Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9048 times)

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 3.0 (Turn 3! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2012, 08:32:46 pm »

TURN 4

Tannen York
The hole-in-the-wall you found seems promising, so you crawl through it! You arrive in a small, dark area behind the shrub wall. There is a hole in the ground. Deciding that this isn't enough information, you decide to look closely at the area. (Rolled a 6!) You don't find anything interesting, but you did get a bite on your nose from an ant.

Robert Addler
After a short discussion with the addict-guy, you decide to swallow one of his highly dangerous, nucleotide-changing pills! (Rolled a 6) You were thinking about invisiblity, and now you kind of feel a little transparent, but you can't see the ground through your arm.

At least you didn't get cancer, like you probably would have if this had been real life.

Theodore Morris
The other people you found in the same room as you crawl through a tunnel they found, so you decide it would be a good idea to go with them. You arrive in a small area with a hole in the ground. The entire place is behind a section of the shrub wall.

Fred Smith
The flowers you found have an almost immediate effect! The pain in your hands slowly fade a bit, but they are still broken. Deciding that you need more assistance, you call for a fanged ally! (3-1) The barks echo a bit, but there is no answer.

Bob McNobody
While the others go to check out the corner area, you begin to inspect the black box! (Rolled a 3) It is completely smooth, and there are no variations in color. Even if it is scratched with something, the mark disappears as soon as you look away.

Tyrin Irene
Berries! Yay! Berry party time!

With that out of the way, you begin the crawl through the tunnel. After everyone scrapes their knees a few times on the stone floor, you all end up in a cramped, shady area behind the shrub wall. You can see a hole in the ground that you might be able to drop down. You think there might be more stuff here, so you begin a thorough examination! (Rolled a 2!) You can't find anything interesting. You don't think there was anything, anyway.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 4.0 (Turn 4! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2012, 08:39:18 pm »

check if the box is hollow  by checking the sound when you knock on it, if it is hollow then shake it to check if there is anything inside. then finally check if the key does anything to the box when it is near in case the key opens the box wirelessly
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2012, 08:45:39 pm »

"Darn ant. Regardless, congratulations sir, you didn't get horribly transformed too bad." Tannen said, looking at Robert.

Look down the hole.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2012, 08:52:55 pm »

Try throwing some of the rocks. Follow the people if they move.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2012, 09:21:02 pm »

Try aiding Fred by helping his hands to my handwrap.

Search for any object of note that can be brought with me.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

((Congrats Tiruin, you get to become part of my delusions.))

Smith waited as his last barks echoed away into the darkness, servitors were fast creatures, but even they could take a long time to locate someone who did not know where they themselves were. Such were the laws that bound the meta-physical and the physical, though carrying The Stone should give Smith an edge in being located.
   The old man didn't have to wait long, a rustle in the rubble behind him alerted Fred to the Servitor's presence. Again, their inability to appear in someone's field of vision was a peculiar property, but one that Smith had long grown accustomed to. The unusual thing about the servitor was that it had taken human form, specifically that of a short, dark haired youth- barely more than a child in apparent age, but Smith was no fool. The boy's physical form curiously aped that of the ethereal double image that Smith's trained vision could see occupying the same space as the boy himself, a lightly built hound, made for speed and feats of agility.
   Smith bowed to the servitor, showing the respect due to one of emissaries of the great hound. "I, Fred Morgan Smith, Lord of the spaces between, enemy of the smoking isle, Keeper of the Stone, purifier of the Red Forest, traveler of the lands of all, greet you. May the fanged always run with the hunt." Smith intoned, citing the formal titles that he used most commonly. He had others, but it was bad manners to recite more than five of your titles at any one time.
    With his introduction out of the way, Fred stood and watched the emissary. If the accords would still be honored the hound would greet him, and then the conversation could begin in earnest.

Placholder sane action: Talk to Tyrin, help him bandage my hands.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:36:26 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2012, 12:25:16 am »

After nodding to that junkie the mad scientist in silent acknowledgement, try to find a rock or a brick. Drop it down the hole and count the seconds it takes to land.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:30:56 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2012, 02:23:51 am »

((Oh yes.))

Tyrin approached cautiously and eyed the man in his solemn bow. Acting along wouldn't hurt anyone at all, it would probably be even fun with this. The young man strode over, and knelt to face him.

"Fred Morgan Smith," he started in a low tone, "the fanged have sent me to aid you. Pain is a teacher of reality, and I will help you with your trouble."

Aid Fred by helping his hands to my handwrap.

Search for any object of note that can be brought with me.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2012, 08:56:30 pm »

Sorry about not updating this week; I was busy with homework and I won't have internet until Sunday night.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2012, 08:58:38 pm »

It's fine. We can wait.

Anyone who can't gets the entire bottle of mutagen pills shoved down their mouth.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2012, 06:55:31 pm »

TURN 5

Tannen York
The thief didn't visibly transform, so you aren't worried about him. You try to look down the hole. (Rolled a 3) You can kind of make out the floor of the cave, but not much else.

Robert Addler
After nodding to the mad scientist guy to show him that you acknowledge that you believe him now, a rock lands near you! Luckily, you were just thinking that you needed a rock, so you pick it up and drop it down the hole. You hear a "Thunk!" a little less than 2 seconds later.

Theodore Morris
You throw one of the rocks, to see how well it flies. It spins through the air in a shallow arc, hits a wall, then lands in a bush.

Fred Smith
After greeting the servitor, you help him bandage you up. (Rolled a 5!) The servitor seems to have been trained as a medic, because this is the best job bandaging something you've ever seen!

Bob McNobody
The box seems important, so you begin testing it to see how it works.First you tap it to see if it is hollow, but it makes a pretty solid sound. After that, you try to see if it will react to the key, but nothing happens.

Tyrin Irene
That old Fred guy is pretty fun to play along with, so you act like you're some kind of warrior. You try to bandage his hands up, (Rolled a 4, taking his roll) and it seems to be the best job bandaging you have ever done; it'll probably even heal a bit faster than normal. After that, you search for anything that may aid you or the other people, but you don't find anything. (Rolled a 4)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 5.0 (Turn 5! Join the Waitlist!)
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »

"Hm, who wants to go down the hole first?"

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2012, 07:20:24 pm »

try to figure out where everyone else went then tell the crazy guy and the stupid roleplayer to follow me
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2012, 09:00:37 pm »

Placeholder combo action: Volunteer to be the first to go down that hole.

While waiting for Fred.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2012, 09:06:09 pm »

Wait for Tyrin to go down the hole. If he isn't dead or in trouble, follow him.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10