Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9065 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0 (Turn 1!)
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »

With his hands wounded there was little Fred could do but survey the area to which he had entered. It seemed, on the surface anyway, to be the inside of some ruined structure. Great columns and broken statues rose up around him, stretching up in a last vain effort to pierce the now-starry heavens. Small plants pushed their way up through the cracked stone floor, defacing an elegant mosaic of a young soldier breaking a wild tank to saddle.
    There was no evidence of the communist wizards or of any other living things, but Smith sensed that the spirits around were growing stronger, more... real. Unfortunately not much mattered if he couldn't put his hands back in working order.
   Striding around the ruined area Smith began to poke through the small plants and ivy vines for any herbs of medicinal value.

Sane Action: Investigate the room, look for something to help my poor hands.

((My god, the rolls, they are terrible for me.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0 (Turn 1!)
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 08:12:23 pm »

((Man, I am proud of that sonnet I wrote.  :D))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 2.0 (Turn 2! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

((According to the sonnet, an insane man is a savior.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2012, 08:34:33 pm »

((That was a really funny story; read it a long time ago.

Also, I wasn't thinking about it when I wrote that sonnet. ._.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:32 pm »

Show the key to everyone in the party, inspect it including the string.

Wrap my hands in handwrap and begin examining the flowers and plants nearby.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »

TURN 3

Tannen York
((I already put told you what was past the hole in the shrubs, so I'm going to have you inspect shrubs in a different area)) There doesn't seem to be a way into the small area past the hole-in-the-shrub, so you go to inspect some other parts of the shrub wall. (Rolled a 5!) After just a few seconds of looking, you find a tunnel through the garden's wall! It looks like everyone could crawl through it, but only one at a time. You can't see farther than a few feet past the entrance, though.

Robert Addler
You don't seem to be able to figure out the note you found, so you give it and the black box to someone and tell them to figure it out. After that, you climb the garden's wall. (5+1) You get to the top after a short climb! You can see a small area past the shrub wall, but the shrubs are blocking the floor. Very far away, you can see a moving train. It looks like it is far below you. You begin climbing down, and just as you are about to get to the bottom, you slip! You sustain minor bruises, and a cut on your leg from a rock.

Theodore Morris
You decide that you need a weapon, so you begin a search. (Rolled a 5!) There aren't many weapons you could possibly find in a garden, but you do find a few rocks that you could throw or sharpen.

Fred Smith
You look around the strange ruins for any herbs to help your hands. (Rolled a 4) You didn't find anything that, say, healed broken bones, but you did find a few flowers that should ease the pain you are feeling.

To everyone else, the old guy picked up some weird flowers with his teeth. ((How else would he pick them up?))

Bob McNobody
Being the intelligent, tech-savvy guy you are, you look around the area for anything that runs on electricity. (Rolled a 3) Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything like that here.

Tyrin Irene
After passing around the strange key you found, you take a closer look at it. (Rolled a 3) The key is very ornate, with small designs on it. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting involving the string, though. After that, you take out the handwrap you always keep with you and wrap it around your hands, then you begin another search of the plants nearby. (Rolled a 4) You don't find very much, although you did find some berries.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:04:31 pm by Logic »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 3.0 (Turn 3! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 03:19:50 pm »

Follow the noisy people. Again. If they do not move, just sharpen those rocks.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:37:59 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »

((Follow them where? You are all in the same room.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »

((They are going down that hole.))
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »

Tannen York
((I already put told you what was past the hole in the shrubs, so I'm going to have you inspect shrubs in a different area))
...You only mentioned a dark corner past the shrub. You did not mention that there was nothing else. A corner to me made it sound like I didn't see the entire room. And from what I can tell, my character only had a quick glance last turn.

Oh, and you probably could have just told me instead of making me waste a turn.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »

check the black box for a keyhole or something
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2012, 06:07:01 pm »

Tannen York
((I already put told you what was past the hole in the shrubs, so I'm going to have you inspect shrubs in a different area))
...You only mentioned a dark corner past the shrub. You did not mention that there was nothing else. A corner to me made it sound like I didn't see the entire room. And from what I can tell, my character only had a quick glance last turn.

Oh, and you probably could have just told me instead of making me waste a turn.

((Sorry. I'll tell you from now on if I think you misread or something, like I thought there.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

Crawl through the shrub hole and look around.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2012, 06:26:10 pm »

Waitlist meh!

Name: Ivan Morov
Physical Description: A tall man, Ivan is past his prime. However he is still in rather good shape. Unfortunately he gets tired quickly.
Bio: An ex-spetsnaz operative, Ivan came to the USA to escape after the cold war. He was living under a false identity until recently, spreading communist propaganda.
~Inventory~ (You start with one slot for an item in each pocket, you may only put in small items that you could conceivably have been carrying around)

Left Pocket: Glock 17

Right Pocket: Box of 50 9mm rounds
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2012, 06:42:26 pm »

Name: Devon Dixon
Physical Description: An A black young man who claims to be of no race. He wears a worn, zip up, light gray hooded jacket and black pants. His hair is short and his face is allays either emotionless or in a lost daze.
Bio: Always said to be in the twilight zone, he has a habit of muttering about things in an overly complex manner and has to really motivate himself to do any quick movements. Other than that, once he believes he can do something, he is difficult to stop, though the opposite can still be said when he is halted, and he tends to figure complex things out quite quickly, since he thinks that way anyway. He also has a thing for chocolate. Like an unnatural attraction that eats at him until he eats it. He claims that is got him into being a slave once.

~Inventory~ (You start with one slot for an item in each pocket, you may only put in small items that you could conceivably have been carrying around)

Left Pocket: Sonic screwdriver he tried to fix to act like the ‘real’ one

Right Pocket: MP3 player and headphones full of “motivational” music of many genres

We had the same Idea.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10