Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177450 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Four! In which the smoke disperses.
« Reply #1050 on: August 09, 2012, 12:52:50 pm »

Turn one hundred and four.  I can't believe we've gone for over a hundred turns without a single death!  Will today see that streak end?

Agent Fortmüller grins widely and slaps the button to deploy his wrist-mounted flamethrower.
"Take cover."
[5] He fires a wide burst of flame through the smoke cloud, dispersing it and destroying several work benches.  A few henchmen run panicked out into the open and [4+1] are promptly shot for their trouble.
Agent Conners and Agent Maxwell use the distraction to run over to Desmond's side.
"Desmond, it's going to be ok.  Talk to me, just keep talking and breathing, alright?"
"Hey, is he OK?  Is there anything I can do?"
"He's messed up, bad.  Life energy is faint.  I'm doing what I can, but I don't know if I have enough in me.  I might have to borrow some from you and Nick, and then go to town on these assholes to really bring him up to speed.  Stay right next to him, ok?"
"Right.  I'll be right here if you need me.  Hey, Des?  You with us, buddy?  You gonna let these assholes get away with gut-shotting you?  Or are you gonna get back up and pummel them?"
Lisa lays on hands, [4+1] and though she needs to draw upon a lot of her and Jenny's energy she manages to stabilize Desmond.  The bruising on his cheek vanishes before their eyes and the burns on his torso seem to wither away.
Agent Green smiles lightly and mutters to himself as his wounds are healed.  His head soon starts to clear and he feels almost ready to go, though the pain in his gut is still intense.  Nicholas catches the tail end of one of his ramblings and facepalms.  "Yadda yadda yadda.  You'll survive this anyway, no need for all that drama."
Agent Reon snaps a retort back at him as she fires back at the other end of the lab, constantly moving and using her powers to stay out enemy lines of fire.  [1+1] With the smoke cloud gone she's free to take a shot at the first person she sees pop out of cover, but he hastily slaps a grenade he's carrying against the floor, causing a concussive blast that knocks him to the ground and the arrow off course.
As the team bickers a man in sleek powered armour bearing FDSPA identification steps out behind cover and unstraps something from his back.  As he swings it around in front of him and levels it at Nicholas, the team recognize it for what it is - an M134.  It begins spinning up as several more henchmen pop out of cover and provide suppressive gunfire.
"Priority target Green is down.  Fortmüller is not a threat, new priority target is Conners."

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:55:47 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (#1 exporter of roleplaying in all of this thread)
« Reply #1051 on: August 09, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

((You really, really want to kill me.))

"Told you he'd be fine."

Shoot at the M134's ammo feed with the sniper rifle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 09, 2012, 01:40:16 pm »

((Yeaaaah, he's gonna regret doing that later.))

A chill ran down her spine as she heard them turn their attention to finding her. They had their files obviously, so they knew what they were dealing with, which meant they had the upper hand. It was about time to change things up, now that Desmond was stable again. She motioned silently to Jenny to cover her eyes and then flank left.

"Oh shit, GET DOWN! Arrow, take out that gunner after my mark!"

Toss out a cooked flashbang from behind cover and lay down suppressive fire after it goes off. If they are keeping their heads down, rush forward to closer range and new cover, staying low to avoid friendly fire.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:15 pm »

((Funny how Nicholas isn't a threat but he is probably the one who has killed most people.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 09, 2012, 02:13:37 pm »

((Funny how Nicholas isn't a threat but he is probably the one who has killed most people.))
((Glass cannon?))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 09, 2012, 02:31:50 pm »

Jenny figured the best thing she could do in this situation was try to take out the man in powered armor. She reached out with her electromagnetic powers to hit him with a powerful bolt of that energy; with any luck she might fry the damn thing and make him useless.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:11 pm »

I seem to recall you tranquilizing everybody you've fought...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 09, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »

I seem to recall you tranquilizing everybody you've fought...
((Your memory is fuzzy. In the warehouse incident, two confirmed kills, and I guess there was one gut shot. Crane mansion, I guess Nicholas didn't kill anyone...When he got his armor, he axed one guy, shoved his sniper rifle inside the other's mouth and pulled the trigger, spraying brain everywhere. And I think there are some more kills, don't remember though.))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 09, 2012, 05:19:30 pm »

Desmond snapped back to reality.

The Pain was still there. But his mind was clear. His team needed him. Ires needed him. What was he doing on the ground?

He shook his head again. He spoke to Lisa in a clear voice over the comm, sitting up.

"You guys hit him with everything you got, and I'll take him down.

