Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9064 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 11:07:48 pm »

(Oh, actions now?)

Smith surveyed strange balcony on which he found himself, clear blue eyes watching the penants of unknown sign flap in the autumnal breeze. A breeze that did not bear the scent of his homeland.
   Fearless, with back straight and eyes bright he looked up to the sky above, watching as the seven suns tracked their way across this sky. This was his world, but this was far from his place. He had been taken.
   Finding himself alone on the balcony he reached into the pockets of his richly ornament robes, his gnarled but strong hand closing around the cool, hard surface of his greatest charge. Raising the opalescent stone to his eyes he peered into its depths. The Stone of Time was not something to confer with lightly, but he was far from home and in need of guidance.

Consult the Stone of Time for Answers!

(And yes, I'm hallucinating wildly. Crazy People are such fun.)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 11:13:55 pm »

((It didn't say turn 0 or turn 1 and we're all giving actions already. Interesting.))

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »

((we have the location and we have who we are thats all you need to start.))
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 11:48:04 pm »

EVERYONE STOP.

Jesus people, he did not even mention the game starting.

If someone says that he is going to start a, say, party, and you know where, but you don't have the date, you don't go several freaking hours or days early.

((It didn't say turn 0 or turn 1 and we're all giving actions already. Interesting.))
Oh really, you just noticed.

((we have the location and we have who we are thats all you need to start.))
As a GM I say that you are wrong.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 06:50:06 am »

Oh, er... why wouldn't the game start? You already know where you are, and we have all the people.  ???

What else would you need? Never GM'd an RTD before.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 07:13:55 am »

Try giving a warning and putting something like "Turn 0" or "Turn 1", it would work for me. All the confusion is because we were not sure if we should post.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 07:27:05 am »

Oh, okay. Well... post turn 0 actions? As a reminder, you've woken up in a small room that has a window, a door on the opposite wall, and a button near the door. I've gotten actions from Draignean, Tiruin, HmH, and Noah.

Edit: Also, Tiruin, I assumed he was a gangster because he is young and had a pocket knife. :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:35:21 am by Logic »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 08:06:49 am »

Theodore examined the area around him. His mild confusion was quickly replaced by calm sharpness. Whatever had happened, getting confused would be of no help.
He looked around scanning for immediate danger and then looked through the window.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 08:43:19 am »

((Maybe change to title too, it's under 'Subject' when modifying a post.

Edit: Prince of Tennis. YEAH! ^-^ Handwrap could be used to ease grip on objects, to warm the hands, to cushion them from blows when punching or sparring. It could also be improvised as a bandage or tourniquet.))
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:45:15 am by Tiruin »

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 0.1 (Turn 0!)
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:28 am »

((Now we just wait for Tarran. :D))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 01:46:09 pm »

Oh, er... why wouldn't the game start? You already know where you are, and we have all the people.  ???

What else would you need? Never GM'd an RTD before.
It's like having a, say, party. You'll want to say it's starting or else nobody knows if it's started yet.

"Hey, HEY! Get away from my pills! They're DANGEROUS!"
Fight Robert for the pills. Punch him if need be. Or even spill the mutagen pills on the floor. DO NOT LET HIM GET THE BOTTLE!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:03:55 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 11:15:00 pm »

"That's the REASON I'm taking them away from you! I'm not letting anyone OD in the same room with me, and you look like you've taken a bunch already! What are these, codeine? Valium? Phenazepam?"
Robert spat the last word with disdain. He never liked junkies. He absolutely hated 'chemist' junkies, the kind who used dirty, unprofessional methods to, say, recrystallize phenazepam into a more concentrated form they can put into pills. 'Do-it-yourself' types were so messed up that you simply couldn't rely on anything with them: one moment, they're best friends with you, and the other, it's a robbery and they had a pistol all along. Not to mention they tended to give off an overall impression of an industrial sewage pipe: loudly burbling, blackish-green and stinking of some unnatural shit.
Speaking of which... on a closer look, the man didn't seem like an addict at all. His pupils were contracted, his teeth were in pristine shape and his breath smelled normal, his reflexes were almost as quick as anyone else's. Maybe the pills were just his medication or something? Maybe. Or maybe he was just new into this shit. Either way, Robert wouldn't stop fighting now, not unless he knew for sure these pills are not drugs. Maybe if he sneaked a good look at the bottle...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:55:20 pm by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 11:23:19 pm »

"They're mutagen pills, and they're my property. Get your hands off of it! You cannot possibly comprehend the potential danger of these pills!"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 11:55:08 pm »

"They're mutagen pills, and they're my property. Get your hands off of it! You cannot possibly comprehend the potential danger of these pills!"
"Mutagen pills? You don't say. Mistook you for an addict, here. Not a good kind of addict: the kind that thinks grenades are a good self-defense weapon."
Robert didn't believe his opponent, but if he wanted to make a good impression on the room's other occupants, it was either now or never.
"Anyway, now that we know these aren't drugs, please have your mutagen pills back. Have a good day!"

New Action:
Return the pills to Tannen. Hurry to the door and examine its lock, see if I'd be able to pick it open.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 12:03:37 am »

"If I were an addict on these pills I would have twenty eyes, have five hundred tentacles in place for my arms and legs, and have pretty much no internal organs. As you can see I am not an addict.

As for the grenade... I don't know, I just felt like I needed a grenade on this particular day. I usually carry a flashbang, but for some reason I felt the need to carry an actual grenade this time."

Twiddle thumbs while everyone does their thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10