Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9063 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 3.0 (Turn 3! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »

The old man stooped to nip off a few of the yellow flowers with his teeth, chewing them slowly and methodically. Pallbearer's Lanterns, not potent painkillers, but they were renowned for their ability to cleanse magical energy, and the sooner he got the dirty red threat of the communist magic out of his system, the better.
   After chewing the flowers Fred returned to quiet consultation of the area around him, this was indeed a strange place, but he had friends whose senses soared through the ether- friends who just might aid him if he called in a way that they could hear.
   Setting his feet square, Fred gathered in deep breath. He had never been fluent speaker of the language of the fanged folk, but he had taken several correspondence courses over the years. His old lungs strained to the limit, Smith released the air in a series of sharp syllables, calling on the aid of all of the Fanged Folk who could hear him.

Sane Action: Chew the flowers to relieve the pain in my hands, then cock my head to one side and bark like a dog.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »

>Share knowledge of my findings! Berries! We have food!

>Follow the others going through the hole! Examine the place afterwards.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2012, 03:37:36 am »

Follow the junkie, as he turns out to be a pretty good leader after all. See if there are any stashes in the bushes while I'm crawling through the hole.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2012, 03:41:39 am »

If you don't stop calling me a junkie I'll stick a mutagen pill down your throat. >_>
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2012, 03:57:38 am »

If you don't stop calling me a junkie I'll stick a mutagen pill down your throat. >_>
Is that supposed to be a punishment? I was going to do so at the very beginning of the game.
Besides, my character doesn't know your name and doesn't know you're referring to yourself as a gambler. How could he call you anything but a junkie?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:04 am »

Is that supposed to be a punishment? I was going to do so at the very beginning of the game.
Well, then why don't you just ask my character for one then? I mean, you could definitely convince my character, just as long as he knew that you know the risks.

Besides, my character doesn't know your name and doesn't know you're referring to yourself as a gambler. How could he call you anything but a junkie?
I'm pretty darn sure I've never referred to myself as a gambler.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0 (Turn 1!)
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2012, 04:29:12 am »

Well, then why don't you just ask my character for one then? I mean, you could definitely convince my character, just as long as he knew that you know the risks.
Because I meant it out-of-character. It would be highly uncharacteristic for a master thief to ask someone-who-looks-like-a-junkie for one of their wonder-pills, especially after finding out that they carry a freaking grenade on them. It would be even less characteristic for my character to ask for a random mutation, as he doesn't know about the law of even dice-based distribution of successes and failures that governs this universe, and thus thinks he'd be much more likely to grow tentacles than become invisible. Thus, he wouldn't swallow a mutagen pill voluntarily.
I, however, do, and would gladly guide the thief to swallow a pill in his ignorance, or be forced to eat it, or even snort it by accident, and thus reveal - even, perhaps, get addicted to - the flesh-forging power of those particular wonder-pills.

Your interpretation of the riddle speaks otherwise.
To the gambler: Continue dealing;

Tarran.
Since you could have said that in-game as well as out-of-character, I'm pretty damn sure you've referred to yourself as a gambler at least once.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0 (Turn 1!)
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2012, 04:48:22 am »

Your interpretation of the riddle speaks otherwise.
To the gambler: Continue dealing;

Tarran.
Since you could have said that in-game as well as out-of-character, I'm pretty damn sure you've referred to yourself as a gambler at least once.
The reason I interpreted it is because of the first page saying I'm a "Genetic Gambler". I myself have never actually called myself a gambler. Others have, but not me.

It was outside of the game, regardless. I didn't want to bother waiting for you to give it to me. And a bit of laziness also had a part.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:50:55 am by Tarran »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2012, 05:17:16 am »

Hm. Plan A for solving our confrontation about Tarran's character's name, Persuade Tarran to Reveal It In-Game, seems to have failed due to the abrupt derailment of the argument on the matter(may it rest in peace).

Fortunately, I have a plan B, Provoke Tarran's Character into Ranting About His Name:
junkie junkie junkie junkie junkie junkie junkie

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26:42 am »

Is that in context or outside? You seem to be wanting my character to tell you his name via through the fourth wall.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2012, 06:04:29 am »

Is that in context or outside? You seem to be wanting my character to tell you his name via through the fourth wall.
Actually, no, I'm tricking you into finding your character an excuse to do good on your threat to force-mutate me.
...Oh, wait. I overcomplicated it, didn't I? I'll give you a straight line this time, just to be sure. If your character doesn't say his name after that, I'll have to call him a junkie for the rest of this RTD.

On the other side of the shrubs, Robert pats the dust off his pants and rather tactlessly commends the pathfinding abilities of... well... that guy with the pills:
"I can't help but notice that you're very good at protecting your pockets and finding ways around obstacles in record time. Suspiciously so. Almost as if you're spending quite a lot of time in the city's underground, Mr. Not-An-Addict. Are you sure these mutagen pills are actually, you know, mutagenic?"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:13:38 pm by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2012, 12:32:37 pm »

"Yes. I'm sure. If you doubt me, you can try one assuming you're willing to know the risks involved."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2012, 01:20:07 pm »

"Yes. I'm sure. If you doubt me, you can try one assuming you're willing to know the risks involved."
"I'll try it, if only to be sure you won't suddenly go all crazy on us with that grenade of yours. What happens to me if it is a mutagen after all?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2012, 01:30:38 pm »

"This is a random mutagen. There is no telling what it will do to you. If you're lucky, you'll gain some beneficial mutation with no drawbacks like, perhaps, night vision. If you're unlucky, you could... I don't know, have your arms replaced with tentacles. Or lose your legs with no replacements. Perhaps it may only change a unnoticeable part of you. I cannot rightfully say, just expect anything."

And with that, Tannen handed the foolish thief a pill.

"If you still want to eat it, stand back from the group in case the mutation is dangerous to those around you. Otherwise, hand me back my pill."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2012, 02:00:13 pm »

"I'd rather risk becoming a spaghetti monster than blindly trust a man who carries a grenade on him. Stand back, everyone, I'm doing it."
Swallow the pill. Strongly visualize myself becoming transparent, just in case the mutations depend on one's state of mind.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10