Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177414 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1140 on: September 06, 2012, 11:20:27 pm »

Ire nodded at Jenny's proposal, clenching her teeth as she moved over to the elevator. The pain was now more apparent in her leg as there were no enemies to focus her attention onto.

Perhaps...it was better to stick with the rest.

"Elevator, check."

Inspect the elevator for any changes or openings, lift that crystal and examine it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 07, 2012, 10:56:51 am »

Desmond trudged after Lisa, stretching his arms out. Mission wasn't done yet...

Action: Search the lab for clues with Lisa
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Fourteen! In which the party searches.
« Reply #1142 on: September 09, 2012, 06:01:25 pm »

Turn one hundred fourteen.  Is it just me or has this mission dragged on for a really long time?  If you guys want we can end it here.

Agent Fortmüller mumbles to himself, "Looks like a nice last-ditch option... although I'll have to remake the suit itself a bit smaller.  Hmmm."
[3+2] He strips out the internals and cuts the armour back down to its regular size.  Then he stuffs the systems back in.
Now the Warlord 2.0 is as close to the original as it's going to get, and is even more powerful because of the upgraded power system.
Agent Maxwell tapes Ires' shoulder.  "You try the elevator, OK?  I can't really use it without blowing the whole 'stealth' thing.  I'll check this way."  Ires nods.  "Elevator, check."
Jenny heads towards the vaults.  A rat sniffs at her, and scurries off as she approaches.  [hidden search check] Starting with the cell that was supposed to hold Arthur Crane she methodically searches every inch of the area, but comes up empty-handed.
Agent Conners and Agent Green scour the lab for clues together.  What was Crane looking for?  [hidden search check] Clearly he wasn't looking for anything that's still here.  He didn't take anything with him, either, at least not anything visible.  Maybe he wanted access to the weapons being developed down here to ambush the team with?  Or perhaps he was after something completely different.
Agent Reon searches the elevator.  [hidden search check] It doesn't look like anything's changed since the team used it, and the fact that it's on this floor implies Crane never used it.  Weird.
She collects the crystals Lisa hid on top of the car and examines each of them.  Nothing seems to have changed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 09, 2012, 06:08:50 pm »

"Ok, now this is the Warlord II. Better than the last, at least."

Get into the suit and pick up the axe as well.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 09, 2012, 06:29:46 pm »

Jenny reported in. "Sorry, guys. He made a clean break of it as far as I can tell. No trace of him here. Maybe we should call it and let the agency's intel guys work on it." With that, she decloaked, went back to the elevator, and sat down next to it with her back against the wall.

(I'm fine with ending it here. Realistically, there's not much we can do about his escape except give the NPCs time to track him again. In the meantime, we can always train, patrol, do another mission, etc.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 09, 2012, 09:11:26 pm »

Lisa sighed and walked in and sat down next to Jenny and sighed again, still almost humming with leftover energy.

"Yeah, we couldn't find anything either. If he was here to get something, he's either taken it with him and we didn't notice or he didn't find it. Let's get the staff back to work, perhaps they might come up with something..."

Chill out with Jenny. Ponder what to do next.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:11:34 pm by Zako »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 09, 2012, 09:29:50 pm »

((I'm ready to call this mission, as long we can find all the hostages))

Green kept looking. Miles to go before he slept, and all that.

Action: Keep looking for the prisoners...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 09, 2012, 09:41:33 pm »

((I'm throwing in my lot with Dwarmin and SC, morale has dampened and...well, we're totally confoosed by Crane!

VENGEANCE - On hold!))

Ires nodded to Jenny, greeting her as she entered as well as to Lisa.

"No sign of Crane using the elevator at all. Crystals are intact, team."

She was leaning against the elevator door, applying pressure to the wound to try to stop the pain.

"This is really confusing. We know nothing of Crane's motives, we've lost many of the people we're working with. Our base was easily compromised..." she looked at the rest, "but I'm glad that we're all here, safe and alive.

"Nick, do you have any searching devices in your armor over there?"

Still, Ires returned back to searching for the man, excusing herself from her two allies in the elevator and proceeding to the cells to check on the place yet again, using the crystals as an aide in searching for Crane.

The memory of the other world was still vivid in Ires' mind. If Crane warped out, then she would probably know. From reading all those retro-comics and books, this must be...magic?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 09, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »

Lisa turned and waved at Ires as she walked past.

