Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)  (Read 9038 times)

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Open Door, Version 7.0 (Turn 7! Join the Waitlist!)
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:43:17 pm »

So, what do you do when you can't think of a setting for a roll to dodge?

You make it up as you go along.

You, along with 5 other people, have woken up in a small room with a single large, red button, a door, and a four-pane window. The room's walls are made of sturdy wood paneling, and the floor has that special kind of carpet that you find in schools.

Spoiler: Setting Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc. Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Gen (click to show/hide)

~Characters~

Slot 1:

Slot 2:

Slot 3:

Slot 4:

Slot 5:

Slot 6:

~WAITLIST~
1. Zomara0292, Devon Dixon, Page 5 Bottom
2. Scelly9, Ivan Morov, Page 5 Bottom
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:45:35 pm by Logic »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Open Door, Version 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:51 pm »

Name: Theodore Morris
Physical Description: Average built, around 5', 9''. Light-brown hair, greenish-grey eyes, more agile than most.
Personality: Introverted, Determined, Slightly anti-social, Strong-willed.
Bio: Theodore spent most of his life as generically as any other person, studying for school occasionally and passing most tests with reasonable grades. His major defining characteristic was a passion for antique weapons, martial arts and his ability to learn well and fast, aside from the fact he was not used to making friends. He had recently started attending MMA training sessions.

~Inventory~

Left Pocket: Swiss army knife

Right Pocket: Lighter
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:53:52 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:07:58 am »

Name: Tyrin Irené
Physical Description: Tyrin is a young man of eighteen full years of age of slim and lean build. He is exactly five feet tall with deep brown eyes and short black hair, falling naturally to the side. He is brown in complexion.
Personality: Loyal, Curious, Cynical, Optimistic

~Inventory~ (You start with one slot for an item in each pocket, you may only put in small items that you could conceivably have been carrying around)

Left Pocket: White hand wrap

Right Pocket: Pocketknife

((Bio meaning something we had done that we have no idea about?  :P ))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:10:05 am by Tiruin »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28:04 am »

Name: Bob Mcnobody
Physical Description: Bob is short and thin. He has short black hair that naturally stays slightly messy. He wears glasses to see distant objects clearly.
Personality: Book smart, Highly focused, Anti-social, Messy

~Inventory~ (You start with one slot for an item in each pocket, you may only put in small items that you could conceivably have been carrying around)

Left Pocket: Glasses case and cleaner

Right Pocket: USB

New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:41 am »

Name: Tannen York
Physical Description: A very generic man for all intents and purposes. 25 years old. Black hair, green eyes, white skin.
Bio: A man who is extremely apathetic towards many things, but is not cruel. He is the secondary owner of a large genetics company. He is known for being somewhat reckless in changing genetics for fun to see what would happen, but at least he knows what he should not mutate. He always carries a grenade around for some reason.

~Inventory~

Left Pocket: Pill bottle with many random mutagen pills.

Right Pocket: Hand grenade.

Apathetic genetics businessman with mutagen and a hand grenade. 8) Oh yes.

...I hope this build is accepted. As far as I know I'm within the set rules no?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 03:25:36 am »

Name: Robert Adler
Physical Description: A red-haired man in his early twenties. His chin is virginally clean, and his thin eyebrows don't help at all in dispelling his deceptively youthful looks. Perhaps the most noticeable part of his body are his fingertips: inflamed and raw-looking yet dry, they seem to be slightly scalded... emphasis on 'slightly'.
Bio: Reckless Youth, Definitely Not A Deceased Inventor, Theft Addict, Trespasser With A Passion

~Inventory~

Left Pocket: a set of lockpicks in a leather bundle.

Right Pocket: a cloth grocery bag, rolled into a small tube and sealed with duct tape to fit in the pocket.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:30:43 pm by HmH »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 09:36:33 am »

Name: Fred Smith
Physical Description: Seventy eight years of age, Grey haired, weather-worn skin. Tall and thin, straight backed and bearing a posture befitting the royalty he usually sees himself as. Longstrided, though running is problematic at best with his arthritis and war wounds. He walks with a distinct limp in his left leg.
Bio: Ex-College football player, Ex-husband, Ex-Marine, Ex-homeowner, Fred has lived what one would call a strange and somewhat sad life. He never fathered any children with his now long dead first wife, and he never took another after that. Still a young man with time that he didn't feel like having anymore, Fred enlisted. A piece of shrapnel went through his head on his first tour, and when he came to a month later he knew what he had to do. It was his duty to set the wrongs in the world right, to end the tyranny of evil men, and to see that truth and justice prevailed against the darkness of lies and disharmony.  The stones sang his name and the very clouds followed him like a great cape of cleansing storms.
   In short he developed a series of hallucinatory brain disorders coupled with delusions of grandeur.
   In the years following he bounced in and out of mental institutions, declared himself the enemy of Cuba, set fire to a 'communist' forest, and displayed an uncanny ability rally other crazy people to his cause.

Left Pocket: A pocket full of sunshine. (The pocket is filled with sand and small rocks)

Right Pocket: The stone of time! (This object is a shiny river-rock, partially translucent)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:45 am »

^
Old man Henderson-esque much? :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 10:09:06 am »

Draignean and Tarran has brought the fun :))! This door shall be open in turn 0!

((Also, didn't know all that about RTDs))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:16:24 am »

^
Old man Henderson-esque much? :P

You know, I actually wasn't thinking of him at all when I made that character. Seriously.

Granted, now I'm going to have to work lawn gnomes in there.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »

Draignean and Tarran has brought the fun :))!
Yes, indeed. I will be sure to test my mutagen on you guys.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 03:04:33 pm »

Oh, wow, this was a faster response than expected. Everyone has been added to the slot list thing, with a title added on based on the bio and the starting items. :D

Oh, also, forgot to mention this: Death can be reversed, but only if the body isn't too damaged. I won't tell you any specifics about reversing it; you need to find it yourself!

Edit: Excited now, drawing a map thing for the first few areas I expect that you'll go. :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:55:16 pm by Logic »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:32 pm »

Assuming I can start now
Bob Mcnobody ignores everyone else and goe to inspect the button to figure out what it does
Inspect button and attempt to discover its purpose
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 10:41:26 pm »

The first thing Robert noticed was the terminally bored man and the way his left pocket rustled with his every movement. Robert knew a bit about how to examine his marks, and 'phased-out' combined with 'something rustling in the left pocket' nearly always indicated a junkie sitting on some wonder-pills, which are safely contained in said pocket.
Robert went for the pills immediately: even if their effects were worthless to him, he could always use them to control the junkie once the withdrawal kicks in.

Old Action:
Mistakenly assume Tannen for an addict. Steal the bottle of pills from him and stash it in my right pocket.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:55:37 pm by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:07:22 pm »

((A Gangster?!  :o Woah, fancied my character as an amateur sportsman what with all that handwrap. Also, request usernames be along the player names, to know who is which.))

Thoroughly examine the room. Especially the floor.

Tyrin blinked. This was very strange, how had he locked himself up in a room with five other people that were very much older than him?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10