Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177453 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1065 on: August 11, 2012, 12:24:07 am »

Fling that floor vent cover at what seems to be the most dangerous threat in range!

"I'm a threat, you blind mook! Afraid to hit me?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Six! In which everyone is lucky.
« Reply #1066 on: August 12, 2012, 06:00:08 pm »

Turn one hundred and six.  Somehow the enemy rolled all 2s.

Agent Fortmüller says "Hey, guess what," as he fiddles with his suit's systems yet again.  [1+2] Using far more power and disabling several safety catches gives the suit a boost to strength and speed, but it takes too long for Nicholas to get in an attack.
Agent Conners finishes blinking the spots out of her eyes and shouts "Area effect, Steel!  Get all their heads down!  Jen, see if you can pull their guns out of their hands!  FLASHBANG OUT!"  She tosses an unprimed smoke grenade and rushes out once the gunfire stops, [6-1] replicating Ires' run in and out of cover and finishing with a leap over a workbench straight onto the chest of an extremely surprised gunman.  [4+1] Lisa straightens up and dusts off her hands, satisfied that he won't wake up for a long time.
Agent Green ducks and dodges behind the powered armour pilot, grabbing him in a full nelson to use as a meat shield.  The revving noise starts again [4] and Desmond swings the suit around in time to block the electric bolt, [6+2] before returning the favour with a kinetic blast that blows up the shooter's cover and sends shrapnel flying.
Agent Maxwell [4+2] turns herself into a magnet just as Desmond explodes a workbench covered in metal machine parts.  [4] She drops the magnetic field and dodges the incoming cloud of shrapnel, machinery and guns just in time.  Fortunately, none of her teammates lose their weapons.
Agent Reon gets into cover on the enemy's side of the room and flings her floor vent cover at a disarmed mook who's trying to pick up the minigun.  It bounces off of him and he stares at her, confused, before shrugging and continuing to struggle with the gun.  "I'm a threat, you blind mook!  Afraid to hit me?"
The henchman trying to pick up the minigun (2) isn't strong enough and gives up, instead grabbing a concussive grenade off the workbench he's taking cover behind and throwing it at Ires.  She dodges and it goes off harmlessly somewhere behind her.
The powered armour pilot grabs Desmond's arms and tries to throw him, (2) but Desmond manages to hang on.
One of the disarmed men picks up some sort of oversized sniper rifle off the floor and takes aim at Lisa as she's tackling and draining her target.  (2) He misses, and the computer on the workbench next to her melts.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:56:29 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 12, 2012, 06:23:36 pm »

Jenny suddenly had an idea and gathered a bunch of the scrap metal in her hands. Turning her attention on the guy targeting Lisa, she attempted to induce electromagnetic fields around the metal and her hands, to send the shrapnel flying toward the sniper.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:58:26 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 12, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »

Jenny suddenly had an idea and gathered a bunch of the scrap metal in her hands. Turning her attention on the guy targeting Lisa, she attempted to give her hands polarity to repel the metal and send it flying toward the sniper.

That's... not how magnets work.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 12, 2012, 06:27:58 pm »

(It's how Magneto works, and that's what I'm going for. :3)

EDIT: (Damn it! I totally blew a perfect 'fucking magnets, how do they work?' set-up. >.< Sorry, Mego.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:43:28 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:23 pm »

((Serious, you are dissapoint. :( Thanks for covering me though.))

Lisa grinned. All the nearby targets were unarmed. Now's her chance!

Use my extra energy to give myself a serious speed boost to both dodge any incoming shots and to zip around the room, draining all the unarmed targets I can reach. Go for the direct route if it's safe to do so.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 12, 2012, 09:22:07 pm »

Serious, you are dissapoint. :(

(I sorry Zako D:)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2012, 09:26:58 pm »

Enter melee with the power armor man. Break his spine.

"La Grange" starts to blare at Nicholas' internal sound systems and he accompanies the music whilst charging.

Get that superpowered sniper-rifle weapon afterwards if possible..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:44:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 12, 2012, 09:32:00 pm »

Action: Melee time! Knock out the guy with the biggest weapon!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 12, 2012, 09:45:07 pm »

Examine self.

Ires was wounded, but the pain made everything clearer - adrenaline was coursing through her body, and every reaction heightened by her senses could easily be recognized and reacted to.

Perhaps it was time to try going into the melee with one of the nearest weapons?

Run over to the power armored man, try to evade//parry any attacks and lodge an arrow in one of the respective vulnerable areas visible! If not the power armor, then someone else that is hostile to my allies - not Nick.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 12, 2012, 09:49:08 pm »

(It's how Magneto works, and that's what I'm going for. :3)

EDIT: (Damn it! I totally blew a perfect 'fucking magnets, how do they work?' set-up. >.< Sorry, Mego.)

I didn't even consider that possibility. Damn it.

Spoiler: Why that wouldn't work (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 12, 2012, 10:06:01 pm »

(That was an interesting read, although I'm curious: does that also apply to electromagnetism? It levitates bullet trains from Tokyo to Osaka, it levitates my chair, and it levitates... me. :D)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 12, 2012, 10:19:22 pm »

(That was an interesting read, although I'm curious: does that also apply to electromagnetism? It levitates bullet trains from Tokyo to Osaka, it levitates my chair, and it levitates... me. :D)

Nope. Electromagnetism is caused by electric currents inducing charges in metallic atoms, causing them to have magnetic fields. If you take the electricity away, the magnetism goes away too. I suppose you could induce an electromagnetic field in the stuff you're hurling, and then use the same polarity on yourself to force it away, but that would be a massive drain of power. Perhaps you could work some sort of energy transfer between you and Desmond? I dunno.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 12, 2012, 10:21:39 pm »

((First, this RTD scores on RP.

Now, it scores on Science.

Bonus!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 12, 2012, 10:57:37 pm »

(Is it wrong that I prefer learning things from people on the internet to school? XD Seriously though, I'll edit my action to do that. Thanks. ^^^)
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 86