"Just curious, how the hell did you catch him the first time? The man is like nothing I've ever seen, healing like that without a problem. Was he always like that?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 09, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »

"Just curious, how the hell did you catch him the first time? The man is like nothing I've ever seen, healing like that without a problem. Was he always like that?"

"Err, well, we stormed his house, wait no, mansion and after displacing his guards, we cornered him in a bathroom. Then we had an experience with another plane or dimension before getting him in, like we all saw another place that was as real as unreality -- whatever your fancy, it wasn't normal.

Then he sort of...gave up I guess? Unsure on that part, I can't...think straight currently."
Ires said as she walked to the cells.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 13, 2012, 07:55:06 am »

((Poke. Nothing has happened here in like forever.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Fifteen! In which the mission is over.
« Reply #1151 on: September 13, 2012, 07:08:57 pm »

Turn the one hundred fifteenth, blah blah blah.
The motion to end the mission here has passed by a vote of three for to two undecided.  Fun fact: this mission has lasted about as long as the rest of the game combined.
Zomara: I'm not dead and neither is the game!  Well, so far.
SerCon: Hi!  I read your mouseover text.

Agent Fortmüller suits up and grabs his axe.
Agent Maxwell sighs.  "Sorry, guys.  He made a clean break of it as far as I can tell.  No trace of him here.  Maybe we should call it and let the agency's intel guys work on it."
She decloaks and sits down by the elevator, sighing again.
Agent Conners sighs too as she sits down beside Jenny.  "Yeah, we couldn't find anything either.  If he was here to get something, he's either taken it with him and we didn't notice or he didn't find it.  Let's get the staff back to work, perhaps they might come up with something..."
Agent Green searches for the hostages.  Or are they hostages anymore if the hostage takers are gone?  [hidden search check] Regardless, he eventually manages to track them down, after finding Crane's note.
They're in the janitorial closet on the second level, mind the trap.  ~Arthur
Yes, he even writes evilly.  After avoiding a bucket of paint over the door and ripping off a lot of duct tape Desmond manages to free the rest of the agents from the extremely cramped maintenance room.
Agent Reon excuses herself from Jenny and Lisa and looks around the cells again.  "No sign of Crane using the elevator at all.  Crystals are intact, team."
She waves said crystals around as she walks about, but nothing seems to be happening.  Eventually, with the help of the freed hostages, it's determined that Crane simply isn't in the building any more, and nobody seems to have any clue where he's gone.

Agents Green, Fortmüller, Maxwell, Reon and Conners have completed their latest assignment!  Equipment and health is restored.
Any weapons the team picked up in the lab are returned there.  Likewise, the crystals that the team recovered are taken for research.
Desmond Green gains [8] reputation!  People are recognizing him on the streets more and more.
Nicholas Fortmüller [10] reputation!  Apparently, the cover story worked and nobody noticed a connection between the giant robot helping de-bomb a building and the giant robot that trashed cars and held up traffic.
Jennifer Maxwell gains [7] reputation.  She's still the most recognizable member of the team.
Ires Reon gains [7] reputation.  People are beginning to take notice of her.
Lisa Conners gains [6] reputation.  She's starting to get recognition, too.

As the Aventin branch of the FDSPA has been compromised, the team is temporarily assigned to nearby May Falls as the headquarters are relocated.
The team can train or go on patrol until the next mission.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 13, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »

(Hey back. ^^^ I have an idea for training charisma/diplomacy/that sort of thing, I'm gonna see if I'm allowed to do it. :D)

Jenny felt that she could stand to be a bit more personable, get used to talking to people as a superhero and all of that. While on a coffee break, she noticed there was a fundraiser being held by a May Falls charity for homeless animals. "Aww... look at the little kittens... they're so cute!" she gushed, showing the picture in the paper to the rest of the team. "Hmm, you know what? I'll be back later." She left to find a payphone and contact the people running the charity to see if she could appear - in costume, of course, no need to be there as 'herself' as it were - and maybe help out a little.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 13, 2012, 07:20:33 pm »

"...I actually like cats." Nicholas said as Jenny showed him the pictures. "I'll join in too, if I'm allowed to. Don't expect me too be too talkative, though." he commented, following the girl with a little of care.

Join Jenny, spend free time in the event developing a better compound thean heavy plastic with a computer.

((Can I attend the event only for IC reasons but spend the free time there training other things or researching other stuff? Also, this idea is very funny.))
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:22:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: September 13, 2012, 07:30:04 pm »

"Sure, I wouldn't mind the company. The more the merrier," Jenny said, waiting for Nick to come with her to find that payphone.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 86