Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177429 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1095 on: August 14, 2012, 06:00:09 pm »

(They did plan a prison break, tie up some agents, and clearly plot nefarious stuff. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:14 pm »

((That and he's clearly a wanted criminal that escaped prison and robbed the armory for high tech weapons, and stole our files to know who to kill first.))

Lisa quickly dialed in the specifics for a hopefully non-lethal bolt into the gun and started charging, pointing it at Crane while watching the rest of the men out of the corner of her eyes.

"You just want to talk? Then why did you break out of your cell, arm yourself and your men with weapons from OUR armory, steal our files, take the base staff hostage and broke into the labs? I really don't think talking is on your mind right now, or you would have not gone to all this trouble. Tell your men to stand down and disarm immediately, or prepare to have your guts fried from the inside out."

Dial in a non-lethal shot into the electric gun and threaten Crane while it recharges. Keep an eye on the others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 14, 2012, 06:49:11 pm »

"We'll stop the killing until after-"

Aid Desmond! Tandem strike!

"-we're sure that you mean us no harm!"

Bloody people. If there was to be peace, then they'd at least drop their weapons!

. . .

He's after my crystal.

"What do you want, Crane?"

Engage in trivial diplomacy.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Nine! In which negotiations occur.
« Reply #1098 on: August 16, 2012, 05:50:18 pm »

Turn one hundred and nine.  You may have noticed I'm not dead of running multiple games!  Yet.

Agent Fortmüller hums as he tries to get out again.  [6] This time the heavy plastic shell shatters completely.  Nicholas stretches, yawns, and grabs his oversized and slightly unwieldy sniper rifle off the floor.
Agent Maxwell tries to grab the sniper rifle again.  [3+2] It flies out of Crane's hands and neatly into hers.
"Your men shot first!  If you really wanna talk, stand down and disarm."
"Oh, dear.  You may be right.  My men are a little enthusiastic sometimes.  Very well.  Stand down."
Agent Green grunts and ignores the boss, still focused on the powered armour pilot.  [2+1] Ires maneuvers him around and Desmond runs up from behind, connecting with a punch to the back of the head which he barely feels.
Agent Conners programs a non-lethal shot into the recharging gun as she talks.  "You just want to talk?  Then why did you break out of your cell, arm yourself and your men with weapons from OUR armory, steal our files, take the base staff hostage and broke into the labs?  I really don't think talking is on your mind right now, or you would have not gone to all this trouble.  Tell your men to stand down and disarm immediately, or prepare to have your guts fried from the inside out."
"Ah, Lisa Conners, isn't it?  The life leech.  Impressive work on your teammate, earlier, I'm sure he would have died if not for you.  Though, considering the trouble him and Reon are putting poor Matheson through, well, he might just have to die anyway.  Ha!"
Agent Reon snarls "We'll stop the killing until after we're sure that you mean us no harm!" as she assists Desmond, swinging the suit around for him to flank before [1+1] harmlessly letting go of his arm.
"What do you want, Crane?" she asks as Matheson, the armour pilot, backs off.
"What do I want?  First, I want my mansion back.  The cells here are so dreadful and the company aren't very interesting.  Second," he casually walks towards Ires and Desmond as he speaks, "You have something that used to belong to us.  I want it back.  How about we shake on it?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 16, 2012, 06:55:06 pm »

Nicholas keeps humming, takes one of the powered armors which must be around (this is an armory after all) and makes slight modifications on it to make it closer to the Warlord, getting inside it afterwards.

If no armor is found, take the sniper rifle and carefully aim at one of Crane's legs.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 11:52:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 16, 2012, 07:58:48 pm »

(If nobody else has any better suggestions in about four hours I'm going to see if I can headshot Crane with this rifle. Just fair warning.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:41 pm »

(If nobody else has any better suggestions in about four hours I'm going to see if I can headshot Crane with this rifle. Just fair warning.)
((Just tear one of his feet/legs off, I'll take care of the other.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 16, 2012, 09:38:42 pm »

((I'd think that the agency would prefer him alive, rather than dead. I can shock him unconcious.

Also, either he must be talking about the crystal or something equally bad. Don't let him touch you.))

Lisa didn't like this man. He was too snooty, uptight and full of himself and, most disturbing of all, confident about himself despite being faced against against their whole team.

"I'm not the leech here, you can look in the mirror to see one though. Now stop right where you are and don't move! We're not doing any deals until you are back in custody, and in your cell again. Now, get on your knees with your hands on the back of your head!"

