide so easily.
    Shifting up onto his feet, Fred leaned forward, settling his center of gravity into the gaping slope of the tunnel. The emissary had jumped in first, speed was imperative.

Not quite so sane action: Surf style slide to reduce surface friction until I reach Tyrin, then grab him with my legs and open up my clothing to form a rudimentary drogue parachute and slow us both down.

((EDIT: Screwed my brakes up, edited with the proper kind of brake.))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:31:56 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2012, 02:44:31 pm »

TURN 7

((Re-ordered to reflect the relative positions in the slidey-hole))

Bob McNobody
Apparently you're the most sensible one in the group, because you're the only one who thought that it might be dark down there. You look for any branches suitable for making into a torch. (Rolled a 4) You find 2 branches that you could easily make into torches, so you try to light the bundle of leaves you stuck to the top of one. You do this with two rocks. (4+1) You easily light it; it doesn't look like it will go out any time soon, even if you tried to put it out. After that, you look for a very leafy branch to sit on while sliding down the hole.  (Rolled a 6!) You find one that looks sturdy enough, and you jump down the hole. However, the lit torch catches your platform on fire!

Theodore Morris
Deciding that, since nobody who has jumped in has died yet, a jump into the hole won't kill you. You follow the other people down the hole.

Tannen York
You go to break the vine holding up the guy clogging the hole, but he lets go himself before you get to it. You jump down after him.

Robert Addler
You let go of the vine, because the fall seems safe enough. You can kind of see the old man and that guy who jumped in without thinking

Fred Smith
Your plan to slow yourself and the emissary down with a makeshift parachute probably would have worked well, except the emissary has stopped himself by grabbing onto something! Deciding that you should slow down to minimize the damage from the crash into him, you open up your robe-parachute a little early. You still crash into him, but it only causes some minor bruising.

Tyrin Irene
You don't want to fall into the unknown, so you try to look for something to stop your fall. (Rolled a 6!) You easily find a root growing out of the wall in front of you, but you are unable to pull yourself up to avoid the other people. The old man crashes into you, and now you are both wedged in the hole, with the other people coming towards you. ((Robert will be added to the clog next turn unless you unclog yourself fast enough))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »

Continue falling down hole.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

Theodore Morris tries to use his athletic ability to hold onto the sides of the hole and control the descent instead of falling, allowing Bob to fall past him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:21 pm »

Release grasp.

Fall nobly downwards while apologizing to Fred.

Edit:
...that guy who jumped in without thinking
((I thought about that! Just for a second before jumping in...))
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10