Cover me, in case Thor over there throws another one of his hammers at me."

The pain was excruciating, he thought, oddly detached.

But it was just pain.

Action: Wait till the energy blasts and bullets from my teammates subside, then move into melee with the power armored man. Give him a full power hit!-priority disabling or disarming his gun if it's not already
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 10, 2012, 12:07:43 am »

Free Run my way into the melee, perhaps firing a suppressive arrow at the minigun, or possibly a nearby pipe that would disrupt the enemy position. Hopefully using my reflexes and tandem maneuvers with Desmond to knock out the big threat.

"Not a threat? Hah!

"Statistics won't help you there, bud. Conners won't get hurt under my watch!"

Ires quickly glanced around at her position - there was a whole obstacle course in front of her to the enemy, both blocking movement and easy firing shots. She hoped her training would serve her well, what with all the ankle twists she had to endure.

Desmond had to be safe, including the rest. She had to do something.

"Can't hit me, big guy!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Five! In which a flashbang explodes.
« Reply #1060 on: August 10, 2012, 09:57:37 pm »

Turn one hundred and five.  I hope none of you will mind having your characters turned into a fine red spray.

Agent Fortmüller shrugs.  "Told you he'd be fine."  Taking careful aim at the still-spinning minigun's belt feed, [3+1] he severs it, unfortunately leaving quite a few rounds ready to be fed.
Agent Conners shouts "Oh shit, GET DOWN!  Arrow, take out that gunner after my mark!" as she motions for Jenny to flank left.  She unclips a flashbang, removes the pin, [1] holds it too long and winds up having to blink spots out of her eyes.
Agent Maxwell gathers electromagnetic as she moves to the left and releases it in a single burst at the powered armour pilot.  [2+2] The electric bolt hits him square in the chest and he pauses for a split second before continuing.  He must be insulated enough inside the suit for the electricity to ground harmlessly.
Agent Green shakes his head clear and straightens up despite the incredible pain in his gut.  "You guys hit him with everything you got, and I'll take him down.  Cover me, in case Thor over there throws another one of his hammers at me."
He waits for his teammates to finish before getting to his feet and rushing out of cover at the powered armour pilot.
Agent Reon darts in and out of cover as she rushes the enemy position, never staying exposed long enough for them to get a clear shot.  [5+1] She fires an arrow at the minigun and it flies straight up one of the barrels and sticks.
Desmond reaches the minigunner at the same time as her and they work together to keep each other unharmed as they try to take down the suit.  [4+2] With a kinetic-boosted hit Desmond knocks the gun out of his hands, somewhere behind a bench on the wrong side of the room.
The powered armour pilot steps back for a moment, letting his allies take shots at Desmond and Ires.  (2-1) (4-1) (2-1) (5-1) Two screams indicate a pair of friendly fire accidents, but a shot grazes Ires in the thigh and another bullet hits Desmond in the calf and drops off.  The suit steps forward again and takes a couple of swings, (4-1) lightly hitting Ires on the spot of the graze and knocking her down, (1-1-1) but having his armour cracked and his arm broken by a retaliatory shield bash from Desmond.
Somebody growls "Put Green back down.  Reon isn't a threat.  Priority targets are Green and Conners."

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:56:13 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (sometimes it even updates)
« Reply #1061 on: August 10, 2012, 10:25:25 pm »

"Hey, guess what."

Try to fiddle the suit and enhance it for melee combat (speed and strength). Then try to get to the man in powered armor, grin, lift him and crash his back against a knee attack from the Warlord. Basically, try to break his back, tearing him in half being optional.
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 10, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »

Lisa shook her head and got ready.

"Area effect, Steel! Get all their heads down! Jen, see if you can pull their guns out of their hands!"

She grabbed a smoke grenade and braced herself. It was time to do a bit of trickery...

"FLASHBANG OUT!"

Throw my unarmed smoke grenade out as a fake flashbang towards our opponents and rush towards them as they duck into cover, weaving from cover to cover and finally over the top of one of the tables they are hiding behind and tackle the dudes behind it!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 10, 2012, 10:49:04 pm »

Desmond knew they were going to cycle up that strange weapon again. He had to dump this chump and get ready to hit them back first.

Action: Duck and dive! Dodge the man in powered armor, or use him as a body shield-need to be looking for that energy weapon they used on me before, and prepare a kinetic blast on it's wielder.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 10, 2012, 11:29:57 pm »

Jennifer did as Lisa asked and attempted to magnetically yank the guns out of the hands of all the hostiles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 86