Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177415 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1155 on: September 13, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »

Desmond raised an eyebrow, looking at the picture. "Felines? Uh, I'm allergic...Docs told me it's psychosomatic." He said, tugging on his collar.

Even after the accident, while his body seemed to have been purged of many common ailments, watery eyes and sniffles were still prevalent. "Shouldn't be a problem, as long as we don't face any Cat themed villains..." he finished, tempting fate to do just that.

After he got back from the Dentist (who fixed his chopper up nicely) he greeted Ires with a with a bouquet of green petal Smoke Jade Lilly flowers-not that he knew the name, he just thought they looked nice. They did smell quite good, also. He noticed her leg wound had been treated as well.

"I thought these pretty flowers would be ideal to accelerate you recuperation-hows that for technical jargon? I don't know what they're called, but the smell nice." He said, smiling widely.

He would indeed divide his time after the mission between Ires and Lab-trying to figure out what sort of weapon harmed him, and if possible, develop a countermeasure.

Action: Apart from considerable time with Ires, Study the strange weapon that was used to harm me if possible-try to develop possible countermeasures I could apply to my suit.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 13, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

"I hope we can manage to help." Nicholas said, scooping Jenny up, putting her on his shoulder and running around a block until he got to a payphone.

"Payphone is here, but you could have used my cell as well. Well, your tastes." he pointed out, his shrugging resulting in an exaggerated motion by his suit.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 13, 2012, 07:51:14 pm »

Jenny looked around as she was carried off. Being a short person even by female standards, it was amusing to be that high up. "Hmm? Oh, I would have called from my own cell, but I thought it might be a good idea to not call from a phone registered in my name. Sneaky, right?" she grinned at him as she jumped down, landing lightly in front of the phone booth. "Won't be a minute. Say, um..." Jennifer tucked her hair back behind her ears. "You wanna have a look around May Falls with me when we're done with the fundraiser? Y'know, explore a little, find something to eat, that sort of thing? Er, as civvies, I mean, not patrol or anything like that..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 13, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »

"Ah, sure, I'd like to do it." he answered with a smile (unseen, obviously), sitting on the sidewalk and watching Jenny. "I guess we'll have to get used to living here." Nicholas commented before crossing his arms behind his head.

"I have a lot of free time even if I take in account what I usually do."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 13, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »

Lisa smiled and waved Jenny off when she asked about the fundraiser.

"That sounds nice, but I've got stuff to learn. Tell me how it goes!"

As she left with Nick, she frowned slightly as her mind turned to what she was working on. Seeing Desmond hurt like before infront of her has scared her deeply. It reminded her of how vunerable they all were, even Desmond, and she wanted to try and stop that from getting them killed.

Conduct medical training and grab a medical kit from the armory if I manage to learn something.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 13, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »

Previously

"Sure thing, Lisa!" Jenny waved as she left with Nick, currently ignorant of his plan to put her on his shoulder and run off down the block with her as soon as they left the building.

Currently

"Yeah. Living here could be fun." Jenny smiled. "Would you believe this is the first time I've ever actually been out of Aventin?" she said, adjusting her mask slightly. It only covered the area around her eyes, but it seemed to work remarkably well. People probably just saw what they wanted to see; in the uniform she looked heroic, and out of it she looked like what she was: a small pizza delivery girl. "So, um. anyway... I'll let you pick where we go. Surprise me." She grinned and entered the phone booth, dialing the number for the animal shelter the fundraiser was going to be at.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 14, 2012, 01:31:30 am »

The mission was over, and all Ires wanted to do was rest. Her body was aching...her thoughts were muddled, and the only thing that could brighten her up was-

"Aww... look at the little kittens... they're so cute!"

Well, not exactly kittens, but she couldn't help but look upon them in awe as Jenny spoke about the event she was planning to attent -- the others wished to go with her, but Ires refused for the moment, sadly. "Sorry Jen, have to...attend to personal matters."

Soon enough, even wounds from battles healed. Her leg was better like normal, and as her friends finalized their plans for the animal event, there was another thing that needed tending to. Their leader.

"I thought these pretty flowers would be ideal to accelerate you recuperation-hows that for technical jargon? I don't know what they're called, but the smell nice." He said, smiling widely.

"Thanks Desmond! I don't know much about flowers either, heh. But these are brilliant!" Ires said, beaming. The aroma set off feelings of euphoria and of her childhood in the rural areas where much of her life was based on. Much like now, things always looked up after missions than when they had to face the dangers of the world one evil at a time.

. . .

When they were alone..."Hey Desmond, about earlier...in the basement. I didn't mean anything I said then, y'know, about having no feelings for you and the like. I just...didn't want to see you hurt, especially after that weapon hitting your chest. So I've been wondering...is it possible for you to, erm, dilute any sense of pain or fatigue with your powers by sharing it with others?

"Those flowers helped me a lot by the way, thanks ."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 14, 2012, 07:05:29 am »

"I know it was just the job, but it still hurt...I suppose I just get sensitive around you, Ires-it's not a problem."

