Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 177459 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic (#1 exporter of roleplaying in all of this thread)
« Reply #1020 on: August 07, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »

Action: Power charge! Absorb all those nasty bullets!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Two! In which nobody is a dalmation.
« Reply #1021 on: August 08, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »

Turn one hundred and two.  Fun fact: none of the turns up until now have been dalmations.

Agent Fortmüller grins.  "Ok, door problem solved, and they already saw us.  Time to get things done.  Can we get a flashbang inside through the space that guy just opened?"
He prepares to help someone breach the door.
Agent Reon replies "Got it, Nick!" and readies a flashbang as she waits for the door to be breached.  She hesitates.  "Won't they try to trap us here?  This... isn't the best of ideas.  Shall I pop smoke?"
"I guess we have two grenade-throwers here, can we have both?  Flashbang will help stunning them and smoke will cover our breaching."
"Then let me use both my grenades.  Though, the ventilation will take care of the smoke after a few minutes."
Ires pulls out a smoke grenade and holds it in her other hand, as Agent Maxwell moves up into position and begins pulling on the door with her powers as Nicholas tugs on it with his hands.  [4+2+1] It flies out of the frame and [4] both Nicholas and Jenny dodge it, letting it fly into the empty frame behind them.
Ires tosses both of her grenades inside, [3+1] [3+1-1] and somebody yells "Cover!" just as they both go off, causing a few panicked yells around the laboratory.
Though it's too far ahead of them to run straight into it, Agent Conners and Agent Green use the smoke cover to advance into the lab, Lisa staying low and behind Desmond, firing randomly into the smoke.  Shots ring out from around the room and for a few seconds bullet whiz around the two or hit Desmond and drop to the ground.  As Lisa scrambles behind a workbench covered in heavy plastic machine components, somebody shouts "It's Green!  Hold your fire and switch!"
The gunfire stops and a sound like a car engine revving up splits the silence.  (4) With a noise like fabric tearing a bolt of lightning hits Desmond in the stomach, dropping him gasping to his hands and knees.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:55:00 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 08, 2012, 02:07:09 pm »

Jenny attempted to read the electromagnetic currents to find out where the shot came from, so she could yank the gun away with her grapnel.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 08, 2012, 02:11:21 pm »

Ow.

Guess they finally found something that can hurt me.

What was that?

Action: Concentrate on defending myself while I get my bearings back. Get to Cover!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 08, 2012, 02:15:23 pm »

Nicholas' suit internal speakers start playing Bad to the Bone at max level as he hefts both axe and rifle.
":3"

Get into cover, start distributing torso shots with the sniper rifle. Fiddle a little with the energy gathering unit and make it absorb external electric sources more efficiently.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2012, 05:39:02 pm »

"DESMOND!"

You should've asked for incendiary arrows...

Strafe into the smoke, firing above Desmond's position.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 08, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »

They were firing in the smoke at them, and hitting just fine. So that meant...

"They have thermals! Watch yourself!"

She needed to know where they were, where abouts they were shooting from... She focused and attempted to try something new with her powers...

Snag Desmond and pull him into cover, setting his shield up to cover him as best as possible. Then use my powers to try and "feel" where everyone in the room is. If that doesn't work, grab something reflective and use it to peek around the corners and try to see them. Suppressing fire to get the others inside safely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 08, 2012, 07:21:12 pm »

"Thermals?

"Bring on the heat, drop flashbangs!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One Hundred Three! In which the titles are longer.
« Reply #1028 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:51 am »

Turn one hundred and three.  We've officially passed the 10,000 views mark!  Also I've been considering getting myself a colour.  How does this look?  Too similar to anyone else's?

Agent Maxwell runs into the room and tries to trace where the shot came from.  [1+2-1] The ionization trail is rapidly fading and dispersing in the shifting smoke cloud.  Impossible to tell where it came from besides "the other side of the smoke cloud".
Agent Green [5-1] manages to crawl behind cover without throwing up.  He takes a moment to look over his injury [5-1] and despite his lack of training he can tell the bolt passed straight through his body, scorching his skin and probably causing some serious internal injury.
Agent Fortmüller grins and strides up beside Lisa, music blaring.  He detaches his rifle from his back and fires blindly through the smoke, not hitting anyone but keeping them from firing back, as he fiddles with his background energy collection module.  [2+2] Now it's focused towards electrical instead of thermal energy.
Agent Reon screams Desmond's name and runs forward into the smoke cloud, firing at where she judged the lightning bolt to come from.  [3+1-1] A metallic ping and a steady stream of swearing confirms that she's nailed the position, if not the shooter.
Agent Conners shouts "They have thermals!  Watch yourself!"  Seeing Desmond dragging himself behind cover she tries to sense the position of everybody in the room.  [3+1] She gets an extremely fuzzy impression of everybody she's swapped life energy with; her teammates, in other words.  Desmond's impression is faint.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:55:25 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 09, 2012, 01:21:40 am »

Nicholas grinned.
"Using my flamethrower, take cover."

Use the wrist-mounted flamethrower on the enemies behind the curtain of smoke, then follow up with a shot from the rifle.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 09, 2012, 01:43:27 am »

This was troubling. From what she could see, Desmond only had a burn on him, but his life energy said he was close to death. Must be internal damage, and pretty bad too. Only she could save him now.

"Desmond, it's going to be ok. Talk to me, just keep talking and breathing, alright?"

She placed her hand gently on the burn and took a deep breath. This was not going to be pleasant.

Push all my spare energy as well as a good deal of my own into his critical injury. Try to focus it on his organs and drain a bit from Nick if I'm running low.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:40 am »

Push all my spare energy as well as a good deal of my own into his critical injury. Try to focus it on his organs and drain a bit from Nick if I'm running low.
((Drain from Ire. She is his chickaboomwow after all and you didn't ask Nick for permission.))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 09, 2012, 02:03:54 am »

((Drain from Ire. She is his chickaboomwow after all and you didn't ask Nick for permission.))
Plus he's in powered armour.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 09, 2012, 02:07:38 am »

Plus he's in powered armour.
((Which is a factor to be considered. Forgot she needs contact.

Also, she should have plans of paying up any energy robbed from her teammates, if you get what I mean. :P))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:09:09 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 09, 2012, 02:10:44 am »

((Nick is also right next to me and everyone else is out of arms reach in a room full of bad guys with organ frying guns. Your the best thing I've got dude. You'll be fine, I'm going to go refill soon anyway so I'll pay you back.))
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 86