Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9067 times)

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0 (Turn 1!)
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2012, 03:21:33 pm »

TURN 1

Tannen York
The walls don't seem to be very strong, so you prepare to kick one down! (5+1) The wall collapses f4rom the force of your mighty kick! However, it was just the wall next to the window. At least you don't have to break the window, now.

Robert Addler
The failure to open the door clouds your judgement with thoughts such as "They think I am useless now!" and "I forgot to feed my cat this morning!" You remember that there is a button, and, thinking only of the praise you'll receive if something good happens, you press the button! (Rolled a 6) The ceiling panel slides open, and a cardboard box falls out. The panel closes.

Theodore Morris
The old man broke his hand trying to punch through the window, so you step in to examine it further. (5+1) From what you can tell, it is a completely ordinary window. However, whoever painted it did a bad job. The window is painted shut, and the lock is also stuck by paint!

Fred Smith
Damn commie wizards! You force your hands into the gate matrix, hoping to shatter it. (Rolled a 1) The red magic is too powerful! Your hands are severely injured, and the gate is unchanged.

To everyone else, the old man yells something about communists then breaks his hands punching the window.

Bob McNobody
After the weird thief-guy pressed the button, you decided to examine the panel further! (Rolled a 6) You jump up to examine it, and, in the short amount of time you had, you see that the panel is completely flush with the wall, and the crack between it and the ceiling is too small to force open with anything as large or larger than a knife.

Tyrin Irene
You decide to tell everyone about what you have found, but you were to busy examining the room to notice that they already knew all of that stuff, so you decide to stay quiet.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2012, 03:24:28 pm »

"Oh yeah. Come on everyone, this way. And someone please grab that cardboard box before we leave."

Exit the room. Inspect surroundings.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 03:24:54 pm »

((How did Tannen get that bonus to kicking?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 03:30:20 pm »

OOC: [5+1] [6] [5+1] [1] [6] [No roll].
I see what you did here.

The cardboard box is obviously a reward for pushing the red button! Gleefully take the box and peek into it.
If it's empty, fold it and carry it with me: everyone knows that cardboard boxes are the best disguise in the world.

Also, follow the grenade-carrying junkie.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 03:32:44 pm »

Follow the noisy people.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 03:52:28 pm »

((How did Tannen get that bonus to kicking?))

((I should say it is to make the guess that someone made come true, but it was really because I got the characters mixed up.))

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »

walk outside
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 01:22:11 am »

Exit the room through the hole in the wall and inspect surroundings.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 02:31:26 pm »

Fred recoiled at the strength of the protective energies, feeling something in his hands go terribly wrong as the communist magic attacked them. At the same time, however, a separate section of air several feet to the left of the closed gateway collapsed inwards. A coincidence, and attack, or a side effect of his attempts?
   Regardless, Smith needed to do something about his hands before he traversed that gateway. Gingerly he poked one hand with the other, muttering prayers to the Lord of Chinchillas in attempt to secure aid for his injuries.

Sane Action: Attempt to remedy my hands at least slightly (put the bones back in the right spots, etc), then walk through the Hole Tannen made.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 2.0 (Turn 2!)
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 03:57:58 pm »

TURN 2

Tannen York
Feeling confident after kicking down the wall, you stride out into a small garden. The ground is covered in many varieties of small flowers, and, on the far side, there is a thick wall of shrubs. Again deciding that just a glance isn't enough, you begin a careful search of the area. (Rolled a 3) You find that the shrubs seem to be too thick to just walk through, but you also find a small hole in one! You look through and see a dark corner with a hole in the ground on the other side.

Robert Addler
A gift from the gods! You pick up and open the cardboard box. You find a small, black cube. There is also a note!

Black stone cube, begotten from the ceiling.
Taken by a thief, who just wants respect.
To the gambler: Continue dealing;
for the core will die with much more neglect.
A pocket of sunshine, temporal stone;
an insane old man, savior of the land.
The bane of the world will have to atone,
if it is to live past this jolly band.
Sporting Royalty, heir to the kingdom;
the assassin must make a mournful choice:
if the rovers wish to keep their freedom,
the giant will lose the power of voice.
A box, a cube, a mysterious twist,
the likes that Shyamalan wouldn't resist.

Theodore Morris
You don't have anything better to do, so you just walk through the hole.

Fred Smith
Argh! You tried to move the bones back into place, but it just made it worse. (Rolled a 2) You wince as you walk through the hole in space.

Bob McNobody
You walk outside, doing nothing else.

Tyrin Irene
You walk outside and begin a search of the area! (Rolled a 3) After much searching, you find a small key with a string attached! You don't find anything else interesting, though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »

Search the area, especially for any weapon. Follow them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:14:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »

look for anything remotly technological
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 04:27:53 pm »

Look through the hole in the shrubs. Don't go through them, though.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »

What a twist!

Show the note and the cube to everyone in the party. Give them to those who think they can solve the riddle.
Use my thief-skills to climb the outer wall of the place that we came from. Looking from the higher ground, see if there is anything of interest in the shrubs and beyond. Report my findings to the party.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »

I can certainly understand some of the riddle.

Black stone cube, begotten from the ceiling.
Taken by a thief, who just wants respect.
To the gambler: Continue dealing;
for the core will die with much more neglect.
A pocket of sunshine, temporal stone;
an insane old man, savior of the land.

The bane of the world will have to atone,
if it is to live past this jolly band.
Sporting Royalty, heir to the kingdom;
the assassin must make a mournful choice:
if the rovers wish to keep their freedom,
the giant will lose the power of voice.
A box, a cube, a mysterious twist,
the likes that Shyamalan wouldn't resist.

HmH.
Tarran.
Draignean.
Tiruin.
Caellath.
NoahTophatz?
Talking about the cube.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10