He sat down beside her.

"That's an interesting question...I know I can absorb kinetic energy, but I haven't really experimented with other forms...you're talking about some sort of link, I guess-where I can share it out...

Mmm. I've sort of got the role that takes the pain. No one else is durable as me, so that's my job in the team-I wouldn't want to share it. I do promise to be a little less block headed in the future, though. Maybe I'll dodge more. The Steel Wall needs to learn acrobatics."
He said, smiling, putting a hand on her shoulder. It was soft. He breathed deeply, the flowers and her sweet aroma dizzying him.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 14, 2012, 07:32:55 am »

Ires was glad. Glad for the fact that Desmond was still thinking about others around him given his concerns. She felt at home with him just like with the others.

"Well, the pain hurts more when you see others in that pain, and you can't do anything to help it. I've read in a book that people have different pain thresholds, but when you can balance it around, it won't have that much an effect when focused...

"And yes, you really need to get more flexible."
she replied, returning the smile. "You're living up to the name, silly!"

"Anyway, I've thought about it ever since the events in the HQ basement. I'm alright with that sort of link, if it means the survival of others. But... are you up for it?"

Thinking of the implications it carried, perhaps Nick could jimmy up some kind of technical aid for them or for the team in general.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 14, 2012, 07:45:02 am »

"Alright. I suppose it's a good plan-not much can hurt me anyway. We'll have to make sure it's okay with the all the others, of course-it might be hard to sell a pain sharing device." Desmond said, nodding sagely.

He paused, a moment.

"You know, I was thinking about us. We've got some time before our C&C is back up and running. We could spend some real time together. I've got this place, outside of town-really cliched, a cabin by the lake, with the modern amenities. It's really beautiful this time of year, right before December rolls in-not too cold, but cold enough you want to build up the big fireplace and warm yourself up with someone. I've spent the Winter there a few times-the lake is usually frozen over, so I could even show how to iceskate. Can you imagine me doing that? Heh.

I was thinking you and I could spend the weekend there. No missions, no worries, no one but us. A bit of time for ourselves. Does that sound like something you'd enjoy?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 14, 2012, 07:56:14 am »

As Desmond spoke, Ires' thoughts drifted to the natural scenery she experienced. His words awoke a beautiful scene of the land, sun and sky. With light shining on the waters below, reflecting and creating a luminescent illusion of beauty and grandeur.

Especially the thought of Desmond going iceskating and performing those 360 spins she saw on the Olympics and skipping jovially like a dancer.

This was going to be exciting -- someday, she would also have to treat him out. But what attracted him?

She looked at the man who had protected her countless times since her acquirement of the superpowers. "I'd love it."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 14, 2012, 08:09:35 am »

"I'd love it."

That was all Desmond needed to hear, really. Happiness is, essentially, uncomplicated. Be with a person you like-don't be afraid to take leap with them into the unknown-and share your joy and pain, in equal measure.

Oh, what these mortals aspire to.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 14, 2012, 08:20:01 am »

In her spare time, Ires tries to learn more on the general appliance of Physics! Snowflakes make a good example.

Ires suited up for the occasion, in her usual casual wear complete with thicker clothing for the chilly weather. May Falls, she heard, was named such due to the spectacular waterfall that shone in it's true beauty during the Summer months. This included the surrounding countryside, where beauty was found more in the untouched natural landscape than in the town itself. This was somewhere in November, so it was more of a time preparing for the simpler activities. Iceskating, snowball fights, walking around the place...she wondered if Desmond was into snowballs.

About a few days before the planned event, Ires took the liberty to invite Desmond for a walk through the town, just to take time off.

"I've been wondering, with all the chaos that happened days ago, it's a wonder that we are still able to find joy in the simplest of things. Jenny and Nick seem to have raised quite a lot for the poor animals and Lisa is busy with a personal project...

"All I'm still confused about, is why would someone vouch for peace and then leave under the guise of parley? Crane, that is."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:04:46 am by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28:35 am »

Desmond needed no such heavy clothing today-he had found he could trade an amount of kinetic energy for body heat. It was awfully inefficient-and probably wouldn't save him from a blizzard-but it was also amusing.

He walked hand in hand with Ires, spreading some warmth to her through his touch.

"Honestly? I think we surprised him, and he just bluffed his way out. I doubt he had much of a plan for fighting all of us at once, so he used the hostages as leverage."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 14, 2012, 07:30:43 pm »

((I hate my net connection -_-))

"Then he just casually strode out without telling us what he wanted other than grabbing your hand. I think he has a secret fetish with hands...

"Though, the crime rate is getting...sillier than usual. No petty crimes like the ones usually reported on television or the news, but people going off with guns and doing acts that go against rational thinking. You...don't feel cold at all in this weather?"

Ires noted the chill in the air, yet Desmond was in light clothing. Perhaps his warmth emanated from that small smile on his face?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 86