Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9046 times)

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 0.1 (Turn 0!)
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:53 pm »

TURN 0

Tannen York
After you wake up, you catch someone trying to steal your mutagen pills! You explain that they're dangerous in an angry tone of voice, so he gives them back. You don't think that doing anything would help much, so you twiddle your fingers. You have twiddled them so successfully, that your twiddle skills have increased! (Rolled a 5) ((Whaaaaaat. Since when could you do that? Aren't I supposed to roll to see if he succeeds the theft?))

Robert Addler
After noticing a pill bottle in a nearby person's pocket, you attempt to steal it. He catches you and, in order to seem more trustworthy to the group, you give them back. After that, you examine the door's lock. You were able to pick it open (2+1), but it still won't open. Perhaps there is something else blocking it?

Theodore Morris
You look around the room, but you don't spot any immediate danger in the brightly-lit room with nothing to hide behind. After that, you go to the window and look outside. You see a cheerful-looking walled garden with a few varieties of flowers growing in it, and a wall of tall shrubs on the far side. You can slightly make out a suspicious looking part of the wall behind one of the shrubs.

Fred Smith
You have found yourself in a strange land, so you consult the STONE OF TIME! (Rolled a 1) You see a vision of a cardboard box falling from the sky! The STONE OF TIME cracks a little. STONE STATUS: [10/100]

In the non-hallucinatory perceptions of everyone else, the old man takes a small rock out of his pocket, looks at it for a few seconds, then places it back in his pocket. It also cracks a little, but this is probably due to a strong grip; it doesn't look like a hard stone.

Bob McNobody
Immediately upon awakening in the strange room, you see a large red button on the floor. The diameter is about the length of your foot. You inspect it further, and find that it seems to be linked to something in the ceiling! You don't know what it could be, though. (Rolled a 4)

Tyrin Irene
You have woken up in a strange room! From what you can tell without a thorough examination, there is a button, a door, and a window. The walls are made of wood paneling, and the carpet is red and very flat. Deciding that this isn't enough information, you look further! You find a panel in the ceiling that you aren't tall enough to reach. It wouldn't matter much anyway, though, because it looks like you wouldn't be able to open it from here. (Rolled a 5)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 04:55:42 pm »

Remark about my findings to the others, attempt to help anyone that is trying to aim for this, however vague.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »

"So... anyone else remember what you were doing before you got here? I've got a blank space in my memory."

Try to kick my way through the walls. Don't try too hard, though.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:03:18 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

Analyze the window's resistance through observation. Assess if it can be broken to allow escape.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, 05:02:50 pm »

"Huh, I thought I was dreaming. I have no idea why I'm here or why I'm stuck with you all." The young man points up. "This panel looks like it might help out. I'm practically lost on what to do."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »

"Well, I actually exist, so you're definitely not dreaming. If you don't believe me, try to put one of your hands through the other. If it doesn't work, then there's a pretty good chance that you're awake."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

((Post turn 1 now, or wait for an action from you guys?))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, 06:11:30 pm »

Wait for actions from everyone unless a few are taking excessively long. Standard RTD procedure.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 08:02:21 pm »

Smith removed his gaze from the stone and looked to the heavens, squinting against the combined light of the suns. There did not appear to be a box falling from the sky, but the messages from the Stone were often couched in riddles and half-truths. Pocketing the stone again Smith began to pace across the balcony, carefully stepping around the areas where his trained senses told him spirits lingered.
   A box, representation? Space, hidden things, home, three-dimensional space. Smith harrumphed at the possibilities, but there was no helping the uncertainty inherent in the predictions of an object that did not entirely exist in this dimension. The sky itself from the vision could represent nothing, but the movement through nothing would then represent teleportation rather than normal movement.
   Fred tapped his chin in thoughtful consideration. Taken together it had a number of possibilities, but the most obvious seemed to indicate that the Stone was showing him a representation of a dimensional jump. An event which could easily explain his presence here. Extending his hands Fred felt his way though the ether, attempting to sense the residual traces of a gateway...
  There! Faint, but there. The damn communist sorcerers had left traces of their red magic on it, traces that Fred could hopefully use to re-open the gate. Inhaling deeply Fred prepared to thrust his hands into the communist gate matrix, a sharp blow for the forces of pan-dimensional democracy and he might be able to track the damn reds back.

Sane Translation of Action: Shatter the window with my hands.

((Screw careful analysis, I'm a crazy old man!))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »

((Changing my action. By the way GM, I suggest you do not throw any Lovecraftian horrors at us, because the Insane Old Man will probably beat them while killing most of the party in the process.))
Theodore just decided to stand still and wait for the development of the events.
>If the Insane Old Man is not able to gather any useful information about the window while trying to break it, examine the window.
>If someone decides to examine the panel closer, help them. Silently.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:38:26 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2012, 10:50:00 pm »

After his failure to open the door, Robert turned around and eyed the big, red, attractive button for a moment. Hmm... what would be the chances that this thing removes whatever it is that blocks the door, and doesn't submit them to some sort of ironic death at the same time? 'A hundred percent,' he answered without thinking, and went for it in self-imposed obliviousness of any dangers that chaotic button-mashing might entail.
Press the button.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:53:02 pm by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2012, 10:59:16 pm »

Watch. We're all going to get 1s and die horribly as lava pours into the room while glass shards from the window litter the floor and while the building is collapsing from the broken wall.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2012, 11:24:28 pm »

I predict an average roll value of at least 4.0 this coming turn.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 11:50:30 pm »

Watch, all the important ones are going to be 1s and all the unimportant ones are going to be 6s.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:31 am »

investigate the thing the button links to
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10