Prepare to shock Crane if he tries anything. Keep an eye on the rest of Crane's men to see if they are trying anything.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 16, 2012, 09:42:46 pm »

Action: Continue the Power-Armored Man beatdown with Ires
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 16, 2012, 11:42:25 pm »

"Shake on what? This thing?"

She held the crystal close to her chest, but visible enough for all to see. "You barge into our...government-owned base and kill our people, raid the armory and other suitable locations, get dirty rats into the building, bring suited power armor in this place, insult Desmond by wanting to kill him because your poor Matheson got huuurt~ in his armor and you forgot to bring Barry along?!

. . .

Can you repay the lives of those you've killed? You just did this to lure us here, didn't you?

"Why?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 17, 2012, 01:04:16 am »

Jenny aimed down slightly and attempted to kneecap Crane. "Sorry, we don't negotiate with terrorists. Country policy."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Ten! In which the GM vanishes.
« Reply #1106 on: August 17, 2012, 05:50:48 pm »

Turn one hundred ten!  I'll be gone for the next week, so I'm kind of expecting to have to catch up on hundreds of posts of roleplay by the time I get back.

Agent Fortmüller keeps humming as he nonchalantly putters about the workshop, looking for unused powered armour.  Since this is a lab, all of the suits are damaged, unfinished or being used by the other side.  He shrugs, braces his oversized sniper rifle against a workbench, [1+1-1] but as he's aiming he drops the gun.  He catches it one-handed on instinct and ends up dislocating his shoulder.
"You see what happens when you try to shoot during a negotiation?"
Agent Conners frowns.  "I'm not the leech here, you can look in the mirror to see one though.  Now stop right where you are and don't move!  We're not doing any deals until you are back in custody, and in your cell again.  Now, get on your knees with your hands on the back of your head!"
"Ah, no to all your points."
Lisa fires her nonlethal electric bolt, [1] which turns out to be too nonlethal, fizzling in the atmosphere.  He raises an eyebrow at her.
"You people really don't know how to conduct a negotiation, do you?  You're not supposed to be trying to kill me, first of all."
Agent Green continues to try to take down Matheson the powered armour pilot, [4] hurting his arrowed arm with another application of his shield, [5-1] then one of his legs, [6-2], then knocking him down with a final shield-bash to the chest.  The pilot groans and tries to get back up before fainting.
Agent Reon holds up the crystal cautiously.  "Shake on what? This thing?"  Holding it close to her, but visible, she continues.
"You barge into our... government-owned base and kill our people, raid the armory and other suitable locations, get dirty rats into the building, bring suited power armor in this place, insult Desmond by wanting to kill him because your poor Matheson got huuurt~ in his armor and you forgot to bring Barry along?!
"Can you repay the lives of those you've killed? You just did this to lure us here, didn't you?  Why?"
Crane stares at Ires for a second before shrugging and continuing to walk towards her and Desmond.
"I didn't bring rats in here, your Barry's bleeding to death somewhere around here, and I couldn't care less about the rift crystal.  Keep it, I don't care, we can get plenty more where it came from.  Are repaying the lives of the dead and answering your questions part of your conditions?"
Agent Maxwell trains her rifle on Crane's knee, [3] melting a small steaming hole straight through it.  The hole fills up with bloody water, which solidifies into flesh and bone, erasing the wound completely.
"Do you have any idea how much that stings?  Your negotiation tactics are beginning to get on my nerves."
He reaches Desmond, Ires, and the unconscious Matheson, bends down, and prods the suit experimentally.
"Well, he won't be moving again for a while.  Impressive, Desmond Green."
Arthur Crane grabs Desmond's hand.  "Ha.  Shake on it?"

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:16:55 am by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 17, 2012, 05:55:24 pm »

Despite the strange way the whole situation was handled (obvious hostilities being the norm for 'heroes'...), Ires was dumbfounded at Crane's antics.

He...was shaking on...what, exactly?

She felt a horrible feeling of encroaching doom as her glance shifted from Desmond to Crane and back again.

"What do we have that belonged to you?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 17, 2012, 06:54:36 pm »

((@GM: Hey Remalle. I said especifically "aim", I wanted a bonus to the next shot or threaten him, not shoot right away. Notice that everytime I want to shoot, I write to shoot or fire.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 17, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »

((@GM: Hey Remalle. I said especifically "aim", I wanted a bonus to the next shot or threaten him, not shoot right away. Notice that everytime I want to shoot, I write to shoot or fire.))
((You can't get a 1 on aiming, because that's ridiculous.  :P

Your finger slipped on the trigger, as you forgot basic gun etiquette. ))
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 86